Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ile ago and laugh at how insanely big and stupid the buttons are or the little pictures they used or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
uh yeah that happened as soon as the getaway came out

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yeah I was replaying Mario galaxy and the part where they revealed that Peach is Rosilina's mom was pretty grainy.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Wormskull posted:

ile ago and laugh at how insanely big and stupid the buttons are or the little pictures they used or whatever.

It's charming.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

fps games where the first person view was just a little window crowded by menus are intense and cool

in system shock you could have your man duck, lean, lean AND duck. all you had to do was click on the little man figure at the top of the screen, click on a grid on the little man figure at the top of the screen to change the way he stood. that was all you had to do.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I laugh at the dark souls UI occupying 1/4 of the screen and that's a pretty recent game

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
one of the favorite games of young me

you gotta have your ID in your face at all times

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
This applies to pretty much every Russian developed game I think.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 7, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The Duke Nukem games allow you one second to react to any offscreen enemies before they damage you.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

program666 posted:

one of the favorite games of young me

you gotta have your ID in your face at all times

Six billion garbage indie games and we still can't get a zero tolerance remake

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
super metroid still looks (and sounds) as cool as it did on day 1
this is something nintendo was good at actually, a lot of early nes games sucked rear end but the good ones went from cool -> cool and retro with no old and lovely part inbetween

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

The Duke Nukem games allow you one second to react to any offscreen enemies before they damage you.

a giant gui that makes it impossible to see whats going to hit you in a second is a good challenge, not lovely design

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
you could change the duke3d ui size with +/- i'm pretty sure. Not that it made the game any less poo poo

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

BrettRobb posted:

you could change the duke3d ui size with +/- i'm pretty sure. Not that it made the game any less poo poo

duke 1 and duke 2 have huge guis that literally make it impossible to see what was heading towards you until it was too late. at least dn1 doesnt constantly send enemies and projectiles at you, like dn2 does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I remember playing eq for the first time and thinking they probably should have given the view of the game world itself a bit larger of a window

• Locked thread