Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I'm trying to determine if the battery life of my iPod nano and Kyocera cell phone will be halved by having the bluetooth on 24/7. Nothing is connected to them right now as they are both out of my car, so they are in sort of blue tooth stand-by where the bluetooth icon is grey. Does anyone know if it's worth the ball pain of turning off bluetooth every time I take the ipod and phone out of my car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SparkPeople
Nov 10, 2012
It depends what model iPod nano and Kyocera phone you have. If they have Bluetooth 4.0, the impact will be negligible in the worst case scenario (like 1% extra a day).

What model iPod Nano and phone?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

SparkPeople posted:

It depends what model iPod nano and Kyocera phone you have. If they have Bluetooth 4.0, the impact will be negligible in the worst case scenario (like 1% extra a day).

What model iPod Nano and phone?

I think it's the 7th gen.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Apple.com says the 7th gen ipod nano has bluetooth 4.0, so I would just leave it on. Battery life impact would probably be pretty negligible. No idea on the cell phone though, need more info on that.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
It is a Kyocera Verve on Boost Mobile. I can't seem to dig anything up, but I'll keep looking to see what version of BT it uses. The problem I'm having is that every time I shut off my car (2012 Corolla) my phone is no longer paired with the car. It's like I have to re-pair the phone and car every time which is a stupid rear end pain and unnecessary, especially since my iPod works every time I start the car.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

vigorous sodomy posted:

It is a Kyocera Verve on Boost Mobile. I can't seem to dig anything up, but I'll keep looking to see what version of BT it uses. The problem I'm having is that every time I shut off my car (2012 Corolla) my phone is no longer paired with the car. It's like I have to re-pair the phone and car every time which is a stupid rear end pain and unnecessary, especially since my iPod works every time I start the car.

According to Amazon, your phone has Bluetooth 2.1. I don't think that is what's causing your phone and car to not play nicely with each other though. Bluetooth itself is a pritty finnicky protocol - there's always people complaining about how Bluetooth interacts with stuff, especially car radios. You can pretty much find someone complaining about Bluetooth not working right with their car every 5 pages or so in the Android and iPhone threads.

Not the answer you probably wanted to hear but...it's an answer at least.

• Locked thread