Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Murmur Twin posted:

Quick time-out here:

And I will say that right now I do still have you high on my list and to please not take any of this personally because at the end of the day it's all about having fun.

Don't worry, I wasn't upset that I'm on your list nor did I think you were targeting me for a personal reason. And I definitely appreciated what you wrote, Murmur. I think I did indeed forgot I was supposed to be having fun with this, and the game started to overwhelm me a bit. I'm going to try and clear my head and take things more lightly from now on.

That being said, I'm going out to dinner tonight for my father's birthday and I'm not going to be available again until tomorrow morning. I hope you guys all have a good night!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Propaganda Machine posted:

this was also a lot of effort on your part. are you scared? if you're scum, i suppose you ought to be.

I'm not, at all.

the d2 case is looking better by the minute, however. there's a lot of post to go, but you're acting awfully defensive, and your points aren't very well substantiated.

and just to be clear, if i see you defending yourself, i'll reconsider.

:confused:

I feel like we have our cards on the table and I'm not particularly interested in winning the in-game approval of someone who I think is scum. I'd also like to point out that send me on a goose chase to prove my innocence both (a) doesn't help the town find scum at all and (b) is something I would only do if self-preservation was my goal, which it isn't.

I'm curious to hear from the other five players!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I think MT and PM are both townies who are going after each other which is all too common. In fact, in my first ever game I did the exact same "its either you or me that gets lynched today" as town to another town player, and town ended up losing quite horribly. So who do I think is scum? Well there have been three players that I have been suspicious of so far in this game:

Met
Carpet Shark
Strong Mouse

Let's start with Met - I was really suspicious of him D1 because his posts were pretty much just empty content even after breadchat was over. My opinion changed, however, when he made his big post at the beginning of D2 because he came to some of the same conclusions I had already come to, which I feel would be more difficult for scum than town. Right now, I would not want to vote for Met

On to Carpet Shark - I have gotten a scummy vibe from him all game. MT made some good points earlier regarding Carpet Shark, but when I went back in my re-read I saw something that made me question my scum read.

The Carpet Shark posted:

(oh god, can someone help me, i don't know how to cast a vote, do i just do two pound signs and bold it? does it automatically bold?)

I feel like if Carpet was scum he would have just asked in his scumdoc how to vote, so my opinion on him went from scum player trying not to commit to opinions so he can distance himself from bad votes, to newbie who is just overwhelmed and unsure of what to do.

That leaves Strong Mouse who is the top of my scum list right now. On Day 1 he brought up the lurker chat which is a really good way to keep the focus off oneself. Then there was the whole PM vs MT thing which I already commented on but I want to expand a little.

Strong Mouse posted:

This is interesting, because both you and murmur twin are going back and forth accusing each other. I am not sure who to pick yet. I am going to see what (if anything) is said tonight and make my decision when I get up tomorrow.

I previously noted how this post was scummy because it implied that SM was just going to wait and see where he could put an easy vote. When I pointed that out, he backpedaled with this post

Strong Mouse posted:

I wasn't actually thinking of picking either of them. If people bring good cases against them I might, but I plan on looking at what's happened throughout the thread before I do anything. I actually don't think either of them look particularly scummy.

Notice how now he doesn't actually think either of them are scummy!

Later, after I asked who he did think was scummy, he responds saying Twelvebaud was the only thing that stuck out to him (another safe call on a lurker who had already has some suspicion thrown at him), and even then he said he didn't actually think TwelveBaud was being scummy

Strong Mouse posted:

I just went through the thread to see what everybody has said.

The only thing that really stuck out to me was

because it seems like he's trying to push something, but it doesn't feel scummy to me.

Beyond that, not really.

A few minutes later he contradicts himself when I prod Met for info, saying

Strong Mouse posted:

My thoughts (even though you were asking Met) are that TwelveBaud looks the most off. He hasn't said much, but as I said earlier, he seems to be pushing for PM even though she doesn't really seem scummy at this point.

Met is also bothering me a little bit, since his posts don't have any real content to them, which seems a little odd since he has been in some games before.

Also, now that I have prodded Met, SM also finds Met suspicious!

Then he starts the vote on TwelveBaud and leaves until D2.

And now for his D2 stuff :

Here he is distancing himself from what could be a Carpet Shark lynch

Strong Mouse posted:

Also, it seems that we are at -2 for The Carpet Shark.

I'm not totally positive, but from what I am seeing he seems more town than scum to me. I won't be voting right now, and we really don't want a turbo hammer, so think before you vote.

But in his very next post he says Carpet Shark is the second scummiest

Strong Mouse posted:

I just want to get my thoughts out there. If you want me to expand on anybody, I will get support from what they have posted.

People left:

Adus: Hasn't posted much, but feels pretty town to me.

Met: Has really felt the most iffy to me. Is somebody I may vote for if things keep as they are.

Murmur Twin: D1 felt really off, but since then she has swung back towards the middle for what I think. Probably more town than scum

Propaganda Machine: Easily the most towny feel I get.

soscannonballs: has an awesome name, and makes great points. I haven't really noticed anything scummy about his posts, but he is somebody that I haven't paid too much attention to. I should change that.

The Carpet Shark: Feels the second scummiest after Met. Currently at -2 to hammer.

In addition to the Carpet Shark flip-flopping, he also parrots the common opinions for the remaining players, but the leaves the door open to start pushing suspicion on me. Another interesting fact is that of the two players SM feels are scum (Met and CS), Met is currently voting for CS!

##vote Strong Mouse

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
good case.

strong mouse, please give us your thoughts on:

-met
-carpet shark
-me

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
yeah a lot of good points there. i think the opinion flip-flopping and starting the twelvebaud vote and disappearing stick out quite a bit.

this game is quite a learning experience. if i ever play again i'll finally have an idea of what to look for...

i still feel like carpet shark is just kinda overwhelmed due to his interrogation, especially the part where he gets told to "act more town" which would be a baffling command to me, another newbie.

i was also afraid of the possibility that PM and MT were grilling each other so hard while both possibly town. PM made good points, but i've kinda lost my gut feeling about MT's scumminess over the past day. i'm not totally convinced she's town but i think she's had good reason to need to defend herself and she's done her share of casing others.

with soscannonballs' last post i think strong mouse is moving up my suspicion list and met is still on it.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

soscannonballs posted:

That leaves Strong Mouse who is the top of my scum list right now. On Day 1 he brought up the lurker chat which is a really good way to keep the focus off oneself. Then there was the whole PM vs MT thing which I already commented on but I want to expand a little.

I previously noted how this post was scummy because it implied that SM was just going to wait and see where he could put an easy vote. When I pointed that out, he backpedaled with this post

Notice how now he doesn't actually think either of them are scummy!

I truly didn't, and still don't, think either of them are scum. If somebody had brought up something that I missed, or they posted something that clicked wrong, then I would start thinking about them. At that point in the game, I didn't know who might or might not be scum.

quote:

Later, after I asked who he did think was scummy, he responds saying Twelvebaud was the only thing that stuck out to him (another safe call on a lurker who had already has some suspicion thrown at him), and even then he said he didn't actually think TwelveBaud was being scummy

I was the first person to throw suspicion at Twelvebaud. Before that Carpet and PM both mentioned his post where he talked about PM calling out lurkers, but neither of them said anything about having suspicions about him.

quote:

A few minutes later he contradicts himself when I prod Met for info, saying

Also, now that I have prodded Met, SM also finds Met suspicious!

Then he starts the vote on TwelveBaud and leaves until D2.

Yes, I contradicted myself about Met. I went through the thread looking mostly for stuff about PM since she seemed to be in the middle of everything that was happening, and I passed over what Met had posted. Also, by the time I had answered that, Met had posted something new that was about him not caring about D1 stuff, and that really seemed off. The two posts that you are quoting were done 14 hours apart, after a lot of things had happened in the thread.

quote:

And now for his D2 stuff :

Here he is distancing himself from what could be a Carpet Shark lynch

But in his very next post he says Carpet Shark is the second scummiest

I do think that carpet shark is the second scummiest. I also think that Met looks the scummiest. I just didn't want to vote for Carpet Shark at that time and leave a chance that he could be hammered that early in the day.

I thought about voting for Met at the time, but I decided to see what he responded to that.

quote:

In addition to the Carpet Shark flip-flopping, he also parrots the common opinions for the remaining players, but the leaves the door open to start pushing suspicion on me. Another interesting fact is that of the two players SM feels are scum (Met and CS), Met is currently voting for CS!

##vote Strong Mouse

I don't see that I flip-flopped on carpet shark. I didn't vote for him because I thought, and still think, that he feels more town than scum. But right now, he is my second choice after Met for who I think is scummiest.

Parroting? I am saying who I think is scum and town. And there really aren't that many common opinions about people. You and Adus haven't really been brought up, and you both look like town to me. PM is getting pushed by Murmur, though most seem to think she is town (this is probably the only place that I am "parroting" other people. Murmur seems to be getting about 25/25/50 people who think she is scum/town/not sure. People have jumped on and off of Carpet Shark, and I think he is town, but he could be scum. Met I think is scum, and have thought he was since the post you said I jumped on him on.

I didn't mean to push suspicion on you. At that point in the game, I really hadn't looked too hard at your posts. Since then, I think that you really are town, and your posts make a lot of points about people.

##vote Met

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

good case.

strong mouse, please give us your thoughts on:

-met
-carpet shark
-me

Met: scum

carpet shark: not scum, but feels the most likely to be so out of those who I think are town

PM: The first day, I felt for sure town. Some of what has been brought up today has swung that thought slightly towards the middle, but I still don't think is scum.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So you think scum Met is voting for scum Carpet Shark?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

soscannonballs posted:

No

I figure that if one of them is scum, then the other one probably isn't. If that's the case, I have no idea who the other scum is.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Strong Mouse posted:

No

I figure that if one of them is scum, then the other one probably isn't. If that's the case, I have no idea who the other scum is.

yeah i think i agree with this.

i would like to officially call a truce with murmur because town attacking town is probably the correct read of all that noise. it was real, and it was fun, but i'd rather lynch scum in the end.

##unvote

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm game for now. ##unvote

Is there any way we can make the deadline sometime on Sunday? Plans were recently made for me to go camping tomorrow night (and a family birthday party during the day) and I'd rather be an active participant if able.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
i will also be quite busy tomorrow and absolutely unavailable starting about three hours from deadline.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Morning, thread.

Votecount for Day 2

Met (1): Strong Mouse
Strong Mouse (1): soscannonballs
The Carpet Shark (1): Met, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (4): Adus, Murmur Twin, Propaganda Machine, The Carpet Shark

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lunch. There is currently no deadline set.

I'm still comfortable with my Carpet Shark lynch for the moment. Strong Mouse's jump to lynch me tells me he went into panic mode the second any scrutiny went on him.

My scum list, in order right now:

The Carpet Shark
Strong Mouse
Propaganda Machine

The reasonings for TCS AND PM is in my last post. Strong Mouse made the list with his panic post.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met do you think scum Carpet Shark would have asked how to vote in this thread as opposed to the scumdoc? I was getting scummy vibes from him until I saw that post.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

Met do you think scum Carpet Shark would have asked how to vote in this thread as opposed to the scumdoc? I was getting scummy vibes from him until I saw that post.

I don't see it as relevant because I'm not going to be that kind of paranoid about how people post.

We can play the WIFOM game and say either way is reasonable for a Mafia to play or we can just assume he's a new player and asked in the game thread. You could also say it's weird he didn't simply PM the Mod.

Or you can do the reasonable thing by not stressing it and go by the many other factors that actually may show scumminess instead of giving this minor thing any weight at all compared to all the other evidence.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Due to popular demand and also a work shift that will probably never end your deadline is now going to be on Sunday 11PM EST, but your future deadlines will be a bit tighter.

Day 2 is going to start at midnight regardless of when the hammer happens. If you're not going to be there for that night phase and you have an action submit it to me early etc.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 13, 2014

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Met posted:

We can play the WIFOM game and say either way is reasonable for a Mafia to play or we can just assume he's a new player and asked in the game thread. You could also say it's weird he didn't simply PM the Mod.

I know the Mod personally and was aware he was at work at the time, so I figured that since the nature of the game is for new players to learn, someone might be able to help me out.

Then I figured it out myself because I looked at the little BBcode article and discovered that square brackets work here, as opposed to <b>.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MildManeredManikin posted:

Due to popular demand and also a work shift that will probably never end your deadline is now going to be on Sunday 11PM EST, but your future deadlines will be a bit tighter.

Day 2 is going to start at midnight regardless of when the hammer happens. If you're not going to be there for that night phase and you have an action submit it to me early etc.

mod is great. mod is good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
streamlined for clarity.

soscannonballs posted:

Strong Mouse posted:

No

soscannonballs posted:

Met posted:

I don't see it as relevant because I'm not going to be that kind of paranoid about how people post.

Or you can do the reasonable thing by not stressing it and go by the many other factors that actually may show scumminess instead of giving this minor thing any weight at all compared to all the other evidence.

The Carpet Shark posted:

I know the Mod personally and was aware he was at work at the time, so I figured that since the nature of the game is for new players to learn, someone might be able to help me out.

Then I figured it out myself because I looked at the little BBcode article and discovered that square brackets work here, as opposed to <b>.

so, chatting with mmm about the veracity of that last bit seems absolutely out of bounds, so i'll take it at face value for now. it's believable.

met: discredits weak argument without really substantiating strong arguments, keeping in mind that he came under some heat from his earlier effortpost. clever.

i don't want to threaten a hammer while i'm out for the evening, but i am very, very willing to vote met here.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So we have about 5 hours until the deadline right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

soscannonballs posted:

So we have about 5 hours until the deadline right?

right.

does math

it's morningtime in australia. i don't know how much more we'll be hearing from our dear met, but he's got a minute for last minute qualms, i guess.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm pretty invested in watching football right now so this post is the result of me skimming and re-reading some people and writing my impressions. I can point to references if people need it.

From least scummy to most scummy:

PROBABLY TOWN

Me - I've been making an effort to contribute to the scumhunting - I feel like most people see this?

Met - I don't see it at all. He's made it clear who his scum suspects and given reasons for those suspicions - more below. They happen to be the same three people who I most suspect as well. There also seems to be a good likelihood that he wasn't online when the nightkill happened.

soscannonballs - was on my "don't have much to go on" list until his case on Strong Mouse (who was also on it), but it looks like a solid case that he put good effort into, and I have no reason right now to doubt him as town.

NULL READ

Adus - seems like newbie town to me. However, I can't eliminate the possibility that he's playing up newbieness and generally going with the flow to dodge suspicion. I wouldn't want to lynch him today.

POSSIBLE SCUM

Carpet Shark - When I was accusing him, the main thing that seemed weird to me was how much he and Props seemed to be in sync. My thought was that the two of them were scumbuddies defending each other. After Carpet Shark responded to my prodding by seeming genuinely stressed/frustrated that I didn't believe him, it makes me think that he was town who genuinely agreed with PM's points.

PROBABLE SCUM

Propaganda Machine - I still think she's scum. However, there's doubt in the minds of sos/Adus, who are probably more objective than I am. And I acknowledge there's a chance we're both town and a mislynch there would be really bad, so I'm willing to step back and observe a bit further since, in my opinion, there's someone who seems scummier.

Strong Mouse - everything sos said is accurate. His case on Met feels forced, like he decided to say Met is scum and then looked for a way to justify it. Other than that it's just a ton of words that don't really convey any opinions. Like this:

Strong Mouse posted:

Parroting? I am saying who I think is scum and town. And there really aren't that many common opinions about people. You and Adus haven't really been brought up, and you both look like town to me. PM is getting pushed by Murmur, though most seem to think she is town (this is probably the only place that I am "parroting" other people. Murmur seems to be getting about 25/25/50 people who think she is scum/town/not sure. People have jumped on and off of Carpet Shark, and I think he is town, but he could be scum. Met I think is scum, and have thought he was since the post you said I jumped on him on.

He's defending the fact that he's not parroting by summarizing everyone else's opinions. Which, if I read correctly, are:

sos: might be town?
Adus: might be town?
PM: most people think town expect Murmur
Murmur: no one knows expect PM thinks scum
Carpet: might be town?
Met: scum

Contrast this with Met, who in three posts gives three suspects and why:

quote:

Met posted:

Like this. Pretty loving trusty. "Oh, Twelvebud is our pick? I'll switch off this guy and vote Twelvebud out then. NO PROBLEM."

The Carpet Shark is my pick for today.

##vote: The Carpet Shark

Met posted:

Are you kidding? Go look at my post history and you'll see my active times. If I half-rear end it, I get the "he's not posting much. Scum" and now you're going "He's posting too much. Scum."

Yesterday you were pinning a lot on Murmur. Now you've switched to me when it was convenient.

I'm voting immediately so you know where I stand before going to sleep and then morning plans. Had I not voted, I guarantee you someone would have said it was scummy that I made a big spiel about Carpet Shark and then NOT voted to see how everyone would reply.

We have no scum down yet to compare, but Carpet Shark and Props are playing off each other while throwing accusations at every person going by to see what sticks. I call bragging points if they both turn out to be scum. Shame on one if the other is scum and leading them on.

Met posted:

I'm still comfortable with my Carpet Shark lynch for the moment. Strong Mouse's jump to lynch me tells me he went into panic mode the second any scrutiny went on him.

My scum list, in order right now:

The Carpet Shark
Strong Mouse
Propaganda Machine

The reasonings for TCS AND PM is in my last post. Strong Mouse made the list with his panic post.

I feel good about ##vote Strong Mouse

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

...Bueller?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
oh, murmur.

since i at least have the information of my role pm, that all just reads so badly. when i said truce, and it's okay if you didn't infer this, i wasn't just talking unvotes. i was talking not casing each other for a loving minute so something else could be illuminated.

anyway i'm just gonna go with my gut here.

##vote met

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Met has made an argument against me that seemed reasonable in it's logic, but his later backing of essentially 'you're all dumb if you don't think my opinions are correct' was pretty weak. My worry is that he's actually just a bit of a grumpy dude, but if he's not I would bet he's scum trying to sound assertive and make us feel foolish and second-guess ourselves when we don't agree with him. I could vote his way.

Strong Mouse gave me a town vibe at the beginning of this game, but as soscannonballs pointed out, they've really been jumping around with their opinions and never seem to want to settle on saying anything that hasn't been prompted by other players. I am nervous about voting this way, so I'm going to give the thread another re-read.

I'm inclined to believe soscannonballs is town. Since I was unable to glean anything personal from their posts I found them the most confusing player in terms of whether they were scum or town, and earlier this led me to distrust them a whole lot. Their actions, though, have all fallen in line with a town game as far as I can see, and have for the most part made sense to me. Since actions speak louder than a brusque posting style I feel their case against Strong Mouse is genuine.

Another thing worrying me is that Strong Mouse is voting for Met. D:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
for the sake of posterity, and rereading later, i'm gonna lumpenlist.

totally town!
----
pm
carpetshark
strong mouse

tentatively trustworthy
---
adus
soscannonballs

scummy as poo poo
---
murmur
met

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Carpet Shark posted:

Met has made an argument against me that seemed reasonable in it's logic, but his later backing of essentially 'you're all dumb if you don't think my opinions are correct' was pretty weak. My worry is that he's actually just a bit of a grumpy dude, but if he's not I would bet he's scum trying to sound assertive and make us feel foolish and second-guess ourselves when we don't agree with him. I could vote his way.

Strong Mouse gave me a town vibe at the beginning of this game, but as soscannonballs pointed out, they've really been jumping around with their opinions and never seem to want to settle on saying anything that hasn't been prompted by other players. I am nervous about voting this way, so I'm going to give the thread another re-read.

I'm inclined to believe soscannonballs is town. Since I was unable to glean anything personal from their posts I found them the most confusing player in terms of whether they were scum or town, and earlier this led me to distrust them a whole lot. Their actions, though, have all fallen in line with a town game as far as I can see, and have for the most part made sense to me. Since actions speak louder than a brusque posting style I feel their case against Strong Mouse is genuine.

Another thing worrying me is that Strong Mouse is voting for Met. D:

hmm.

i mean, you can easily see where i stand, roughly.

since my strongest reads are against met and murmur, i'm very hesitant to vote with either of them. the vote threshold on these small games is just so low.

i mean i guess i understand your concerns, but i guess i interpret them more as newbie town has no idea what the gently caress.

would you be willing to lay a vote down so we have something to work with? deadline rapidly approaches and i don't want us to sit here flogging each other with wet noodles.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i'm a really lame player in this type of game. i need more tools to work with than just wordplay. literally everything i look at could be seen in a different light depending on the read.

MT and PM: putting the most effort into casing people. seems like a town responsibility, but it would also serve their cover the best as scum to convince us to vote for other people.

strong mouse: if they're scum who are they working with? he has kinda bounced around in his ideas of who is scum and got called out. no one has really defended him. it could be that 'bussing' thing that was talked about, but that seems risky now that we're so close to the deadline and he's a likely target to get voted.

met: feels like everyone has been accusing him except murmur. could be working together? however there seems to be a high likelihood that he was not around for the NK. could he have sent in his action early? i don't know the specifics of this.

carpet shark: a newbie and his reactions seem genuine for someone who is being accused of being scum while town, at least from my point of view as another newbie who is town. PM and i have come to his defense. both him and PM could be scum but by that logic i could be too.

socannonballs: has been kind of in the background as well but made a compelling case against strong mouse. this could be a subtle play to stay out of the line of fire while also putting in a solid contribution and not seem like too much of a lurker.

so i guess if i had to make a choice, i'd lean toward met and murmur still i suppose.

my 'gut feeling' list from most likely town to most likely scum at this rate is probably

carpet shark
PM
strong mouse
socannoballs
MT
met

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

oh, murmur.

since i at least have the information of my role pm, that all just reads so badly. when i said truce, and it's okay if you didn't infer this, i wasn't just talking unvotes. i was talking not casing each other for a loving minute so something else could be illuminated.

anyway i'm just gonna go with my gut here.

##vote met

What did you want me to do? List everyone but you? Not list my scum suspects because a truce was called?

totally town!
----
strong mouse

[quote="Propaganda Machine" post=""434805437" (to soscannonballs)"]
good case.
[/quote]

This appears to be a contradiction; or, if not, can you explain why sos's case wasn't enough to sway your opinion on Strong Mouse?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
murmur i'm just not loving getting into it tonight.

anyway hang on lemme reread that thing.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Well, I mean I'm super hesitant to vote with Murmur or Strong Mouse but since they're on either side now it doesn't really matter anymore and I kind of just have to go with my gut.

I'm going to go with ##vote Met despite the fact that Met and Murmur would both love to both chime in with how I am clearly PM's scumbro. I've naturally got a level of distrust for people voting me out, and while I think his reason for pointing suspicion my way didn't read scummy to me, it seems weird to use that as the sole point for voting against me and I can't help but wonder about the 'you fools!' attitude he's taken.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Murmur Twin posted:

This appears to be a contradiction; or, if not, can you explain why sos's case wasn't enough to sway your opinion on Strong Mouse?

sos actually was the one that really got me to back off from you, most of all.

i thought the strong mouse case was intriguing and piggybacked off that post to draw strong mouse out of the woodwork (lol) and elicit some opinions. i don't think that complimenting a case and then not voting with it two days later is quite a "contradiction," but ymmv i guess.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
well i guess if i were to vote met now it would bring the hammer down and we still have 50 minutes. i imagine he can't post right now? seems kinda lame that he gets so few chances to defend himself but my feelings aren't particularly strong toward anyone else.

will give it a bit more time.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Adus posted:

well i guess if i were to vote met now it would bring the hammer down and we still have 50 minutes. i imagine he can't post right now? seems kinda lame that he gets so few chances to defend himself but my feelings aren't particularly strong toward anyone else.

Yeah, I'm kind of concerned that we keep voting people who can't for whatever reason get in to discuss things? But I just don't feel confident with Strong Mouse, and a no-lynch with so few people seems like a really bad idea!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm effortposting, give me a few.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Met (3): Strong Mouse, Propaganda Machine, The Carpet Shark
Strong Mouse (2): soscannonballs, Murmur Twin
The Carpet Shark (1): Met, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (1): Adus

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lunch. The current deadline is September 14th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 30 minutes.

There is no discussion topic today.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

In the meantime I'll say, re-reading the Strong Mouse posts I am actually now super unsure and am feeling they might be scum! I know sos pointed out the whole saying TwelveBaud didn't feel scummy and then switching and starting the vote against them thing, but I sometimes have trouble parsing long passages of information so when I went over the the whole thread myself, I caught that same thing and it stuck out to me so much. I know they defended it with a fourteen hour time difference, but it still seems strange to me to cast that original vote instead of waiting, especially when we had so much time left that time, I don't know. What are you guys thinking right now?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This probably doesn't mean much if you haven't played a game with him before, but Met is giving me very "Bowmore" vibes, which is to say he is just apathetic town with an antagonistic tone in his posts.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Trying to get this out so people have time to reply:

murmur i'm just not loving getting into it tonight.

Same thing I said to Carpet Mouse: all I am doing is trying to determine whose role PMs say butter instead of bread. If you're actually angry at me for suggesting that you might be scum, I hope you understand that it's all part of the game and that there are no actual hard feelings here. Or at least that I hope there aren't?

If you're scum and it's all a tactic to get me and others to not want to case you out fear of being on the receiving end of being told off, that's not going to work.

re: truce - I didn't even case you, I cased Strong Mouse and voted for him.

The Carpet Shark posted:

I'm going to go with ##vote Met despite the fact that Met and Murmur would both love to both chime in with how I am clearly PM's scumbro. I've naturally got a level of distrust for people voting me out, and while I think his reason for pointing suspicion my way didn't read scummy to me, it seems weird to use that as the sole point for voting against me and I can't help but wonder about the 'you fools!' attitude he's taken.

I don't think you're PM's scumbro, I think PM's scum game involves being antagonistic towards people who go against her (me and Met) while being encouraging to you (Carpet Shark) so you agree with her. I think Strong Mouse is PM's scumbro.

Adus posted:

strong mouse: if they're scum who are they working with? he has kinda bounced around in his ideas of who is scum and got called out. no one has really defended him. it could be that 'bussing' thing that was talked about, but that seems risky now that we're so close to the deadline and he's a likely target to get voted.

sos actually was the one that really got me to back off from you, most of all.

i thought the strong mouse case was intriguing and piggybacked off that post to draw strong mouse out of the woodwork (lol) and elicit some opinions. i don't think that complimenting a case and then not voting with it two days later is quite a "contradiction," but ymmv i guess.

Questions for PM:

1 - If sos's case influenced you enough to back off me, why did you then go after Met while defending Strong Mouse?
2 - What in Strong Mouse's posting specifically made you go 'totally town'? Everyone else seems to acknowledge that he hasn't posted any strong cases expect being inexplicably sure that Met is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Carpet Shark posted:

In the meantime I'll say, re-reading the Strong Mouse posts I am actually now super unsure and am feeling they might be scum! I know sos pointed out the whole saying TwelveBaud didn't feel scummy and then switching and starting the vote against them thing, but I sometimes have trouble parsing long passages of information so when I went over the the whole thread myself, I caught that same thing and it stuck out to me so much. I know they defended it with a fourteen hour time difference, but it still seems strange to me to cast that original vote instead of waiting, especially when we had so much time left that time, I don't know. What are you guys thinking right now?

Adus posted:

I for one would like to implore you guys to vote Strong Mouse.

• Locked thread