Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwelveBaud
Jun 6, 2011

Waitlist me, coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwelveBaud
Jun 6, 2011

Confirming :420:

TwelveBaud
Jun 6, 2011

Realtalk: For most of my life my favorite bread has been Pepperidge Farm Sandwich White; cinnamon raisin was far too rare to be memorable, rye was too bitter, sourdough was too crisp and chewy, and wheat and pump were so dry your mouth would be mummified afterwards. Ironically, I thought Wonderbread was terrible too: it was like playpen foam until it got squished into a sticky, gooey putty ball. Yeeeck!

As I've gotten older and both my tastes and the tastes of bakers have changed, I've been able to accept a much broader variety of breads. I'm now having as my main sandwich bread some stone-ground 100% whole wheat. While it does have a slightly harsher, woodier taste than white, it's bland and inoffensive, and it's now just as moist and structurally sound. Rye's still too bitter in the general case, mostly due to the caraway seeds rather than the grain itself, but pumpernickel is A-OK when paired with a good meat, and I can now tear into crispy sourdough without issue. (Cinnamon raisin is still too rare to be memorable, but at least now I can buy my own loaves when I crave it!)

🍞

TwelveBaud
Jun 6, 2011

Just got home from a long day at work, and if I ever get held 2 hours late, off the clock, for a meeting planning a product for a company that doesn't even exist yet, again, I'll... something involving new employment I guess.

I'm thinking Prop is the most likely scum. She's making easy-to-make calls like uncritically calling out lurkers. And her bread chat was about expanding the classification of bread and being light-hearted about butter (when only one other person has mentioned spreadable substances); even though it wasn't directly about town versus scum, it was using the metaphor this game is based around in a calculating attempt to try to dilute "towndom" and de-fang "scumdom".

The capitalization case is dumb, btw.

TwelveBaud
Jun 6, 2011

:ghost: My apologies for lurking; yet more RL issues. Looks like I did my job though... good luck! :ghost:

• Locked thread