Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings

National Broadcasts This WeekAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • Sun, Sep 7 - 1:05 pm - Kansas City Royals at New York Yankees - TBS
  • Sun, Sep 7 - 2:20 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • Sun, Sep 7 - 8:00 pm - San Francisco Giants at Detroit Tigers - ESPN
  • Mon, Sep 8 - 1:05 pm - Los Angeles Angels at Cleveland Indians - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 8 - 4:08 pm - Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 8 - 7:05 pm - Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 8 - 7:07 pm - Chicago Cubs at Toronto Blue Jays - WGN America
  • Mon, Sep 8 - 7:10 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds - MLBN
  • Tue, Sep 9 - 7:05 pm - Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals - MLBN
  • Tue, Sep 9 - 7:08 pm - Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers - MLBN
  • Wed, Sep 10 - 4:05 pm - Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals - MLBN
  • Wed, Sep 10 - 7:08 pm - Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers - ESPN
  • Wed, Sep 10 - 10:15 pm - Arizona Diamondbacks at San Francisco Giants - ESPN
  • Thu, Sep 11 - 12:35 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds - MLBN
  • Thu, Sep 11 - 2:10 pm - Oakland Athletics at Chicago White Sox - MLBN
  • Thu, Sep 11 - 7:05 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Philadelphia Phillies - MLBN
  • Thu, Sep 11 - 7:05 pm - Tampa Bay Rays at New York Yankees - MLBN
  • Fri, Sep 12 - 1:05 pm - New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles - MLBN
  • Fri, Sep 12 - 7:05 pm - New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles - MLBN
  • Fri, Sep 12 - 7:08 pm - Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers - MLBN
  • Sat, Sep 13 - 1:05 pm - Atlanta Braves at Texas Rangers - FOX
  • Sat, Sep 13 - 1:05 pm - New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles - FOX
  • Sat, Sep 13 - 7:10 pm - Minnesota Twins at Chicago White Sox - WGN America
  • Sat, Sep 13 - 8:10 pm - San Diego Padres at Arizona Diamondbacks - FS1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

National Broadcasts TodayAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • 1:05 pm - Kansas City Royals at New York Yankees - TBS
  • 2:20 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • 8:00 pm - San Francisco Giants at Detroit Tigers - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1916 - The New York Giants beat the Brooklyn Dodgers 4-1 to start their 26-game winning streak, a Major League record.
  • 1945 - Joe Kuhel hits an inside-the-park home run, the only homer hit by a Senator all season at Washington's Griffith Stadium. The Nats hit twenty-six on the road.
  • 1970 - The White Sox use a Major League record 41 players in a doubleheader with Oakland, but lose both games, 7-4, and 7-5.
  • 1975 - The Reds clinch the National League West flag with an 8-4 win over the Giants. It is the earliest clinching date in league history.
  • 1998 - Mark McGwire, who had become the third player in history to reach 60 home runs, hits his record-tying 61st

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 8, 2014

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
how much did they pay michael jordan to be at this ceremony

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Stepfordbrenners

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
This game was supposed to start at 1. How are they still doing introductions for the ceremony?

J. Swanlake
Oct 29, 2013
They changed the first pitch to 1:35 so they could do the ceremony.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
does anyone know if derek jeter will be returning next year???

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
For infante and the Royals sake I hope that they're letting Jeter be safe because that attempted tag was pretty sad

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
crossposting this because I want Angels fans to go

When: Friday, September 12, at 7:05pm.
Where: Angel Stadium
Who: Xenophon, Cool Dog, and you!
Who else: The LA Angels Major League Baseball Team and the Houston Astros
Why: shut up and go
Tickets??? Let me (PM or sassheepgame@gmail.com or just post) or Good Dog know if you're going by the night of Monday the 8th. I'll buy the best tickets we can get (probably above the first base line) for less than $25, including fees, and you can pay me back at the stadium.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The Real Deal Neil :woop:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
lmao the Reds had the bases loaded with no outs against the Mets and got nothing.

Just burn this whole team down.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

The Real Deal Neil :woop:
Tied Maz for most HR in a season by a 2nd Baseman for the Pirates

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 7, 2014

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
drat the Pirates are teeing off Wood

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
LaRoche has 2 HRs in 2 at bats. If only the Nats defense wasn't given up runs.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
LaRoche has quietly been having a incredibly hot streak going.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Nice baserunning by Gose and Reyes

E: Nice swing by Bautista

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
CJ Wilson is dogshit absolutely zero confidence in him. Might as well be another bullpen day with him out there.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Jose Oquendo posted:

drat the Pirates are teeing off Wood

How sweet it is

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
BACK TO BACK :pirate:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
holy poo poo Cutch

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
3 walks in a row to start the inning. The CJ Wilson experience.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
It's 5am my time. I haven't been able to sleep all night but I'm ready to watch some Mariners baseball and hopefully not fall asleep before the end!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Let us go, the Buccaneers :pirate:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

goddamn Orioles give up an inside the parker because the outfielders aren't talking to each other

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Mike Trout's dinger stayed in the air forever holy poo poo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Brad Miller goes 4 for 4 and is taken out the lineup.

On the plus side, AJax with a leadoff single!

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
What the heck was Jackson thinking?

Some Numbers posted:

Was that a TOOTBLAN?

If not, it should be.

Gina like vagina fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 7, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

He was straight stealing, I think?

Was that a TOOTBLAN?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Morales not sucking!

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Some Numbers posted:

Morales not sucking!

I'm officially going to stop making fun of him now.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Holy poo poo, Adams. Good hands!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Matt Adams with the rare L3-3. Highlight reel material, or blooper material?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
That wasn't a loving balk Fairchild you loving moron. AARRRRGG ASDFLA 'fkhsa;g hdsag;lkjhdsaf

E: If that dumbass call ends up costing the Phillies the game, I'm going to hunt down Chad Fairchild's home address and send him a strongly worded letter.

BallerBallerDillz fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 7, 2014

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

:siren: We have a beer casualty! Repeat, we have a beer casualty! :siren:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Krigen posted:

:siren: We have a beer casualty! Repeat, we have a beer casualty! :siren:

Isn't 3pm or so a bit early to start drinking?

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Some Numbers posted:

Isn't 3pm or so a bit early to start drinking?

... It's baseball. It's almost 6am on Monday here and I'm still considering drinking.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

That was honestly one of the best double plays I've seen this year. Someone needs to .gif that.

E: And a great throw by Sucre to second to end the innings, awesome fielding all around.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

haha i'm watching some of the Jeter Day stuff and they sure turned out the A-List for this shindig. Michael Jordan?? lol

e: loving NASA astronauts from the space station :lol:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
FSN is having technical difficulties with the Cards/Brewers game, so it's off the air at the moment. In its place, though, is... championship darts.

MOUNTAINTOP!

Switching to KMOX to hear the game broadcast in stunning PHLEGM-O-SOUND!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mariners get three outs on the basepaths in one of the more action packed innings I've seen.

Krigen posted:

That was honestly one of the best double plays I've seen this year. Someone needs to .gif that.

E: And a great throw by Sucre to second to end the innings, awesome fielding all around.

Basically this.

• Locked thread