Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We will be given mibbit links for the irc channels right because I am lazy and don't want to download a client

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Dr. Hurt posted:

Can you do IRC channels on an ipad?

There are apps that make this possible for ipad.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Oh okay. The IRC channels will be essential for communication during games, so as long as you can get that to work playing via Ipad shouldn't be that much of a problem. Of course, it might be hard keeping up with those on computer.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will make sure I am available for everything even if it means breaking previous engagements and ruining the lives of others.

I also filled out the application.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

We will be given mibbit links for the irc channels right because I am lazy and don't want to download a client

You should download a client!

But yes, you will be given links. However remember you can only be in one at a time.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Can we save logs from chat rooms and share them with allies? It would undermine your rule. :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No, no chatlogs. It's in a rule.

quote:

Do not post/send chatlogs in this thread/via PM/via IRC/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. Please do not be a shitbag!!!!!

The irc channels are acting as live conversation and there are no chatlogs in live conversations unless you are wearing a wire (you are not allowed to wear a wire).

As with Survivor you can tell people anything that was told to you, but it has to be your own words.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I have no idea how proper IRC channels work, but goddammit I will learn if I have to for this. It can't be that bad, I remember using one once in like 2008/9ish so I must be able to do it.

Either way, looking forward to this. Application applied, and it's amazing luck that Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri are basically the only days I am really free at those times. :v:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I should be automatically qualified to play this game with this as ring tone for my cellphone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L85V0SKrKiQ
Also a super fan of the show. Loving the music as well they use for the show. Extreme ways(only allowed to be used during reveal of something fantastic) Cowboy bepop, Idiotape, Robot rock, Ocean's twelve and much more only to mention some of them.
Information is sacred so this is what I'm pitching with to try get myself in to the game.
Bonus information: Fan of Solitary.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fact that I have classes from 6 - 10 on Thursdays means I won't be able to play, but I will be interested in a vista pass. I am really interested to see what kind of imaginative deviousness the players can come up with.

Also, any excuse to link to Idiotape is a good one indeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzjzSdjoAlY

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
ahh, dang it i didnt notice how long the games will take each day and i will have to revoke my applicatoin :'(

i will be watching with much interest though

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ha ha looks like some idiot lost 5 billion monopoly dollars already.

Derp do you want access to the vista?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hells yes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, I want to be in this but I just can't commit, and I'd rather bow out now than later.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

Ha ha looks like some idiot lost 5 billion monopoly dollars already.

Derp do you want access to the vista?

God DAMMIT Meinberg

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
interested if there are spots

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i'd totally be interested in this if it wasn't happening so soon after survivor and if it fit my schedule better. i will gladly watch from the vista though! can't wait to see how it translates to the forum.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
anyone who hasnt watched the show (poque) watch the drat show! it is so good, like so good you will die and then be reborn to finish watching

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh poo poo, I just realized I have a conflict with this Thursday that can't be moved. Send me viewer link and I will watch this glorious thing from the sidelines instead.

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW
I have literally watched 15+ (maybe 20?) seasons of The Mole.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I'm SO in.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
For those who are new to IRC I will write up a little IRC tutorial for the main game thread.

Seriously though I've been using IRC since the dawn of the internet. Get your poo poo together, people!

Looking at you, capps.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Players, please note that misuse of Extreme Ways will not be tolerated :colbert:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm not new to IRC, it's just a super old program that people won't let go of when there's better options. We should also communicate via ICQ!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Adus posted:

i'd totally be interested in this if it wasn't happening so soon after survivor and if it fit my schedule better. i will gladly watch from the vista though! can't wait to see how it translates to the forum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

I'm not new to IRC, it's just a super old program that people won't let go of when there's better options. We should also communicate via ICQ!

There are pretty decent webclients though that I use to drop in on the mafia IRC room so you don't need to use ancient DOS-based software or anything at this point.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Hal Incandenza posted:

There are pretty decent webclients though that I use to drop in on the mafia IRC room so you don't need to use ancient DOS-based software or anything at this point.

I just use pidgin for my irc needs. It's pretty decent.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have a legally owned copy of mIRC.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I have a legally owned copy of mIRC.

Me too :hfive:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure we're the only ones.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I do too.

I'll take a vista link please

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still use xchat

also whats with all the bean avatars

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
someone bought potato avatars for like 15 mafia community members for unknown reasons

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I'm going to be closing signups at 8pm tonight. I have not made any final decisions about who is in and it is not first come first serve, so if you want to play you still have time to apply.

However for everyone who is thinking about applying or already applied I will once again bring your attention to the scheduling section of the rules

quote:

This game is split into two different challenges: Main Match and Death Match. Main Matches will occur on Mondays and Thursdays, and will involve all current players. Death Matches will occur on Tuesdays and Fridays, and will usually involve only the two people up for elimination. Occassionally others may be asked to participate in the Death Match, but this will be optional and will be told in advance. Both Main Matches and Death Matches will occur between the hours of 7-10PM EST. It is very likely they will take up the entirety of this time. Do not sign up if scheduling will be an issue.

I will not be changing these times. This game will last approximately 6 weeks. Check your calendars and if you have a scheduling conflict that means you will miss days then please let me know so I can take you out of the pool. These games are all designed to work with the exact number of people there will be. Missing a match will be a huge pain and may even make the game unplayable for everyone else.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If someone no-shows, perhaps a guest player from the Vista could step in to make the game still work?

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Fast Luck posted:

If someone no-shows, perhaps a guest player from the Vista could step in to make the game still work?

Would be interesting if there was a game where the Vista members could influence the outcome of the game.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I don't know. I personally wouldn't enjoy that.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Nexal posted:

Would be interesting if there was a game where the Vista members could influence the outcome of the game.

nope.

1 episode a week would be better though if you really want high participation.

Edit: plus, then I could play if you did thurs/fri

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Also, will there be a spectator option for IRC?

A google docs vista seems like an awful way to watch this.

Edit: Seriously, this will be awful for viewers if you don't enable irc spectating.

Edit2: DOUBLE SERIOUSLY, DO THIS.

50 pounds of bread fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I would also prefer one main and death match per week but am able to double down to twice a week if necessary

• Locked thread