Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LASTCAR posted:

That is bullshit. Danica's not even the most notable polesitter when you compare Loy Allen's pole in 1994, Kyle Petty in the first 500 after King retiring - even Yates sweeping the front row well past their prime in 2007.

So, let me guess, the Top 16 has the 1976 finish, the 1979 finish, and everything else is post-2008.

http://daytonamoments.nascar.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Nemechek was entered, but it was up in the air (as of Tuesday) whether his 500 car would be ready. They're starting from scratch with the Cup/Xfinity stuff, since Jay Robinson/Satan bought all of their Toyota stuff over the off-season. As a sidenote, Nemco will be running Chevy's in all 3 divisions this year.

ARCA Practice in ~30 minutes....Do we have a new post?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Boomer The Cannon posted:

ARCA Practice in ~30 minutes....Do we have a new post?

Work has me swamped this week, it'll be up by the shootout.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I've got one ready to go if you want it, and you can just add as necessary.

E: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700507, add as necessary

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 12, 2015

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I mean I was gonna do it but okay, might as well just put it up now. Your thread title is better anyway.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Foyt and Andretti's wins didn't make it to the next round. Hendrick's 1-2-3 in 1997 wasn't even on the list. I know I'm taking this more seriously than most people should, but :negative:.

I'm always kind of amazed at the amount of "USAC" talent that came down to race Daytona during those years.

Jim Hurtubise, Dan Gurney, Johnny Rutherford, Parnelli Jones, Mario Andretti, Gary Bettenhausen, Gordon Johncock AJ Foyt, Bobby Unser, and Al Unser Sr. all raced in the Daytona 500.

All raced very well too, all things considered. The idea of that happening now-a-days is kind of strange to me.

To see Mario and AJ gets win at Daytona...in a stock car, pretty much speak volumes as to how good they were as drivers. No way we'll ever see that again, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:rip:

• Locked thread