Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I want the final four contenders to be caught up in a big wreck at homestead caused by a back marker and have the championship decided based on which one does the best logging laps way off the pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Im cheering for either a Johnson 10-race sweep or a thrilling final race showdown between Biffle and Newman

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

go3 posted:

Im cheering for either a Johnson 10-race sweep or a thrilling final race showdown between Biffle and Newman

A 9-race sweep by anyone followed by them being taken out on lap 1 in race ten.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

McMurray's going 10-for-10 this fall

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Some team wins the first race each set then just start and parks the other two, then goes on to win the title.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

Some team wins the first race each set then just start and parks the other two, then goes on to win the title.

Wait, winning a race guarantees advancement?

We shouldn't need a loving flowchart for a NASCAR points system.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Cubey posted:

Wait, winning a race guarantees advancement?

Yes.

I assume that's what :siren:WIN AND UR IN!!!!!!!!:siren: means.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Denny's team still not busted for those air guns yet

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pit road is the only remotely interesting thing about this race so far.

And now even the walls decided this race is boring as poo poo and fell over to bring out a yellow and try to make it more interesting.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 14, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Almirola noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:rip:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

drat I hate that for Aric and the 43 team :smith:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Almond Roller noooooooooo....

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Larson better win this, it's the only reason I'm even watching now that Almirola ate it

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Larson winning this is an acceptable outcome, though it sucks about amirola :/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What is this good racing and how long until it's ruined?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I just had five heart attacks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thank you, Danica Patrick, for affording us a chance at more good racing.

Somebody's sleeping on the couch.

e- Sounded like she was blaming that on Ricky, but the one replay they have indicates that might be on her.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

domestic violence

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

That fuckin restart...

Also thanks Danica-Shithouse for giving us another one.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
That fuckin restart :stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This Gordon/Larson duel would be fantastic if it were for the lead.

e- JoLo's cheater motor just grenaded.

e2- Brad trying to destroy his evidence, too.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 14, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well that got fun at the end. Annoyed that Harvick ended up fifth though.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Cubey posted:

domestic violence
If the NFL has domestic violence. Then so do we.

In public, too!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Way to park it when you could've gotten back out there to run a few more laps, Clint. You have a thing about dicking my Fantasy team. :argh:

e- That Larson crossunder move on Gordon owned bones.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 14, 2014

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Way to park it when you could've gotten back out there to run a few more laps, Clint. You have a thing about dicking my Fantasy team. :argh:

No poo poo.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Holy loving Christ, I finished 1-2-3-4 in Fantasy. Jesus H Jones.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Maffew buildings is learning about Talladega in #nascar, which is still open and became football chat.

Would anyone like to tell him about ARCADega?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I still have things to do this afternoon I can't delve into the rabbit hole that is ARCA at Talladega yet. How do people not die there every ARCA race

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

maffew buildings posted:

I still have things to do this afternoon I can't delve into the rabbit hole that is ARCA at Talladega yet. How do people not die there every ARCA race

Talladega isn't even that bad compared to Daytona prior to it being repaved. I think it was the 2009 race that had like 6 scary multi-car wrecks, including one that broke Patrick Sheltra's back.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Finally official, Ambrose's ride in V8 Supercars will be with Team Penske.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Cygni posted:

Finally official, Ambrose's ride in V8 Supercars will be with Team Penske.

I just wonder if we will see him for a few races with the Penske connection. I can see him in the road courses and maybe Daytona looking at the V8 calendar plus he could do Mosport in Trucks with Kes. But good poo poo is working out for him.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

SwampYankee posted:

Talladega isn't even that bad compared to Daytona prior to it being repaved. I think it was the 2009 race that had like 6 scary multi-car wrecks, including one that broke Patrick Sheltra's back.

Yeah, I'm grateful I started plate racing post repave. Would not have wanted to be on that old surface with those numbskulls

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...
Just home from Chicagoland as first race. Race seemed kinda boring, but I had a Hot Pass and watched most of the race from the pit. It's insane down there but I wish there was more pitting. First one was like Lap 50 because people were running out of gas. Needed more wrecks!

Also was carted around in a golf cart and got into the Gatorade winners circle and got a nice confetti blast. Not bad for my first race. I'm thinking that sitting in the grandstands is going to be a let down after that.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
Thank you, Keselowski, for saving me time. I saw who won and then just deleted the race.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

It wasn't a terrible race, multi-groove racing (albeit with aero push and such), but quite a few passes for the lead and a good fight for the last 40-50 laps or so.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Boomer The Cannon posted:

It wasn't a terrible race, multi-groove racing (albeit with aero push and such), but quite a few passes for the lead and a good fight for the last 40-50 laps or so.

Kyle Larson made those last 20 laps some of the best racing of the entire season. That kid is exciting as hell to watch.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

High_Life posted:

Just home from Chicagoland as first race. Race seemed kinda boring, but I had a Hot Pass and watched most of the race from the pit. It's insane down there but I wish there was more pitting. First one was like Lap 50 because people were running out of gas. Needed more wrecks!

Also was carted around in a golf cart and got into the Gatorade winners circle and got a nice confetti blast. Not bad for my first race. I'm thinking that sitting in the grandstands is going to be a let down after that.

Awesome, sounds like you got some great access - you'll always remember your first race. And yeah, green-flag stops aren't that interesting when the field gets all strung-out, but those caution-flag ones were probably pretty good.

So, are you just now starting to follow NASCAR?

Also, awesome TT avatar. :hfive:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Huh, Joey Gase was sponsored by my company yesterday and I never caught it on TV...also my company just sent out a newsletter saying they sponsored him, you know, after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

High_Life posted:

Nice! The racing action from the stands might have been a bit better had you been able to see that mad dash with less than 20 to go from there, but glad you had a good experience.

• Locked thread