Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The more I think about Talladega being an elimination race, the more excited I get. loving Talladega is a goddamn elimination race. It's like NASCAR realized how loving stupid this thing was and decided the best course of action was to make it stupider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It'll all be worth it when Talladega eliminates Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr., ending the season-long battle between the two most popular drivers.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Waltzing Along posted:

Rooting for none of the chase drivers to win a single race and Danica to win the next 10.

Better idea: root for Junior and Gordon to be taken out in the first round, and then watch as the ratings plummet.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm hoping for riots in the streets of some small towns if Junior doesn't win the title but would've under any previous system.

He gets knocked out in round 1 and then dominates the rest of the chase while not being in contention.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

See now you're thinking. Except you should want this, or any other number of stupid things, to actually happen. The Chase is dumb as poo poo, we should all root for it to end in the dumbest way possible. Otherwise you're NASCAR-ing wrong.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Yeah, that'll clear the way for the likable NASCAR teams, such as

JTG

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

go3 posted:

Im cheering for either a Johnson 10-race sweep or a thrilling final race showdown between Biffle and Newman

A 9-race sweep by anyone followed by them being taken out on lap 1 in race ten.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

Some team wins the first race each set then just start and parks the other two, then goes on to win the title.

Wait, winning a race guarantees advancement?

We shouldn't need a loving flowchart for a NASCAR points system.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pit road is the only remotely interesting thing about this race so far.

And now even the walls decided this race is boring as poo poo and fell over to bring out a yellow and try to make it more interesting.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 14, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Almirola noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Larson better win this, it's the only reason I'm even watching now that Almirola ate it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

domestic violence

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Less horsepower is Not A Good Thing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

I'm hoping they dont actually go through with the low power idea. Think it was pretty roundly lambasted when they tested it.

Let's be real, they aren't gonna do something as smart as removing downforce without doing something really dumb to counteract it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Good job NASCAR, you had one good idea and you even pissed that one away with something that might actually be a worse idea than the CoT was :bravo:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

anotherblownsave posted:

I don't know how he did that while spinning in circles

It's probably because he's far and away the best driver in NASCAR today and quite possibly ever.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Uncle Jam posted:

I don't think anyone here says Johnson sucks though.

There are plenty of people who subscribe to the 'he's only that good because of Knaus' mentality. Which yeah, Knaus is an excellent crew chief, but an excellent crew chief with an average or even above average driver would not pull the results Johnson has had.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

*points thumbs to self*

Johnson is loving awful. If the car isn't picture perfect he runs like 40th.

It seems you got Johnson confused with Kyle Busch. Part of Johnson's entire schtick is getting a poo poo car, running 20th for half the race and then ending up with a top 5. ~Overcoming adversity~

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hey harvick leaving childress means he won't have cars randomly break or randomly be poo poo anymore right

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If Almirola's engine held up at Chicago he'd have easily made it to the second round :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

drat son, nascar and poo poo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

boy that kyle larson sure is an amazing driver hurrr

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

SRA is gonna win a truck race championship next year.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

SRA is gonna fight crime as a truckasaurus next year and win a nobel peace prize.

e: A nobel peace championship.

does 'fighting crime' mean 'wrecking ron hornaday at every opportunity' in this context, because if so i'm all for it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The same era as that Michael Waltrip 'I'm at the wrong track!' commercials. The good ol' days :allears:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Quantrill posted:

and beyond!

Is this seriously the logo or just something you threw together in MSPaint?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

I don't know why it's such a big deal.

I just think it's fun to laugh at bad logos, that's all v:shobon:v

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

But who else is there to put in that car?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I really don't see it as a good investment on Petty's part. Unless you want a road course ringer? An Open Wheel guy should be pretty low on your list of people to hire.

Like I said, there really isn't anyone else out there to put in the car. For better or for worse, of the drivers available for a Cup ride, Hornish is probably the best driver they could give that ride to.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I always viewed Terry Labonte winning the final Southern 500 as the end of the golden age of NASCAR.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gret posted:

Wrong. He stole that 96 championship from Our Jeff.

All that proves to me is that he owns even harder :confused:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alain Post posted:

I still have trouble thinking of Gordon as old.

I don't, considering he looks like a grandpa every time he's interviewed after a wreck.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alain Post posted:

I don't know if it happened specifically with Gordon/Labonte, but reminder that for like decades, it was possible, and in fact pretty easy for the second place driver to get as many points as the winner.

And when they finally changed it so that the winner always gets more points, I think the Chase already existed so it didn't matter.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

60 new posts, oh gosh what happened n-

oh

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Terry Labonte what have you done

someone get dale earnhardt in here to rattle his cage

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

So we just argued 2003 championship arguments but from 1996. That's a new one. Talladega can't get here soon enough. But one thing for you guys to consider with this championship Dave Marcis is a champion and Harry Gant is a 3 time champ.

However Greg Biffle would also be a champion, and gently caress That poo poo Entirely

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If Earnhardt was such a good driver he'd know to turn left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

(Casey Mears is like 5th)

Officially on board for a lap-based championship system now