Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...
Just home from Chicagoland as first race. Race seemed kinda boring, but I had a Hot Pass and watched most of the race from the pit. It's insane down there but I wish there was more pitting. First one was like Lap 50 because people were running out of gas. Needed more wrecks!

Also was carted around in a golf cart and got into the Gatorade winners circle and got a nice confetti blast. Not bad for my first race. I'm thinking that sitting in the grandstands is going to be a let down after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...

LASTCAR posted:

Awesome, sounds like you got some great access - you'll always remember your first race. And yeah, green-flag stops aren't that interesting when the field gets all strung-out, but those caution-flag ones were probably pretty good.

So, are you just now starting to follow NASCAR?

Also, awesome TT avatar. :hfive:

New to the sport but I love it. Will be at Homestead. I pushed my company to see it as a valuable spend in ad dollars so got to do the whole wine and dine thing. Had passes to the kickoff party they have downtown but it was Thursday at like 10 and me and the misses worked Friday so we passed. I may or may not have been on MRN to talk about the product.

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...

LASTCAR posted:

Well hey, welcome to the party! :)

If I may ask, how'd you get into the sport? To say NASCAR's had a hard time attracting new fans would be a huge understatement. Do you have a favorite driver?

You're in for something special for the finale at Homestead. None of us have a clue how this new championship format will work out, so you'll bear witness to some rather strange NASCAR history. Feel free to drop by in #IRC for the races - we'll give you a good idea of the storylines and ridiculousness all the way down to last place.

How 'bout this, guys? Two new fans in the last month! Haven't seen that since 2004.

To be fair I just recognized the compatibly of the product line I manage and the sport. Made some calls, spent some dollars, and am trying to get my brand on a hood and next too a big 400. It's an amazing day and experience, to be sure, but I may have rose colored glasses view of the experience. I was given stickers for my car window and wound up driving near pit road before we realized we were not in the credentials area. A red official window sticker apparently gets you anywhere you want to go. Hot lap in pace car is pretty fun too. Watched the end from pit road and was in the Gatorade winners circle Getting the confetti cannon shower to wrap up the day. I am starting to peel from the sunburn btw.

It was a little overwhelming on some level because we we're told to go wherever we wanted, just don't get in the way and cars aren't stopping. Also I root for JJ cause of business type advantages.

• Locked thread