Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ken Schrader was fined $2,000 recently for this effort firesuit:

That suit is ARCA as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

maffew buildings posted:

Thank God they have Brad Daugherty to lend his expertise. Brian Frances plan is coming together perfect :smug:

Jimmie Johnson is to the Bulls as AJ Allmendinger is to Daugherty's Cavs.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Goddamn it you two need to get a room already.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

what if we make all the races doubleheaders

ISIS loves a good doubleheader.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I want the final four contenders to be caught up in a big wreck at homestead caused by a back marker and have the championship decided based on which one does the best logging laps way off the pace.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Waltzing Along posted:

Seems like NASCAR was a lot more fun before it became so commercial.

Everything in the world was a lot more fun when we were younger and dumber.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

As I mentioned to Mr. Keselowski, they also usually show the NNS race at Richmond on ESPNNews because of the College World Series or something like that even with Cup guys in the field.

New Squids, 11:45pm tonight.

Only a matter of time until Nationwide/Xfinity races are only shown online.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wally Dallenbach's leaving the TV world:

I didn't even know Trans-Am was running at Daytona.

I didn't even know Trans-Am was still a thing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

elmono311 posted:

That's perfect because the coroner found out Ward was high when he was killed.

No coincidence that Ward died of blunt trauma.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wait the Truck race is going to be at 10PM EDT tomorrow? I mean I like night racing but what the hell? That's later than the IndyCar Fontana race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

:siren: Michael Waltrip is impressed with SRA :siren:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yes boys! That's what I'm talking about!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Long Dick sharing a row.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Peanut President posted:

Kyle Larson is a serial killer?

of burgers?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Did Toyota decide to put a Lexus nose on their camry?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Will Mrs. Elliott be there?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Parmesan Basil posted:

Terry Labonte owns real hard tbh

Wrong. He stole that 96 championship from Our Jeff.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Waltzing Along posted:

Jeff 10 wins. Terry 3? Top 5s and Top 10s equal?
Terry only won because of DNFs?

Yeah, that's BS.

Pretty much what I'm afraid will also happen in F1 this season. :(

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holy poo poo SRA! Almost had it there.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Speaking of which, the new K&N/ARCA body :frogout:

I think the modular composite panels sound kinda cool.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

keevo posted:

He also showed up on the grid of the USGP wearing a Dale Earnhardt cap.

He was just supporting Ricciardo man.

kidcoelacanth posted:

That's dope as hell. I demand pictures.

edit: If anyone else is in need of an avatar, I particularly liked the Keselowski picture NASCAR.com had up today:

Brad Vettelowski?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

lol what did they do?

Did they find some chicken bones in the breaker box?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

If only there was a way where everyone loses.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Peanut President posted:

Double race weekends are endemic of the problems in IndyCar right now. Having two races on a weekend is not only an awful idea from a television standpoint, it's also a drain on the fans, having to spend 2 days at a track for 1 days worth of racing. Considering that Indycar has almost no support series, these 2 day races create way too much quiet time. Considering that you're at a racetrack, there's very little to do during Quiet Time except sit and hope they move the schedule up for no known reason. Everything about these 2 day split races is a microcosm of IndyCar's garbage management who don't actually understand car racing or why people watch it. IndyCar is run by marketing executives and middle-management people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

That's inaccurate. Take the IndyCar weekend in Detroit this year. You had Pirelli World Challenge and TUSC running before race 1 on Saturday, and you had Pirelli World Challenge and Stadium Super Trucks running before race 2 on Sunday.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Why are all racing threads so terrible?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Johanna Long on the front row for the Snowball Derby. Somebody get her a good Nationwide ride please.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cubey posted:

Released because he couldn't find sponsorship for a Nationwide ride.

You know, I don't even think I need to say anything ever again regarding Cup drivers in lower series, that pretty much sums it up all on its own. Especially regarding Gibbs.

drat. You'd think NASCAR would at the very least kick in some Drive for Diversity $$$.

e: and if Bubba can't find sponsorship what hope do other non-ride buying youngsters have?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

bigbillystyle posted:

And even without directly mentioning Kyle Busch the whole problem has a very This is All Kyle Busch's/JGR's Fault feel to it. Which I guess it isn't necessarily the driver's fault, Kyle, Harvick, Denny, Brad, etc, etc. They are racers that like to race. Team owners come to them and say hey you wanna race on Saturday too, I got a boatload of money from Joes Pizza but only if you drive the car. To a certain degree they probably feel slightly obligated to do it since the money only comes if they are in the seat and therefore the pit guys only get paid if they are in the seat but I'm sure the fun of dropping in on the minor leagues and crushing them is part of it too.

It might also be something like hey, Monster's paying us $10 million to sponsor the 54, GameSpot/Dollar General's paying us $10 million to sponsor the 20, so we're going to take no less than $10 million to sponsor Bubba's ride.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It will be a patch work of 20 different primary series sponsors over a single season.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Samsung Cup has a nice ring to it. I mean I already see a billion of their ads during every race telecast.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Possibly Chicken posted:

Bribe the Government, bring back Winston

The blu e-cig Cup.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It would be funny if Menards drops Paul Menard and sponsors Jimmie instead.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

skaboomizzy posted:

I got a tiny box in the mail today, which was weird because I did not remember ordering anything tiny through the mail recently. Upon opening it, it all came back to me:

Have yourself a merry little DogeMas, SASCAR.

Any pics of it out of the box?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

skaboomizzy posted:

Not from me, sorry. I'm keeping it boxed and on a shelf.

Good idea. It's probably a better investment than dogecoins.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Peanut President posted:

No because the tracks would've been either Daytona-clones or Cookie Cutters and the Good Old Tracks like Darlington and Martinsville would've been dropped.

edit: I think the Staten Island track was gonna be a Richmond but I loving hate Richmond and Iowa.

Iowa is an awesome track.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

Yeah, Kurt may be a crazy bastard, but holy poo poo don't stick your dick in crazy. ESPECIALLY if she claims to be a killer for hire.

I think that's kinda hot.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

I forget who it was but one of the drivers whose now divorced (Andretti? Gordon?), but he said something like 'When it feels like you can get any normal girl with your money and fame, you end up gravitating towards the ones that are completely not normal. And probably really bad for you.'

And this woman is certainly not loving normal.

Heh that definitely sounds like it was directed towards Sandy Andretti.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Jack Roush wants to check whether he's using soaked tires.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Man this is the end of an era. I started following NASCAR about the same time that Jeffy entered Cup. It just makes me feel old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah it totally reeks of :effort: but it's still a billion times better than Biffle's paint scheme. Of course that might have more to do with me hating Biffle.

• Locked thread