Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
WWE Raw results:

1. Steel Cage Match: Bray Wyatt defeated Chris Jericho. Late in the match Jericho tried to climb over the wall of the cage but was stopped by Harper and Rowan. With nowhere else to go, Jericho dove off the cage onto Bray. Jericho tweaked his knee on the fall, allowing Bray to crawl out over him through the door and touch the floor to win. After the match, Wyatt attacked Jericho’s knee with the cage door and hit a Sister Abigail in the ring.

- Dolph Ziggler “leaked” hacked photos of The Miz shaving himself and spray-tanning, because The Fappening is something WWE’s vaguely aware of.

2. Paige and AJ Lee defeated Natalya and Rosa Mendes. AJ made Rosa submit to the Black Widow. After the match, Paige and AJ took turns making out with the Divas Championship.

- Paul Heyman confronted John Cena about “embracing the hate” and abandoning his child-pleasing persona so he’ll have a chance to beat Brock Lesnar at Night Of Champions. Cena said he likes being John Cena, and challenged Brock Lesnar to a confrontation next week. If Lesnar isn’t there, he’ll go after Heyman.

3. Seth Rollins defeated Sheamus. Cesaro was on color commentary and distracted Sheamus, allowing Rollins to hit a Curb Stomp for the pin. After the match, Cesaro attacked Sheamus.

- Rusev and Lana played the Russian national anthem. Rusev vs. Mark Henry is official for Night Of Champions.

4. Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn defeated Tyler Breeze and Tyson Kidd. Yes, this was an NXT showcase match on Raw. Neville pinned Breeze with the Red Arrow.

- Jerry Springer moderated a conversation between the Bella Twins. The Bellas’ brother showed up, and the segment ended with everyone rolling around in a big cat fight. Springer was taken away on a stretcher. Not a joke.

5. Goldust and Stardust defeated Los Matadores. Stardust won the match for his team with Dark Matter. After the match, The Usos jumped Goldust and Stardust from behind and attacked them with crutches.

6. Adam Rose defeated Titus O’Neil. Rose won with the Party Foul. Rose’s bunny superkicked Heath Slater during the match, and splashed Titus O’Neil from the top rope after it.

7. Roman Reigns defeated Randy Orton. Reigns won by DQ (assumedly) when Kane and Seth Rollins attacked. Orton tried to lower the cage, but Reigns fought back, trapping Orton inside. Reigns took out Orton with a spear. Rollins dove off the top of the cage onto Reigns to finally stop him. Kane continued the attack, allowing Orton to assault Reigns with a chair. Rollins hit a Curb Stomp on Reigns to end the show.

All results shamelessly cribbed from Uproxx.

Talk about WWE here. Was the NXT match good?

Memento fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I tuned in just in time to see Rollins jump off the cage and I think I saw all I really needed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The NXT match was very good, and I'm glad I switched over from Mr. Show once I saw it was happening on twitter.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So is it going to be Orton VS Reigns or Rollins VS Reigns at the PPV?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Almost RIP for Rollins #83

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Deadpool posted:

jesus loving christ. Even the clone tanks might not have brought him back after that.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Did anyone gif that girl's Red Arrow reaction?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

This Raw made me way more excited for NXT Takeover 2: A Second Special Has Hit The Network than Night Of Champions. And that loving Cena promo actually made me less excited than I was before for Lesnar/Cena 2.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Missed the first hour but cool Raw.

I still like Roman Reigns. And Dean Ambrose. And Seth Rollins. They are all cool wrestlemen whom I enjoy watching. Also hooray NXT match!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Man, how hosed up would it have been if that had actually happened?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

So is it going to be Orton VS Reigns or Rollins VS Reigns at the PPV?

Based on tonight I would guess Rollins with Orton facing Jericho.

Heyman as Mephistopheles was pretty great. I guess Cena is in the desert now or something.

I think it's unfortunate that Jerry Springer will be remembered more for the show than his political career. There was a This American Life piece on him a few years ago that painted a really sympathetic portrait of him: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/258/leaving-the-fold?act=1

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

Man, how hosed up would it have been if that had actually happened?

near owen levels

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Did Raw suck?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Raw wasn't bad, but this might just be in comparison to last week's turrible Raw.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

nooneofconsequence posted:

Did anyone gif that girl's Red Arrow reaction?

you can see it at the end of this one

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Future Seth Rollins.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Raw flew by and had a couple high points and only one wretched segment that was at least wretched enough that I enjoyed it

bartok
May 10, 2006

They got the wrong Cincinnatian. I know Jerry Springer was born in England but he bounced a personal check paying for a "massage" while mayor of Cincinnati, dammit!

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Zyla posted:

near owen levels

Are you kidding? A dude getting brutally impaled by a giant spike attached to a cage on live tv is far, FAR more hosed up than Owen falling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'd like to think there was some kind of failsafe to prevent death by giant cage spike, but you'd also think there would be a failsafe to prevent death by 50 foot harness drop, so

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Jebus posted:

Are you kidding? A dude getting brutally impaled by a giant spike attached to a cage on live tv is far, FAR more hosed up than Owen falling.

Human life is sacred and your squeamishness is not.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The Authority is starting to get back to that "We don't get comeuppance" bullshit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Raw airs on a delay, right? So if that had gone bad they'd have cut the feed before anyone actually saw it on TV?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DeathChicken posted:

I'd like to think there was some kind of failsafe to prevent death by giant cage spike, but you'd also think there would be a failsafe to prevent death by 50 foot harness drop, so

Yes, if you're Sting.

TheJoker138 posted:

Raw airs on a delay, right? So if that had gone bad they'd have cut the feed before anyone actually saw it on TV?

Pretty much any "live" show airs on a 15-second delay now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Good if unremarkable Raw whose biggest positive was that the full 3 hours flowed really well and didn't seem to drag. The Bellas segment was awful but was the only real lowlight of the show I can recall.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

The cage clearly stopped right after things got dicey.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Human life is sacred and your squeamishness is not.

Yes, human life is sacred, but so is not seeing a dude get impaled on a spike.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

bartok posted:

They got the wrong Cincinnatian. I know Jerry Springer was born in England but he bounced a personal check paying for a "massage" while mayor of Cincinnati, dammit!

Wait, you can pay for those with checks? I've been doing it all wrong.

I've been paying in legos.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sir Jebus posted:

HHH has officially taken over the WWE, but unfortunately his Shao Kahn/Conan the Barbarian cosplay has turned darker...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

his mustache is a turd

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I want Adam Rose's gimmick to get a gritty reboot. Like just quietly slip in itchy hobo Kidman, sitting there looking glum while everyone else raves around him.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheJoker138 posted:

HHH has officially taken over the WWE, but unfortunately his Shao Kahn/Conan the Barbarian cosplay has turned darker...

And Seth stands there whispering to himself: Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

his mustache is a turd

You show some respect for Dracula.

Writer Cath posted:

I want Adam Rose's gimmick to get a gritty reboot. Like just quietly slip in itchy hobo Kidman, sitting there looking glum while everyone else raves around him.

So you want him to just go back to being Leo Kruger? Cause so do I.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Jebus posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxD6tV_IYAASbsX.jpg :nws:
This pig is making GBS threads all over it's enormous balls. It can't help but do so because of a horrible condition which made it's balls swell up painfully. This disgusts you, but that's okay. It is okay that you are revolted by the poop on the pig's balls, or even the balls themselves. It's another thing to end a human life.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 9, 2014

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Writer Cath posted:

The Authority is starting to get back to that "We don't get comeuppance" bullshit.

I trust them to job Rollins out.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxD6tV_IYAASbsX.jpg :nws:
This pig is making GBS threads all over it's enormous balls. It can't help but do so because of a horrible condition which made it's balls swell up painfully. This disgusts you, but that's okay. It is okay that you are revolted by the poop on the pig's balls, or even the balls themselves. It's another thing to end a human life.

I'm pretty sure that being impaled by a gigantic spike is a good way to end a human life.

Also, I'm revolved by the poop on the pig's balls.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 9, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
pigpooballs.jpg is the best picture on the internet that isn't vinceflex.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm only left with the question of whether you had the poop pig balls image handy for just such an occasion or if it required a quick searching for poop pig balls.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Also I fully expected the bunny to do a 450 splash. And how much hope can I have that they don't change Kenta ' s name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I am very happy that Seth Rollins did not die.

• Locked thread