Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Ghost Head posted:

Just got around to watching Raw and is it just me or is Rollins single-handedly saving every single show since Ambrose left?

He's pretty drat good at pulling off smug suit heel. I think he's better with Ambrose around, but he's certainly not floundering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Okay. Haven't watched in ages.

Am I dreaming or did I read someone say that Kenta and Steen are in NXT?

And Devitt?

Holy poo poo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MacDougall posted:

And Devitt?

Holy poo poo.

Someone's got to be there to put over Bull Dempsey as a real badass.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It'd be neat if they would do an NXT showcase on RAW once a month or something. It seems like such a cool opportunity to give some guys or girls a chance to see how they react on a bigger stage before actually calling them up. Plus, for the most part, the matches would be really, really great.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Goddamn annoyed I missed the NXT match. How did the crowd react to it? Was it dead silence or was there some reaction?

Also turns out my regular streaming site has been taken down, anywhere I can catch the match/anyone have another site handy?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Phenix Rising posted:

It'd be neat if they would do an NXT showcase on RAW once a month or something. It seems like such a cool opportunity to give some guys or girls a chance to see how they react on a bigger stage before actually calling them up. Plus, for the most part, the matches would be really, really great.
I wanted to suggest something similar for Smackdown to be the show that NXT talent have a soft (SAWFT?) debut on without the pressure of having their segments cut down for time a month or so before appearing on Raw. It'd give 'em main roster experience with the crowds, give 'em time to interact with other wrestlers to form the basis for programs plus Smackdown would benefit from some diversity other than 'Raw's replay show'.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Phenix Rising posted:

A lot of the people in NXT are not ready to be on live TV yet, which is why NXT exists. I think it would be best to do one match every few months to hype Takeover. NXT is good at having long title reigns with a nice rotation of challengers, so fans would see the same champ a few months down the line and hopefully recognize him/her as someone worth checking out. If Neville retains until the next showcase match (which is unlikely because he is ready for a call up), people would sure as poo poo remember the Red Arrow.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Goddamn annoyed I missed the NXT match. How did the crowd react to it? Was it dead silence or was there some reaction?

Also turns out my regular streaming site has been taken down, anywhere I can catch the match/anyone have another site handy?
Mostly silence but they popped for the Red Arrow

Basic Chunnel posted:

Recently he's been blamed for the rough debuts of several NXT call-ups - NXT is Triple H's baby and Dunn hates Trips.
blamed by goons, you mean

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

MacDougall posted:

And Devitt?

Holy poo poo.

None of them have debuted yet, Kenta debuts on Thursday though!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Just watched the NXT match, never seen Neville before but he has a roider physique approaching Benoit levels.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Sir Jebus posted:

None of them have debuted yet, Kenta debuts on Thursday though!

Triple H is doing a good job separating his real WWE business self and his on screen self.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Why isn't the commentary always how it was during the NXT match?
I genuinely don't understand why you wouldn't have the commentators do everything in their power to make the people in the ring sound good.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Baron La Croix posted:

I genuinely don't understand why you wouldn't have the commentators do everything in their power to make the people in the ring sound good.

Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Baron La Croix posted:

Checking the RAW thread I'm inclined to agree with whoever said Triple H temporary took over backstage with a sledgehammer to make sure his pet project looked as good as possible.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Bigass Moth posted:

Just watched the NXT match, never seen Neville before but he has a roider physique approaching Benoit levels.

Oh why he'd never! That's only years in training at the famed MID BREATH gym where'd they never stoop to that!

yeah the DG guys get that rep. He was more shredded than that when he was in Japan.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!

Baron La Croix posted:

I like to think that Triple H "accidentally" unplugged Vince's headset during that match.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

There was a smattering of "olé" chants early on which warmed my heart.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That WWE employee that Mike Sempervive talks to and posts about on The Board talked about the difference in the HHH/Vince philosophy recently and should give people hope. However, it also quashes hope about getting rid of Dunn:

quote:

sanjuro - Other than Vince, does anyone like Kevin Dunn? Is he first to go when Hunter and Stef control the company?

ANSWER: I can’t really speak for Hunter or Stephanie, and anybody that claims they can is PROBABLY full of it. So, again, this is just based on my own observations:

It shouldn’t surprise anyone when I say that when that day comes (and who knows when that’ll be exactly), it’s going to be a top-down shift in philosophy. It’ll be a new and different approach to how things are run and executed with those two in charge, and Dunn will be smart enough to realize that. He seems like the kind of guy that would likely make that move himself and not wait to be “pushed out” if that’s the phrase we’re going with.

To his credit, he does take care of his people from what I’m told, and there are those that work under him that could take up the helm.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

quote:

Jack Tunney - Where do most wwe superstars swing politically?

ANSWER: Dunno about superstars. The most important thing is that Vince and KD swing way right, to the point that there are two monitors in the elevators in Stamford – one playing the stream of the WWE Network, and the other playing Fox News. They also said right up to election day that Romney was going to win “in a landslide.” That’s the kind of culture they brew.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
Cena's promo sucked because it did absolutely nothing to logically build up the Night of Champions match. Yes, Cena never gives up (and he loves Make-a-Wish kids and war veterans, please love Cena). That was his mentality going into the Summerslam match and he got squashed like a bug. Why is he so confident he's going to win at NoC when he hasn't changed in the slightest?

Beyond that I thought Raw was mediocre, though I liked the main event and the overrun.

quote:

The most important thing is that Vince and KD swing way right, to the point that there are two monitors in the elevators in Stamford – one playing the stream of the WWE Network, and the other playing Fox News. They also said right up to election day that Romney was going to win “in a landslide.” That’s the kind of culture they brew.

I think I'd heard about the Romney thing, but the constant Fox News broadcast is...wow.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm sure he loved this desperate hail mary

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Fox News is the news equivalent of pro wrestling so maybe he makes people watch it for inspiration.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I knew a bunch of people who wanted Obama out and they were all so sure it was gonna be a landslide victory for Romney. Like all I heard about was this "silent majority" who was tired of being held down and it was gonna be 90-10 Romney and they were utterly shocked when it wasn't even a contest. Whether you wanted Obama or Romney, I don't know how some people could have been so blind or unaware of how it was actually gonna turn out.

e: I guess if you talk to the same 15 people every day for 3 months and you all have the same opinion, it just somehow seems like everyone wants Romney to win.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The two things I took from the NXT match are that Neville has that "Holy gently caress stop flipping channels and watch this flippy guy" thing going for him that I haven't seen since Mysterio, and that Tyler Breeze really needs his old theme song back.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
One more thing: It's been 10 motherfucking years and I still don't know whether I like Cena or not.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghost Head posted:

One more thing: It's been 10 motherfucking years and I still don't know whether I like Cena or not.

Well, do you respect him?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Grendels Dad posted:

Well, do you respect him?

Hes got to!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ghost Head posted:

I'm one of his biggest non-ironic fans on this subforum and even for me he has his positives and negatives that make me waffle back and forth on him.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

The two things I took from the NXT match are that Neville has that "Holy gently caress stop flipping channels and watch this flippy guy" thing going for him that I haven't seen since Mysterio, and that Tyler Breeze really needs his old theme song back.

the youtube clip of the NXT stars' entrance via the WWE App didn't include Prince Pretty and his selfie-phone, which I hope to god they keep when he comes up to the main roster.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

I'm one of his biggest non-ironic fans on this subforum and even for me he has his positives and negatives that make me waffle back and forth on him.

I was saying when it happened that Cena squishing the Wyatts three weeks ago was a good and even necessary move to establish that Cena's new found aggression, but then he didn't do nothing with it. I was hoping he'd go through some named heels like a force of nature for the next three weeks, but next week, he gives the pinfall to Reigns and this week touts the virtues and sublime blessing of being John Cena. Turns out there was no need to squish the Wyatts and it was really dumb to do, albeit the only cool thing to happen on a really bad Raw.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Why would some veteran "Hey I still got 3 shrapnels from Fallujah in my skull" want to meet the millionaire John Cena and apply the wisdom of a wrestling alter ego to real life ?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I was saying when it happened that Cena squishing the Wyatts three weeks ago was a good and even necessary move to establish that Cena's new found aggression, but then he didn't do nothing with it. I was hoping he'd go through some named heels like a force of nature for the next three weeks, but next week, he gives the pinfall to Reigns and this week touts the virtues and sublime blessing of being John Cena. Turns out there was no need to squish the Wyatts and it was really dumb to do, albeit the only cool thing to happen on a really bad Raw.
He used his newfound attitude to THREATEN A LAWSUIT.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Why would some veteran "Hey I still got 3 shrapnels from Fallujah in my skull" want to meet the millionaire John Cena and apply the wisdom of a wrestling alter ego to real life ?

Three words: Never. Give. Up.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Hammerstein posted:

He was in The Marine and salutes onstage?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I haven't been watching Raw, but by the sounds of it the main storyline writing in WWE is abysmal these days. It's really unfortunate, because I had high hopes that they would do something interesting when Brock squashed Cena. I tuned out immediately when that wasn't the case.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I love Tyler Breeze's new and old themes equally honestly

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hammerstein posted:

perhaps he is a fan of john cena

Perigryn posted:

He was in The Marine and salutes onstage?
He puts in a lot of time on those Tribute to the Troops shows. I don't think he's missed a single one.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 9, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

oatgan posted:

perhaps he is a fan of john cena

dude, don't slander a war hero

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Call Me Charlie posted:

dude, don't slander a war hero

agreed, please don't spout falsehoods about The Marine John Cena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I haven't been watching Raw, but by the sounds of it the main storyline writing in WWE is abysmal these days. It's really unfortunate, because I had high hopes that they would do something interesting when Brock squashed Cena. I tuned out immediately when that wasn't the case.

I haven't been watching either but from what I've read the Brock/Cena storyline is basically "No really, he's got a chance against Brock this time!"

NoC at the very least looks like it will have a decent enough card.

Having just checked the WWE site while writing this post, Nikki is in a triple threat against AJ/Paige? This is going to lead to adding the Divas Title to the Bella/Steph storyline isn't it :geno:

• Locked thread