Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Sit/Start Rules
  • Don't Sit Your Studs
  • Except when your Stud QBs play against Seattle
  • When posting include any unique league scoring rules, and your player's matchups for that week
  • i forgot all the rest but rule #1 is all that really matters

Advice Template

quote:

ESPN 1 PPR - pick two RBs

Adrian Peterson @Rams
Devonta Freeman vs Saints
Jamaal Charles vs Titans

I feel like Freeman might catch more passes than Peterson, and the Rams have a really good front 7. Leaning towards Freeman and Charles. Thoughts?

Zypher fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What to do this week?

2 QB league and full ppr.

Start/Sit?

Rivers vs SEA
or
Justin Hunter vs DAL
Kendall Wright vs DAL
Rashad Jennings vs ARI
or Joique Bell vs CAR
(I also have Kelce vs DEN and J Hill vs ATL)

My starting Lineup:

Dalton vs ATL
Michael Floyd vs NYG
Le'Veon Bell vs BAL
Kyle Rudolph vs NE
Adrian Peterson vs NE
Giovani Bernard vs ATL
K - Patrick Murray vs STL
StL Def vs TB

Edit: Sure thing \/\/\/\/\/ Didn't think my team was super bad :( I could have done better at QB. 10-team league.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 9, 2014

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You could start by listing their matchups?

How big is this drat league? That is a poo poo lineup :(

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Standard scoring, 8 man league.

I have the Rams Defense and uhhhh, they're hot garbage I need to replace asap right? Texans are available to pick up, but I'm feeling nervous about going for them considering Clowney is injured. How big of a role did he play in the Week 1 game? Miami DST is also available, and they just beat the patriots, so they'd be a good choice too right?

Also, for my TE, do I start
Kyle Rudolph vs Patriots
Or
Zach Ertz vs Colts

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 9, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

MacheteZombie posted:

Rivers vs SEA
or
Justin Hunter vs DAL
Kendall Wright vs DAL
Rashad Jennings vs ARI
or Joique Bell vs CAR
(I also have Kelce vs DEN and J Hill vs ATL)
Is this a QB Flex spot? Tough. I think I'd do Kendall Wright at 1 PPR here. Really you can't go wrong by benching Rivers and playing any of those four guys IMO.

FAT BATMAN posted:

Standard scoring, 8 man league.

I have the Rams Defense and uhhhh, they're hot garbage I need to replace asap right? Texans are available to pick up, but I'm feeling nervous about going for them considering Clowney is injured. How big of a role did he play in the Week 1 game? Miami DST is also available, and they just beat the patriots, so they'd be a good choice too right?

Also, for my TE, do I start
Kyle Rudolph vs Patriots
Or
Zach Ertz vs Colts

I'd go with Ertz. Rams defense isn't terrible but their offense isn't helping. Drop them and just stream defenses. Not sure about Texans. This week I'd look into Tennessee, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville maybe?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zypher posted:

Is this a QB Flex spot? Tough. I think I'd do Kendall Wright at 1 PPR here. Really you can't go wrong by benching Rivers and playing any of those four guys IMO.

I'd go with Ertz. Rams defense isn't terrible but their offense isn't helping. Drop them and just stream defenses. Not sure about Texans. This week I'd look into Tennessee, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville maybe?

Yea it's a QB flex spot. Sorry for not making that clearer.

I was thinking that myself. It's hard to bench a QB in these type of leagues so I wanted some opinions.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
I just wanted to say thanks to Zypher for the QB advice, without it, my matchup week 1 would've been in the pits completely.

I will most likely (100% guaranteed) be coming back here for week 2 advice...

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Fleaflicker 12 team 1 PPR $100 FAAB

I have Cincinnati D/ST, don't like their matchup against Atlanta at all this week.

Denver (vs. KC)
New Orleans (vs. CLE)
both on waiver wire

Have Dexter McCluster (vs. Dallas this week) on bench willing to drop.

Should I straight swap Cinci for one of those two D/STs? Drop McCluster for one of them and roster two D/STs this week?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm WR heavy this year, so pick 3 WRs for my 2 slots + a Flex.

12-team, .5PPR

Julio Jones @CIN
Percy Harvin @SD
Torrey Smith PIT
Kelvin Benjamin DET
Justin Hunter Dal
Josh Gordon (if the deal gets done) NO

I'm thinking Jones, Harvin and then probably Benjamin, unless Gordon gets reinstated in time. Hunter is a tempting option as well. Torrey scared me last week and I kinda want to take a step back until I see how that situation shakes out.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cervixalot posted:

I'm WR heavy this year, so pick 3 WRs for my 2 slots + a Flex.

12-team, .5PPR

Julio Jones @CIN
Percy Harvin @SD
Torrey Smith PIT
Kelvin Benjamin DET
Justin Hunter Dal
Josh Gordon (if the deal gets done) NO

I'm thinking Jones, Harvin and then probably Benjamin, unless Gordon gets reinstated in time. Hunter is a tempting option as well. Torrey scared me last week and I kinda want to take a step back until I see how that situation shakes out.

Jones Harvin Smith / Jones Gordon Harvin depending on Gordon deal. I still don't buy Benjamin. Sell that hype factory high.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Zypher posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Can you sell me on why I should consider Tampa Bay? I haven't paid too much attention to them this year, but I have this vague impression/superstition from last year that they're just an awful disease-ridden team that loses to almost everyone.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Yahoo standard scoring 3 WR 0 flex, pick 3 WR:

D. Bryant @ Ten
K. Allen vs. Sea
M. Floyd @ NYG
E. Decker @ GB
T. Williams @ Ten

Only one I'm really considering changing in my top 3 is putting Decker in for Allen...

Hopefully next week I can add Josh Gordon to that list :getin:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zochness posted:

Yahoo standard scoring 3 WR 0 flex, pick 3 WR:

D. Bryant @ Ten
K. Allen vs. Sea
M. Floyd @ NYG
E. Decker @ GB
T. Williams @ Ten

Only one I'm really considering changing in my top 3 is putting Decker in for Allen...

Hopefully next week I can add Josh Gordon to that list :getin:

Can't decide your third, but I would go with Floyd and Dez. Maybe Williams if you think it's going to be a high pass shootout (which it could), or Decker since, and this pains me to say as GB fan, that GB Def is still looking shaky.

Edit: Probably Decker for WR3.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

FAT BATMAN posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Can you sell me on why I should consider Tampa Bay? I haven't paid too much attention to them this year, but I have this vague impression/superstition from last year that they're just an awful disease-ridden team that loses to almost everyone.

They're playing the Rams, who play offense by subtraction

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Yahoo standard 0ppr 6patd

Am I crazy for wanting to start Jeremy Hill over Reggie Bush this week? I mean Hill was explicitly told he was gonna get more play time and he's playing ATL whereas Bush is playing Carolina

Edit: also, definitely Newton over Dalton yeah?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yes, you are mad if you start Hill over Bush

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

winvirus posted:

Yahoo standard 0ppr 6patd

Am I crazy for wanting to start Jeremy Hill over Reggie Bush this week? I mean Hill was explicitly told he was gonna get more play time and he's playing ATL whereas Bush is playing Carolina

Edit: also, definitely Newton over Dalton yeah?

No way you don't start Bush.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
If you could get any of the following D/STs, who would you pick? I currently have the Lions, who are playing the Panthers at home. I probably need to switch out my kicker as well, but am just trying to figure out if any of these are "must grabs" since I probably can get them snuck in.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
standard yahoo 1 ppr

I need some help picking receivers. Pick two.

Jordy Nelson vs NYJ (always locked in)

Julian Edelman vs MIN

Victor Cruz vs ARI

Emmanuel Sanders vs KC

Kelvin Benjamin vs DET

I would like to put in Cruz with Nelson and Sanders, but I am not confident at all of Eli.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Foehammer007 posted:

standard yahoo 1 ppr

I need some help picking receivers. Pick two.

Jordy Nelson vs NYJ (always locked in)

Julian Edelman vs MIN

Victor Cruz vs ARI

Emmanuel Sanders vs KC

Kelvin Benjamin vs DET

I would like to put in Cruz with Nelson and Sanders, but I am not confident at all of Eli.

Either Edelman/Sanders or Sanders/Kelvin. I'm taking a flier on Kelvin this week myself, however I wouldn't blame someone for waiting to see more footage.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Skull Knight posted:

If you could get any of the following D/STs, who would you pick? I currently have the Lions, who are playing the Panthers at home. I probably need to switch out my kicker as well, but am just trying to figure out if any of these are "must grabs" since I probably can get them snuck in.

I like the saints over cleveland. Otherwise stay with the Lions against Carolina.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
Two quandaries in my standard yahoo league:

A) I have Carolina DEF against Detroit. However, I'm also starting Megatron and Reggie Bush, so I'm sort of worried about robbing Peter to pay Paul there. Is it worth it to start Tampa against St Louis?

B) I have a handful of WR who aren't clearly better or worse than each other, aside from god-king Calvin Johnson. I need to fill a WR2 and Flex w/ one of the following: Vince Jackson vs STL, Maclin vs IND, Torrey Smith vs PIT, Mike Wallace vs BUF, or Greg Jennings vs NE. I'm leaning V. Jackson and Wallace. What do you guys think?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

Two quandaries in my standard yahoo league:

A) I have Carolina DEF against Detroit. However, I'm also starting Megatron and Reggie Bush, so I'm sort of worried about robbing Peter to pay Paul there. Is it worth it to start Tampa against St Louis?

B) I have a handful of WR who aren't clearly better or worse than each other, aside from god-king Calvin Johnson. I need to fill a WR2 and Flex w/ one of the following: Vince Jackson vs STL, Maclin vs IND, Torrey Smith vs PIT, Mike Wallace vs BUF, or Greg Jennings vs NE. I'm leaning V. Jackson and Wallace. What do you guys think?

TB is probably the #2 defense this week behind Seattle, so they're worth starting regardless of who you have.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
10-man league, +1 point after 8 catches, 2 WR-

Vincent Jackson v. StL or,

Mike Wallace @ Buf

Worried about McCown v. the Rams pass rush, even though Jackson is a historic monster at home.

Also, Jordon Cameron might not play and Dwayne Allen v. Phi, Martellus Bennet @ SF(lolPatrickWillis), Delanie Walker v. lolDallas are all available. I like Allen's upside if Cameron is out for more than one game, Walker might be the better one game start.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I like the saints over cleveland. Otherwise stay with the Lions against Carolina.

Thanks for the feedback.

In that case, should I be trying to sneak in a different kicker instead? I currently have Robbie Gould at the 49ers this week and I don't think any of these will be a high priority for anyone else on the waiver wire this week...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Skull Knight posted:

Thanks for the feedback.

In that case, should I be trying to sneak in a different kicker instead? I currently have Robbie Gould at the 49ers this week and I don't think any of these will be a high priority for anyone else on the waiver wire this week...

I'm trying to pick up Parkey. Philly should have a high scoring offense, and they let him try a 50+ yarder this past week (which he made).

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Skull Knight posted:

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't have a good strategy for kickers other than picking one on a team i expect to score a bunch. I like mcmanus and graham.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pick a kicker who is playing at home in a dome.

Kickers on teams that score a lot get more PATs, kickers on teams that don't score a lot get more long FG tries.

Also, you want long FG tries in leagues where you take no penalty for missing a kick, but you prefer PATs and shorter FG tries in leagues where you do, except if you can get a very reliable long FG try kicker.

Sum up everything above and then throw it all out the window because kickers are extremely random week to week.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Standard yahoo

What's your first instinct on Cam Newton v Lions and Roethlisberger @ Ravens?

I'm thinking Carolina will play Detroit a lot tougher than the Giants but Roethlisberger did me well this week and I have a lot of respect for Antonio Brown.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Timett posted:

Standard yahoo

What's your first instinct on Cam Newton v Lions and Roethlisberger @ Ravens?

I'm thinking Carolina will play Detroit a lot tougher than the Giants but Roethlisberger did me well this week and I have a lot of respect for Antonio Brown.

I'd go with Newton at home.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Pick a kicker who is playing at home in a dome.

Kickers on teams that score a lot get more PATs, kickers on teams that don't score a lot get more long FG tries.

Also, you want long FG tries in leagues where you take no penalty for missing a kick, but you prefer PATs and shorter FG tries in leagues where you do, except if you can get a very reliable long FG try kicker.

Sum up everything above and then throw it all out the window because kickers are extremely random week to week.

Got it. The league is a 1.0 PPR, and so based on everything, looks like I'll try going with Ryan Succop who's playing the Cowboys this week. Last week he made all four field goals he tried, and he's playing at home.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll just add that you shouldn't waste any sort of waiver priority on swapping kickers. If your league has a waiver period and then a free agency period each week, do the kicker swap during free agency. If you have weekly resetting waivers, make the kicker your lowest priority trade. And if your league has sticky waiver priority, just stick with your current kicker (unless he's injured).

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

I'll just add that you shouldn't waste any sort of waiver priority on swapping kickers. If your league has a waiver period and then a free agency period each week, do the kicker swap during free agency. If you have weekly resetting waivers, make the kicker your lowest priority trade. And if your league has sticky waiver priority, just stick with your current kicker (unless he's injured).

Got it, yea I should've included it in my original ask. The waiver wire order just moves you to last after you made a trade, and there have been a ton of trades already. There's never been any real advantage to holding onto the waiver wire priority for me, as most of the guys subscribe to paid fantasy football services while I just browse the general news every now and then, and beg for advice here on the forums. I was really active last season week to week on the waiver wire, making about 20+ add / drops by the end of the season and felt like I was able to pick up points almost on a weekly basis so I think it really helped, even swapping out d/sts, which actually netted me the Chiefs before they became too hot.

I don't have any qualms about swapping kickers, d/sts, etc. since almost everyone good is always taken, unless it's a super deep sleeper.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

warcrimes posted:

10-man league, +1 point after 8 catches, 2 WR-

Vincent Jackson v. StL or,

Mike Wallace @ Buf

Worried about McCown v. the Rams pass rush, even though Jackson is a historic monster at home.

Also, Jordon Cameron might not play and Dwayne Allen v. Phi, Martellus Bennet @ SF(lolPatrickWillis), Delanie Walker v. lolDallas are all available. I like Allen's upside if Cameron is out for more than one game, Walker might be the better one game start.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
12 team standard league. Pick 2 (both flex plays):

Kendall Wright (vs Dallas)
Torrey Smith (vs Pittsburgh)
Joique Bell (vs Carolina)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Cigar Aficionado posted:

12 team standard league. Pick 2 (both flex plays):

Kendall Wright (vs Dallas)
Torrey Smith (vs Pittsburgh)
Joique Bell (vs Carolina)

Wright/Smith.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
10 man 0PPR 6ptTD Passing:

QB:
Brady @Min
Big Ben @BAL

WR:
Marshall @SF
Cobb vsNYJ
Wallace @BUF
T. Williams @TEN

RB:

Charles @DEN
L. Bell @BAL
MJD vsHOU
P. Thomas @CLE

TE:
Cameron vsNO

Flex:
Patterson vsNE
all other WR/RB's not mentioned

THinking of rolling with HOU DSTvsOAK for the streaming fun. What I plan on rolling with is in bold, but if somebody is seeing a colossal mistake I'd love to hear it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Looks solid, Bong, but keep an eye on Cameron, he re-aggravated a training camp injury and is day-to-day.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

warcrimes posted:

Looks solid, Bong, but keep an eye on Cameron, he re-aggravated a training camp injury and is day-to-day.

Yeah, I think I'm going to wait til about Weds/Thurs (when stuff is FA) to look for reports on how his situation is doing.

EDIT: Plus I lost this week to Megatron and the 9'ers defense tearing it up and Charles taking a poo poo. So I'm hoping that I can muster more points if needed. Williams did have a good outing vs the 9'ers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
How does this look for this week? I'm trying not to overreact but going with Smith and Gerhart last week nearly burned me. So for now I'm happy to let them ride the bench for at least a week. Edelman vs Wallace I'm not convinced on one way or the other. Pitta outscored Cameron 2-to-1, still feel Cameron is the smart pick for now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread