Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

If Americans wanted jobs, they would take it. Blaming the average American for being too lazy or poor to take available jobs because it is beneath them is insulting to everyone. Politicians do not know how the average American feels under their progressively harmful policies.
Progressive policies have social engineered companies with so many new regulations as to hamper them. Nearly 100 million Americans are unemployed and living on welfare. There are so many different taxes and all of them adds to the cost of hiring. One tax is a fraction of the entire cost of doing business.

Illegal aliens would have to make an average income of $60000 a year to offset all the government handouts it gives out. It costs a lot more than the couple of dollars each year to support them that gets tossed around. All it does is move resources around from one place to hide the true cost of supporting the welfare of illegals. The established citizens already benefit the local economy and make use of the infrastructure in place and tend to not get so much in handouts. If illegal immigrants were a boon, why not give the same subsidies to the natives so that they can fill job openings and be insulated from bear markets? That won't happen, because it won't get Democrats more votes compared to an emerging group numbering in the millions that could tip future elections in their favor.

A proven idea that makes lots of profits and zeroes out unemployment, would be to open up all the public land to Fracking. I don't know why the government raises it nose to states that have revitalized their economies and it provides a whole lot more energy to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Energy production is through the roof in states that have it. The person reading this is a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Link,.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Source your quotes tyia

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There's a lot of wisdom in those words.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3600646&pagenumber=89#post434646494

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

you gotta give bobbin threadbare credit, because he opened up his LP thread for gun control discussion and it didn't devolve into shrieking bullshit

it still wasn't worth it to read the posts

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Tgank you.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
good post

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought it was the D&D thread. Certainly not a shortage of Liberal flag-waving in a thread where the government is turning out to be the result of Progressive policies. I forgot only Progressive viewpoints matter, what with most of the corners dedicated for lefty causes. Countering my view points with left-leaning sources is enough to prove me a liar because it was used against me.

How are Progressive policies helping the poor anyway? Two more years and the gap in income from poor and rich are accelerating thanks to people like you.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
haha republiCUNTS am I right

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
PROBATION 01/15/12 06:22pm Scalding Coffee Begging. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

look at dis guy asking for his welfare steam games

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

conceitedguy posted:

The person reading this is a human being.

oh poo poo gently caress I got epically trolled

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought it was the D&D thread. Certainly not a shortage of Liberal flag-waving in a thread where the government is turning out to be the result of Progressive policies. I forgot only Progressive viewpoints matter, what with most of the corners dedicated for lefty causes. Countering my view points with left-leaning sources is enough to prove me a liar because it was used against me.

How are Progressive policies helping the poor anyway? Two more years and the gap in income from poor and rich are accelerating thanks to people like you.

hahaha you fuckin dumb retard. i never heard of a conservative autist before hahahahaha

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
move that thread here

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Welcome.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Scalding Coffee posted:

yowza look at dis

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I wanna post in the cool deus ex thread

Dec 26, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Greetings.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Scalding Coffee posted:

it'd probably help if you sourced numbers for any of this instead of making broad claims that are totally unbacked up in a big rant.

I realize there's a double standard involved and that a person on the Something Awful forums making claims in line with left wing political ideology is much less likely to be asked to back them up with hard data than if they made claims in line with right wing ideology, but that's the price of being a minority in your peer group and you just have to live with it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

The Sharmat posted:

it'd probably help if you sourced numbers for any of this instead of making broad claims that are totally unbacked up in a big rant.

I realize there's a double standard involved and that a person on the Something Awful forums making claims in line with left wing political ideology is much less likely to be asked to back them up with hard data than if they made claims in line with right wing ideology, but that's the price of being a minority in your peer group and you just have to live with it

Dude, no, no

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

Greetings. I, too, enjoy video games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Gas

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

The Sharmat posted:

Christ.

Dec 26, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

The Sharmat posted:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
is it really that weird that a political discussion would come out of a Deus Ex thread, I mean given the themes of the game and all

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Hurf de durf, it's LF time!

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

does pokemon encourage children to believe in the false doctrine of blasphemous natural evolution?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
pokemon is lamarckian dude

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

does pokemon encourage children to believe in the false doctrine of blasphemous natural evolution?

pokemon uses microevolution which is the good kind so its ok

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Sharmat posted:

pokemon is lamarckian dude

that means it's actually soviet propaganda just FYI

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Hurf de durf, it's LF time!

And we'd done such a good job avoiding broken brained anime posters here in the Zone... SMDH

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it is time someone addresses the issue of race mixing in ff7's chocobo breeding minigame

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the black guy that shows up to race you sometimes is coded to always have a better chocobo than you

makes you think

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the new york skyline in deus ex does not have the wtc

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the new york skyline in deus ex does not have the wtc

the game says they were destroyed by a terrorist attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

the black guy that shows up to race you sometimes is coded to always have a better chocobo than you

makes you think

His chocobo has an extra tendon which allows it to run faster.

• Locked thread