Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Cryss Portman

Delft's last words had helped build her confidence and getting back in action helped even more. Now Cryss is too busy to contemplate the stakes riding on their success. Instead, she's checking that her back is really sealed watertight - again - before finally shouldering it. "Ready when you are", she says, holding out one of the scroll of water breathing, asking "Who'll be doing the honors?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
F.R.E.D.

"I don't care who does this one, but I want to be the one to fire off the pyrotechnics."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ObXEUpTpLY

The time has come. You read one of the scrolls of Water Breathing, synchronize sundials, and flip over the side of the longboat.

Bran and Hawthorn's night-eyes are enough to guide you through the sea cave, but it is slow going. In the water Hawthorn's wings become a hindrance, and there are many tight spaces where F.R.E.D. and Unit 9 can barely squeeze through.

You are two minutes in when suddenly the water around you is suffused with a strange glow. Vertigo overcomes you, and then you find yourselves elsewhere. The seawater pours off of you as you stand in a muggy, alien marsh, with large yellow frogs blinking at your sudden entrance and a cerulean sun shining overhead in the violet sky.

Before you have time to process this event, the marsh flickers and you are shunted back to the sea cave. There is a loud crack behind you, and you turn to find the passage caving in. There's no turning back now--and no time to think about what might have happened if you had tried to move, and were then brought back inside solid rock.

After another few minutes you can feel the tunnel widening, and you are able to break the surface. The chamber you are in is pitch-black. If you want to make any more detailed observations than "it seems big," you will need some light.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 8, 2014

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Bran Owain

It's a relief to surface and once again have air in his lungs. It's a strange sensation, breathing water, and if he ever does it again it will be too soon. Blinking the seawater out of his eyes, but getting no vision through the gloom, Bran reaches into his pouch and produces a sunrod, then strikes it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The sudden brilliance of Bran's sunrod is momentarily blinding.

This must be the chamber Lya mentioned. The ceiling rises up about fifty feet. The center of the cavern is dominated by a massive pillar of natural stone, which runs from floor to ceiling. A smaller pillar of white rock, approximately five feet around and seventeen feet tall, rises out of its side. Something on the white pillar glints golden in the sunrod's light, within arm's reach of the wooden platform at its base.

The Danoran miners have placed these platforms all over the walls, as well as a rope-and-pulley system for ferrying materials between both sides of the excavation. They also thoughtfully marked out the heights of these platforms and other surfaces in the cave, relative to the waterline.

You see only one obvious exit: a tunnel high up in the northern wall, occupied by a large ox-driven crane.

Bran notices something dart back up this tunnel, but it is too quick for him to identify.

pre:
                   Init.   HP      AC  Fort  Ref  Will  Status

Bran Owain    19     25      16   13   16   15    
Hawthorn      18     24      16   12   15   17    
Cha Ravah     13     24      18   13   15   16
Unit 9        12     30      18   17   12   14    
F.R.E.D.       5     31      20   15   15   15    
Cryss Portman  4     30      17   14   13   15    
Please act in order, Bran first. Remember, climbing and swimming cost double movement.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 9, 2014

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Bran Owain

Whatever it was that ducked back into the tunnel, it caught Bran's attention, and he focuses his eyes as best he can in case he can catch a glimpse of it as he slowly makes his way into the cave.

Minor: Enter Aspect of the Seeking Falcon (+2 perception, +2 speed to make 9)
Move: Swim 4 squares left (Athletics to swim: 1d20+5: 23)
Standard>Move: Flounder about (Athletics to swim: 1d20+5: 8)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hawthorn pixie Warlock|Executioner Vekeshi Mystic

Hawthorn didn't care for the swimming. It was difficult and he wasn't really designed for it, what with wings and all. So once they find some actual air again he is quick to get out of the water as soon as possible.

Standard? Flap wings in the air to quickly dry them out.
Move Fly 6 squares to lets say right to the right of the first ladder looking thing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You wouldn't have to spend an action drying out your wings. Pixie wings are hydrophobic. Fluids like water, ale, blood, etc. slide right off.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Oh well then standard to get some extra movement, get further in to see what is going on and hopefully further away from the shadowy thing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The shadow Bran saw was up in the north tunnel. Where do you want to go?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Let's say as close to that +10, I assume elevation mark, in the middle of the center landmass as I can get. Maybe I can inspect that yellow dot from there.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Two move actions for 11 squares of flight are enough to get you right up next to it.

The ageless surf has eroded this pillar, but hints of ancient pictogram carvings are still apparent here and there on its surface. It appears to have once been much taller, but was broken in two at some unguessable point in the past. The top section is nowhere in evidence.

In a small nook near the top of this splintered pillar there rests a golden medallion, about three inches across. It is inscribed with primitive depictions of birds, clouds, and a framework of dots and lines that might represent a constellation. You can feel air magic emanating from it; there is even a strange breeze blowing on this platform.

It appears that the medallion is not fixed in place, and could be freely removed.

You've still got your minor action if you wanted to do something with it. Cha's up next.

pre:

Bran Owain    19     25      16   13   16   15    
Hawthorn      18     24      16   12   15   17    
Cha Ravah     13     24      18   13   15   16
Unit 9        12     30      18   17   12   14    
F.R.E.D.       5     31      20   15   15   15    
Cryss Portman  4     30      17   14   13   15    

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 9, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Cha Ravah

Cha tries swim next to the elf, then promptly begins drowning.

Athletics: 2#1d20-1 13 3
Swim to Q17, sink one square

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Water Breathing scroll is still in effect.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Phone posting, hence brevity: double move to N16.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
F.R.E.D.

Since N16 is accounted for, F.R.E.D. walks along the bottom of the water and double moves to N17, climbing up the side.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 11, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Cryss Portman

Swim to Q18, then treading water.

Athletics (Swim): 2#1d20+5 19 8

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifzSbahsVLk

Suddenly, there is a shout up above. "You killed my men, you dirt worshippers! That is not enough? You come back for me!? Get away from that! I need it!"

A disheveled miner lurches out of the shadows and fires his pistol at Hawthorn. Hawthorn dodges the bullet, but it leaves a trail of magic that fills the air around him with cloying shadows.

Move: Walk to C-13.
Standard: Pistol Shot vs. AC (CA): 1d20+10 20 1d4+7 8
Hawthorn is Blinded until the end of the Crazed Danoran's next turn.

The wall next to the Danoran starts crumbling--and reforming into a humanoid shape. The elemental picks up one of the barrels at its feet and hurls it at F.R.E.D. and Unit 9. As it sails through the air, you notice that it has been rigged with a charge of firedust. The exploding barrel showers F.R.E.D. with burning lamp oil.

Move: Burrow to D-11.
Standard: Oil Barrel vs. Reflex (F.R.E.D., Unit 9): 2#1d20+6 17 11 1d10+4 5 Fire
F.R.E.D. has Ongoing 5 Fire (Save Ends).

Bran realizes his shadow is growing, and ducks into the water just as it tries to wrap its chilling hands around his throat.

Standard: Shadow Stalk vs. Reflex: 1d20+6 8 1d8+4 11 Necrotic

You notice the glint of two gold medallions on the Danoran's neck, similar in size to the one on the white pillar.

Bran and Hawthorn, you're up.

pre:

Bran Owain         19     25      16   13   16   15    
Hawthorn           18     16      16   12   15   17    Blinded (ENT Crazed Danoran)
Shadow Stalker     14     13      13   12   14   12    Insubstantial
Cha Ravah          13     24      18   13   15   16
Unit 9             12     30      18   17   12   14 
Earth Elemental     7     34      16   14   11   12
Crazed Danoran      6     24      13   12   14   12    Resist 5 All   
F.R.E.D.            5     26      20   15   15   15    Ongoing 5 Fire (Save Ends)
Cryss Portman       4     30      17   14   13   15    

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Bran Owain

After dodging away from the ghostly attacker, Bran re-emerges from the water with shotgun in hand, firing it at point blank range. It doesn't do much damage, but it dissipates the shadow enough for him to make a break for dry land.

Standard: The Man with Two Guns is God vs Shadow Stalker (stow/drop sunrod (preferably so it keeps emitting some light), draw shotgun): 2#1d20+9: 14 13 1d8+1: 7 Both hit, so extra 1[W] damage: 1d8: 6
Shadow Stalker takes 13 6 damage and can't take opportunity actions until end of my next turn
Move: Try to move 3 6 squares to N15 (Athletics to swim: 1d20+5: 11), then 3 to K13
Minor: Aspect of the Dancing Serpent

pre:
Bran Owain
HP(Temps):   25/25(--)    AC:      16    P.Insight:      14
Surges(Value):  7/7(6)    Fort:    13    P.Perception:   23
Initiative:        +4*    Reflex:  16    Action Point:   1
Speed:               7    Will:    15    Vision:   Low-light

At-Wills                   Encounters                Dailies
Aimed Shot                 [ ] Second Wind           [ ] Inevitable Shot
Clever Shot                [x] Man w/ 2 Guns is God  
Rapid Shot                 [ ] Disruptive Shot       
Aspect of Seeking Falcon   [ ] Biting Swarm
Aspect of Dancing Serpent

Current Status:
Aspect of the Dancing Serpent - +1 to attack and damage rolls on basic attacks against lone enemies, free action shift 1 at end of turn

Conditional Modifiers:
*Roll perception (+13) instead of initiative, allies with lower score gain +2 racial
Can roll stealth on initiative if I have concealment/cover
When rolling stealth, allies within 10 gain +2 on their next stealth check before end of my next turn

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The only safe place for Bran to put his sunrod without dimming its light is in his mouth. You may still make use of its illumination, but until you find a chance to remove it, you may only use the letters F, R, M, S, G, and H for spoken dialogue.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Sounds good to me Srms grg fr mh

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hawthorn quickly finds himself blind, but well the one who did it just admitted to needing the golden medallion and with not much else to do while blind he flies to where the pillar was, slowing down as he believes he gets close to it so he doesn't just go rocketing into it. Then he gropes around until he finds the golden medallion and rips it free.

Fly to pillar and rip off medallion, if he can do it while blind.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hawthorn is easily able to feel his way to the icon, and pull it free. Its nature becomes clear as its magic flows through his hands.

quote:

Golden Icon of Avilona
Level 2 Wondrous Item (520gp)
Properties: When you spend an action point, then once before the end of your next turn you may fly your speed as a move action.
While on Axis Island, the Icon's magic is stronger. You may jump your speed as a move action, at-will, and you gain influence over air magic--especially air elementals, which are drawn to the Icon and obey the commands of its bearer.

The source of the strange breeze around the pillar also becomes clear. Three sapphire lights fade into view next to Hawthorn: the curious eyes of a minor elemental. Its winds are gentle, and it is making no hostile moves.

quote:

Axis Air Elemental
Level 1 Lurker, Small elemental magical beast (Air)
Speed: Fly 6
Blindsight 5
Vulnerable 5 Fire

Whispers in the Air--When the elemental starts its turn with no enemies adjacent, it becomes invisible until the start of its next turn or until it resolves an attack.

Flyby Slam(Standard, At-Will, Basic)
Melee 1, +6 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6+3 damage, Slide the target 3 squares, and shift 3 squares into an adjacent space to the target.

Taking the Icon is a minor action. You still have your standard and move, and if you wish you may use them to command the elemental to take a standard or move action.

pre:

Bran Owain         19     25      16   13   16   15    Dancing Serpent
Hawthorn           18     16      16   12   15   17   Blinded (ENT Crazed Danoran)
Air Elemental      17     23      15   12   14   13    Vuln. 5 Fire, Invisible SNT/Attack
Shadow Stalker     14     7       13   12   14   12    Insubstantial
Cha Ravah          13     24      18   13   15   16
F.R.E.D.            5     26      20   15   15   15    Ongoing 5 Fire (Save Ends)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I don't suppose I can command Axis to pluck a golden icon off of Crazed Danoran?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You probably could, but it would have to get up next to him first. That'd take two move actions.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I will give it the command to do so, even if it won't be able to finish it this round.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The elemental is able to float up around the back of the crane. You can hear the miner's panic increase as his retreat is cut off.

He's got the icons on a leather thong around his neck. You'll need a hit to try and remove one.

The shadow creature turns and clutches at Cha.

Standard: Draining Touch vs. Reflex: 1d20+4 22 1d8+4 10 5 Necrotic due to Astral Resistance

Cha Ravah and Unit 9, you're up.

pre:

Hawthorn           18     16      16   12   15   17    Blinded (ENT Crazed Danoran)
Air Elemental      17     23      15   12   14   13    Vuln. 5 Fire, Invisible SNT/Attack
Shadow Stalker     14     7       13   12   14   12    Insubstantial
Cha Ravah          13     19      18   13   15   16

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 13, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Unit 9
Barging past FRED, Unit 9 throws himself up the ladder and towards the next. The barrel-throwing elemental and the crazed miner seem to be the greatest threats, so it is there that he is most needed.

Double Move: Climb the ladder and head to J16

pre:
Unit 9
HP(Temps):     30/30(--)    AC:      18    P.Insight:      12
Surges(Value):  11/11(7)    Fort:    17    P.Perception:   12
Initiative:           +0    Reflex:  12    Action Point:    1
Speed:                 5    Will:    14    Vision:     Normal

At-Wills            Encounters              Dailies
Combat Challenge    [ ] Covering Attack     [ ] Comeback Strike
Reaping Strike      [ ] Warforged Resolve
Threatening Rush    [ ] Experimental Strike
                    [ ] Second Wind

Current Status:
--

Conditional Modifiers:
+2 to saves vs ongoing damage.
Reroll a single 1 on axe damage rolls.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Cha Ravah

Cha just continues to let herself sink as she fights back! Cryss gets some holy feedback, empowering her!

Magic Weapon vs AC: 1d20+10 26 1d4+5 6

3 damage due to insubstantial. Thankfully, I use a dagger for Magic Weapon so no penalty to attack. Cryss gets +1 attack, +4 damage. So, I'm pretty much guaranteed to not be able to swim out on my own with my sad athletics - anyone want to swap places with me next round for a free attack~? Also did we do an extended rest before or am I still down the surge?

pre:

HP: 19/24		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/7 (V: 6)	Fort: 13		Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +0		Ref:  15		Resists: Necrotic 5, Radiant 5
Speed: 6		Will: 16		Action Points: 1

At Will			Encounter			Dailies
Magic Weapon		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Punishing Eye
Sacred Flame		[ ] Docker's Jank
			[ ] Memory of 1k Lifetimes
			[ ] Healing Word
			[ ] Healing Infusion
      			[ ] Spike Wire

Conditionals:

Astral Majesty: +1 to defenses against bloodied creatures
Immortal Origin: Considered an immortal being of the Astral
Battle Cleric's Lore: Targets of Healing Word also gain +2 attack until the end of my next turn

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's been a week since the Coaltongue. You've absolutely had time for an extended rest.

Seeing its master under immediate threat, the earth spirit thrusts its arm into the ground. Suddenly, a hedge of stone spikes thrusts out through the cave wall, covering the ladder in front of Unit 9. The rocks are jagged and brittle-looking, not something to trust your weight to.

Minor: Wall Extrusion. The base of the ladder in I-16 is now blocking terrain--Athletics DC 19 to climb, take 1d8+4 damage on a failure. The wall has AC 13, Fortitude 15, Reflex 11, and 20 HP.

Then it turns to deal with Hawthorn's elemental, but its earthen fists pass harmlessly through the air spirit's shifting body.

Move: Walk to B-13.
Standard: Slam vs. AC: 1d20+6 11 1d8+4 8

The frantic miner dodges away from the air elemental and shouts "My men will be avenged, Shale murderers! I spit on your precious city!" You can hear desperate curses and the clattering of spilled bullets as he struggles to reload his gun. The shadows start to clear from Hawthorn's eyes.

Move: Shift to C-12.
Standard: Reload pistol.
Hawthorn is no longer Blinded.

F.R.E.D., Cryss, Bran, and Hawthorn, you're all up. F.R.E.D. takes 5 Fire damage at the start of his turn, included below. The Air Elemental will no longer be Invisible at the start of Hawthorn's turn.

pre:

Hawthorn           18     16      16   12   15   17    
Air Elemental      17     23      15   12   14   13    Vuln. 5 Fire
Shadow Stalker     14     4       13   12   14   12    Insubstantial, Bloodied
F.R.E.D.            5     21      20   15   15   15    Ongoing 5 Fire (Save Ends)
Cryss Portman       4     30      17   14   13   15    +1 Hit/+4 DmgRolls (ENT Cha)

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 13, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
F.R.E.D.
Free action upon taking damage: Wrathful Warrior, gain CON (4)Temp HP. Since that's taken off from the 5 damage at the start of the turn, I actually have 25 hp, wahey!

I don't like that Shadow Stalker, and I want my buddies out of the water. Let's see if I can do something about that.

F.R.E.D. activates his Psycho-Thaumic Pylon!

Minor Action: Curse the Shadow Stalker.
Standard Action: Eyes of the Vestige: 1d20+6 vs Will = 14, doing 1d6+5+1d6+1 = 15/2= 7 damage, as the pylon emits Strange Energies in a violent purple beam, and the Shadow Stalker is reduced to a thin, shadowy goop in the water, which is a little gross to be honest.

"Please get out of the water, it's not good for fighting in I hear!"

Move: I think all my movement puts me at M17, right?

End of turn save: 1d20+2=14, and is no longer aflame.

pre:
F.R.E.D.
HP(Temps):   25/31(00)    AC:      20    P.Insight:      11
Surges(Value):11/11(7)    Fort:    15    P.Perception:   11
Initiative:         +0    Reflex:  15    Action Point:   1
Speed:               6    Will:    15    Vision:   Normal

Sword Burst         [ ] Warforged Resolve   [ ] Armor of Agathys
Eldritch Strike     [ ] Clarion Call              
Eyes of the Vest.   [ ] Aegis of Shielding
                    [ ] Hands of Retrib.
                    [X] Wrathful Warrior
                    [ ] Aegis Expansion
Current Status:
--

Conditional Modifiers:
-5 to attack friendlies in bursts/blasts

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 14, 2014

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Bran Owain

With no targets in sight, Bran takes the opportunity to clamber up onto the ladder hanging over his head and scramble across onto dry land. He beckons and mumbles ineffectually to his companions still in the water, before levelling his sights at the ridgeline, waiting for the crazed miner to show himself.

Move: Climb up then walk to N15
Minor: Load shotgun
Standard: Ready action - If the Danoran moves into view, use Clever Shot

Feel free to switch places Cirno, I won't be able to attack but you'll be out of the water

pre:
Bran Owain
HP(Temps):   25/25(--)    AC:      16    P.Insight:      14
Surges(Value):  7/7(6)    Fort:    13    P.Perception:   23
Initiative:        +4*    Reflex:  16    Action Point:   1
Speed:               7    Will:    15    Vision:   Low-light

At-Wills                   Encounters                Dailies
Aimed Shot                 [ ] Second Wind           [ ] Inevitable Shot
Clever Shot                [x] Man w/ 2 Guns is God  
Rapid Shot                 [ ] Disruptive Shot       
Aspect of Seeking Falcon   [ ] Biting Swarm
Aspect of Dancing Serpent

Current Status:
Aspect of the Dancing Serpent - +1 to attack and damage rolls on basic attacks against lone enemies, free action shift 1 at end of turn

Conditional Modifiers:
*Roll perception (+13) instead of initiative, allies with lower score gain +2 racial
Can roll stealth on initiative if I have concealment/cover
When rolling stealth, allies within 10 gain +2 on their next stealth check before end of my next turn

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Cryss Portman

"Good job, F.R.E.D.!", Cryss manages to shout as she's trying to keep her head above water. It's becoming apparent that she's not a good swimmer and the heavy armor isn't making it easier. She finally paddles over to the platform. Holding on to one of the posts with one hand, she raises the other. "Someone give me a hand please?"

Free action on F.R.E.D.'s grants him 3 thp

Move: Athletics: 1d20+5 7 - treading water
Standard->Move: Athletics: 1d20+5 25 - swim to O16

pre:
HP(Temps):     30/30(--)    AC:      17    P.Insight:      16
Surges(Value):    9/9(7)    Fort:    14    P.Perception:   16
Initiative:           -1    Reflex:  13    Action Point:    1
Speed:                 5    Will:    15    Vision:     Normal

Energizing Strike   [ ] Shout of Triumph    [ ] Stirring Shout
Focusing Strike     [ ] Majestic Word       [ ] Harsh Songblade
Cutting Words       [ ] Ardent Surge
                    [ ] Unfinished Business
                    [ ] Second Wind
                    [ ] Action Point

Current Status:
+1 to attack, +4 to damage until end of Cha's next turn

Conditional Modifiers:
- Once per round, when any ally within 5 squares of me reduces an enemy to 0 hit points or bloodies an enemy, I can grant 3 temporary hit points to that ally as a free action. 
- When an ally I can see spends an action point to take an extra action, that ally can shift 1 square as a free action before or after the extra action.
- I and each ally within 5 squares of you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls for opportunity attacks.
- In addition, each ally within 5 squares of me gains a +2 bonus to Diplomacy checks and Intimidate checks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Since the Shadow Stalker is gone, Cha Ravah and Unit 9 will be up after Hawthorn.

pre:

Hawthorn           18     16      16   12   15   17    
Air Elemental      17     23      15   12   14   13    Vuln. 5 Fire
F.R.E.D.            5     24(3)   20   15   15   15    
Cryss Portman       4     30      17   14   13   15    +1 Hit/+4 DmgRolls (ENT Cha)

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 14, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hawthorn finds his sight returning and goes in for a pincer maneuver on the crazy man, so that when the now visible air elemental removes one medallion he can come in from the other side and remove the other.

Fly up to Crazed Danoran and attempt to remove one of the medallions, while the Air Elemental does the same from the other side.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC? Remove Medallion 1d20+8 22
and Melee Basic Attack vs AC? Remove Medallion (Air Elemental's attempt) 1d20 4
Don't know what kind of attack modifiers the Air Elemental has, and of course if you would prefer you can roll its attack.

Just trying to get the medallions away from this guy so he loses control of the elementals.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I should have been more clear about controlling the Axis elementals: it uses your actions, like a summon. Whenever you take a move action, the elemental can also take a move action. You can use your move action just to command it if you want to stay where you are. It also gets its own opportunity attacks. Otherwise, for the elemental to take a standard, minor, or immediate action, you need to spend your actions to command it. You can't both attack on the same turn without spending an action point.

That's my fault for not explaining up-front, and also for keeping the Elemental on its own initiative. I'm sorry about all that.

The miner screams as Hawthorn stoops upon him to yank one of the icons away...

Dexterity: 1d20+4 18

...and Hawthorn manages to catch the icon as it flies off his blade. This icon pulses with http://orokos.com/roll/228106: 1d2 2 shadow magic. It is decorated with images of death and the moon in eclipse.

quote:

Golden Icon of Nem
Level 4 Wondrous Item (840 gp)
Properties: When you spend an action point, you become insubstantial until the end of your next turn, or until you make an attack.
While on Axis Island, the Icon's magic is stronger. You gain darkvision, as well as influence over shadow magic--especially creatures of shadow, which are drawn to the Icon and obey the commands of its bearer.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 14, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Unit 9
Standard: Covering Strike v Terrain: 1d20+8 28 - critical hit for 28 damage!
Move: Go 5 of 6 squares up the ladder, or up to the top if I can also run this turn.

"Pitiful." Unit 9 sweeps his axe in a massive arc, shattering the flimsy barricade, then piles up the ladder at a tireless pace.

"Surrender!" he calls to the Danoran. "You cannot prevail!"

pre:
Unit 9
HP(Temps):     30/30(--)    AC:      18    P.Insight:      12
Surges(Value):  11/11(7)    Fort:    17    P.Perception:   12
Initiative:           +0    Reflex:  12    Action Point:    1
Speed:                 5    Will:    14    Vision:     Normal

Combat Challenge    [X] Covering Attack     [ ] Comeback Strike
Reaping Strike      [ ] Warforged Resolve   [ ] Coruscating Armour
Threatening Rush    [ ] Experimental Strike
                    [ ] Second Wind

Current Status:
--

Conditional Modifiers:
Reroll a single 1 on axe damage rolls.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Cha Ravah

Calling on a minor teleportation charm learned at the docks, Cha and Bran blink and change places - giving Bran an opening to make an attack!

Bran and Cha switch places, Bran can attack using any at-will with a +2 attack bonus

pre:

HP: 19/24		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/7 (V: 6)	Fort: 13		Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +0		Ref:  15		Resists: Necrotic 5, Radiant 5
Speed: 6		Will: 16		Action Points: 1

At Will			Encounter			Dailies
Magic Weapon		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Punishing Eye
Sacred Flame		[x] Docker's Jank
			[ ] Memory of 1k Lifetimes
			[ ] Healing Word
			[ ] Healing Infusion
      			[ ] Spike Wire

Conditionals:

Astral Majesty: +1 to defenses against bloodied creatures
Immortal Origin: Considered an immortal being of the Astral
Battle Cleric's Lore: Targets of Healing Word also gain +2 attack until the end of my next turn

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The earth elemental takes another swing at Hawthorn's new friend, and this time finds purchase, grabbing it out of the air and battering it against the walls and floor. When it sees Unit 9's approach it releases the air spirit, pulls up another stony barrier in front of the android Constable, and descends into the earth beneath it, its borrowed stone body grinding down into gravel as it sinks.

Standard: Slam vs. AC: 1d20+6 17 1d8+4 10
Air Elemental cannot shift until Earth Elemental's next turn ends.
Minor: Wall Extrusion in G-14. Same deal as before: Athletics DC 19 to pass through, take 1d8+4 damage on a failure. The wall has AC 13, Fortitude 15, Reflex 11, and 20 HP.
Move: Shift 1 square downward into the rock.

In response to Unit 9's admonition, the Danoran miner shrieks "I spit on your surrender, Risuri butcher! If your banshee of a Duchess wants more meat for her wolves, you will have to earn it! VIVE LA RÉPUBLIQUE!! Now give me back those icons, you little fey vermin!" He fires again.

Move: Shift to D-13.
Standard: Pistol Shot vs. AC: 1d20+6 17 1d8+4 12
Hawthorn is Blinded again.

The air elemental responds swiftly to this threat against its master, blasting the miner with gale force winds. The icon he still wears seems to shield him from harm, but it cannot protect him from being blown away.

Opportunity: Flyby Slam: 1d20+6 15 1d6+3 4
The Crazed Danoran resists this damage, but he is Slid 3 squares. Ryuujin, let me know where you want to place him. He has a climb speed, so he won't fall if you slide him over the cliff.

Everyone is up. EVERYONE. Start with F.R.E.D. and Cryss.

pre:

Hawthorn           18      4      16   12   15   17    Bloodied, Blinded (ENT Crazed Danoran)
^Air Elemental            13      15   12   14   13    Vuln. 5 Fire, No Shifting (ENT Earth Elemental)
Unit 9             12     30      18   17   12   14   Grants CA and -5 Hit (SNT)
F.R.E.D.            5     24(3)   20   15   15   15    

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Hawthorn slips the other medallion into a concealed pocket, and then asks the air elemental to get the last medallion from the crazed Danoran.

Blind so just hanging back and using my actions to have the Air Elemental do its stuff. I assume the Air Elemental can still move, just can't shift? Probably for the best to slide Crazed Danoran to a place the Air Elemental can still reach.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC? Remove Medallion 1d20+6 15

That uh didn't do what I was hoping, was trying to replace the +8 with a 6 and somehow that instead added a 6 at the end of the damage, which I am not doing. Still can figure out the attack with out trouble.

• Locked thread