Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

NXT Takeover 2 happens LIVE on the WWE Network on Sept. 11 :911: with a pre-show at 7:30 PM ET and the show starting at 8 PM ET. Beyond the five announced matches, there is also the (presumed non-wrestling) NXT debut of Kenta, introduced by Ric Flair.

Announced Matches:

Mojo Rawley vs Bull Dempsey Backstory

Enzo Amore vs Sylvester Lefort (Hair Vs Hair Match) Backstory

The Ascension (C) vs Kalisto & Sin Cara (NXT Tag Team Championship Match) Backstory

Charlotte (C) Vs Bayley (NXT Women's Championship Match) Backstory

Adrian Neville (C) Vs Sami Zayn Vs Tyson Kidd Vs Tyler Breeze (NXT Championship Match) Backstory

Lots of good coverage besides the backstory articles on WWE.com, in particular a Cesaro card breakdown

quote:

I was the first match of the first NXT special (ArRIVAL) and competed in the first match of that show against Sami Zayn. Just like the UPS man, I delivered. More importantly, I made history during that match. This Thursday night’s NXT TakeOver is so important for the same reason. TakeOver will be a proving ground for the NXT talent to show the world that they are ready for WWE. With that said, let’s get to my analysis.

Mojo Rawley vs. Bull Dempsey
I’m picking Bull Dempsey. I've been waiting for somebody to stop the hype and Bull is just the no-nonsense guy to do that. Mojo Rawley is too busy slapping hands and running around, and it has cost him before. You’d think he’d learn from past mistakes. Mojo is a good mascot and that’s it. Don’t believe the hype and that’s no Bull.

Enzo Amore vs. Sylvester Lefort (Hair vs. Hair Match)
They both love their hair and they both care a lot about their looks. My hair went into retirement a long time ago, so I don’t really care. But those two peacocks do. There is a lot of pride involved in such a match and even maybe more so than a championship match because it has become personal. Whoever loses will be humiliated in front of the world. A loss in this type of match can change a man quite drastically and we’ll have to wait and see if the loser ever shows his face again after TakeOver.

NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension vs. Kalisto & Sin Cara
It’s about time that Konnor and Viktor face some competition. I’m sick of them touting their long reign; they’ve not even beaten a handful of worth challengers. Sin Cara and Kalisto will be a good test for the champions. Rise and shine boys, it’s going to be a long night.

NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte vs. Bayley
This is the first title defense Charlotte will have on the big stage of an NXT live special. Charlotte defeated Natalya to win the title, but this will be a new platform. As long as Charlotte doesn’t underestimate Bayley, she will remain NXT Women’s Champion.

NXT Champion Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Sami Zayn (NXT Championship Fatal 4-Way Match)
Well this match will definitely be a spectacle. I'm more a fan of the traditionalmano-a-manochampionship matches because that’s how you find out who’s the best. Because this is a Fatal 4-Way, clearly Neville is at a disadvantage because he doesn’t even have to be involved in the match to lose the title. It’s more spectacular on paper for some fans, and in a world of short attention spans, that’s what’s needed sometimes. This may surprise some people, but I’m predicting that Adrian Neville retains his championship.

Also on WWE.com is a round table panel with the Fatal 4 Way competitors discussing their main event match.

quote:

WWE.COM: Gentlemen, thank you for taking part in this roundtable discussion. Let’s get right to it. What can the WWE Universe expect to see from each of you this Thursday night? Adrian Neville, let’s start with you.

ADRIAN NEVILLE: I’m so excited for this match. NXT has a well-deserved reputation for putting on amazing matches and with the Superstars involved in this dynamic Fatal 4-Way environment, it could easily exceed anything you’ve ever seen. I will enter this match faster, stronger, mentally and physically in better condition than ever before. I promise you that.

TYLER BREEZE: Everyone witnessed a whole other side to Tyler Breeze when I became No. 1 Contender. Since I was robbed of my chance the first time, I’ve had just about enough of Sami Zayn, just about enough of Tyson Kidd and definitely enough of Adrian Neville. TakeOver is going to be my time where I claim what I deserve, and I'd hate to be anyone in my way because the “King of Cuteville” is ready to kick someone in the face.

TYSON KIDD: I will tell you all what to expect … Tyson Kidd will blow you all away.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all from me at the last NXT TakeOver, I can't wait to leave the audience with their jaws on the floor and their eyes wide open. I'm not hoping the NXT Universe approves of me this time and I have no fear of my three other opponents, regardless of how talented they are. This time, my wife isn't competing right before me and coming back crying and heartbroken before I go out there. I've never said this before, but that affected me a lot and might have even hurt me going into the last TakeOver. I still love my wife more than anything in the world. Take that into consideration and ask yourself, how would any other husband in the world perform in such a situation? Notwithstanding, I almost became champion that night. That's how good I am.

SAMI ZAYN:I've been preparing by staying focused, staying injury-free, and hitting the gym harder. I'm up to 209 pounds, up almost 10 pounds from the last two months. At TakeOver, you will likely see what you see every time the pressure is on, a show-stealing performance.

WWE.COM: Adrian Neville, do you feel you are at a disadvantage considering you don’t have to be pinned to lose your championship?

NEVILLE: You’re right, I don’t have to be pinned but I believe he who dares, wins. My confidence and momentum is my strength, and I have beaten all three of these men. Now I just have to do it again, at the same time.

BREEZE: Whoa, first of all, I would already be champion right now if it wasn’t for Nattie’s husband (Tyson Kidd) interfering in my match with Neville a few weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, Prince Pretty is still the No. 1 Contender and soon to be champion! The wanna-“Breezes” can't be ignored any longer; they want a champion who's gorgeous, and there is only one!

KIDD: Tyler Breeze blames everyone for everything when he doesn't get his way. I prove points with facts. Adrian Neville provoked me when I was simply watching the match – fact. Breeze was seconds away from being hit with the Red Arrow, which he wouldn't have kicked out of – fact. Breeze should be thanking me for saving him embarrassment and for allowing him to run away in our singles match. I easily could've ended him that night – fact.

ZAYN: I’m going to be perfectly honest here: Tyson Kidd, I feel you’ve fallen from grace but at the same time, you’ve put in better performances in NXT lately than I've ever seen from you before. Tyler Breeze shouldn’t be underestimated either. I don't think I underestimated him going into TakeOver last May and even then, he exceeded my expectations. Breeze is gimmicky and ridiculous, but he's tough and capable. A lot of people may not realize this, but Adrian Neville and I made our Japanese debuts against each other earlier in our careers, so at this stage we are no strangers to each other. With all that said, I feel like the fans have been pulling for me for some time now. I deserve to be NXT Champion because the NXT fans deserve to have their voice heard.

WWE.COM: Final thoughts before TakeOver?

NEVILLE: I want to prove to the world that I’m a champion who thrives under pressure and a champion who wins the big ones. At TakeOver, I’m more than willing to risk it all to show everybody that anything is possible.

BREEZE: I’ve been on a strict diet, working out twice a day and training in the ring five hours a day. Most important, my gear lady is preparing a new outfit for me that will match the NXT Championship when it gets strapped around my waist. At NXT TakeOver, the fans can expect to see three disappointed uggos and one gorgeous NXT Champion.

KIDD: I am the complete, all-around package. There's not a thing in or out of that ring I can't do with ease. As champion, I'll elevate the NXT Title to new levels it hasn't seen yet. Did I mention I'm a reality TV star? I'll make the NXT Championship mainstream on “Total Divas” and remind everyone of my greatness. I'm also the only Superstar this year to pin Adrian Neville – fact.

ZAYN: My advantage in this match is momentum. I feel I have more momentum going into this match than I ever have before. I will give every ounce of passion and fight I have in me and I'm confident you will see a new champion, too. Thursday night is going to be special, I promise you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm more pumped for this show than I have been for any PPV since Payback (which I went to live).

Prince Pretty will get some nice gold for his ensemble tomorrow.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i'm gonna celebrate the terrorists not winning by watching this good show tomorrow

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I too want the belt on someone who'll make it pretty.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I hope Kenta comes in and kicks both Mojo and Bull seconds into their match.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

zayn should win the nxt title and drop it to KENTA in his first defense the next night at tapings

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Jesus gently caress, that first match. I guess at least they're only tainting one match together rather than two separately.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

pressedbunny posted:

Jesus gently caress, that first match. I guess at least they're only tainting one match together rather than two separately.

As much as it will suck, at least it is a match with a build unlike PPV opener #3 that you'll get from the main roster.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Really excited for this show.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bull Dempsy looks like a fat dude I know but uglier and with worse cardio.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Bay-ley's gon-na huuuuuug you.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Cheering Bull, Enzo, Kallisto/Sin Cara, Bayley, and Breeze.

I just want the NXT title to be... gorgeous.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

NXT is the best wrestling in the past five years.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

At NXT TakeOver, the fans can expect to see three disappointed uggos and one gorgeous NXT Champion.

That's not nice, Tyler. Sami's a pretty handsome guy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I hope there is an inverted hurricana spot in the main event, we all know Sami and Adrian can do it!

Will be gladly watching this over the bad TNF game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mukaikubo posted:

Bay-ley's gon-na huuuuuug you.

I want Bayley to win so bad

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Roman Reigns posted:

That's not nice, Tyler. Sami's a pretty handsome guy.

He should be forced to wear a mask.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Guys I'm going to this tonight and I'm so pumped, the last show I've been to was a Smackdown like twelve years ago. Anything I wouldn't think of that I should know?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Sir Plus posted:

Guys I'm going to this tonight and I'm so pumped, the last show I've been to was a Smackdown like twelve years ago. Anything I wouldn't think of that I should know?

Bring an equally weighted bag of sand or you'll get crushed by the giant boulder trap.

Seriously, what is there to know? It's a wrestling show, go watch the wrestles.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sir Plus posted:

All you need to know is that if you're not chanting "Bayley's gonna hug you" i'll be very disappointed in you.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Sir Jebus posted:

Bring an equally weighted bag of sand or you'll get crushed by the giant boulder trap.

Seriously, what is there to know? It's a wrestling show, go watch the wrestles.

I just meant like, I remember from the first Takeover where they had the post-show with the outdoor stage, I didn't know if that was like a separate thing or if I could just run out there and get all in Trip's face.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

All you need to know is that if you're not chanting "Bayley's gonna hug you" i'll be very disappointed in you.

I'd be disappointed in myself.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Sir Plus posted:

I just meant like, I remember from the first Takeover where they had the post-show with the outdoor stage, I didn't know if that was like a separate thing or if I could just run out there and get all in Trip's face.

I'm pretty sure you can't, but you should anyway.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you pin the champ you become the champion so rush the ring during the main event and see if you can sneak a quick pin on Neville

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I was hoping that in the run up to show that WWE would at least hint at the NXT roster reveal for WWE 2k15 would take place on the show. Makes me wonder if it is actually going to happen now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

oatgan posted:

If you pin the champ you become the champion so rush the ring during the main event and see if you can sneak a quick pin on Neville

It's a fatal 4 way; he doesn't even have to pin the champ!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Via PWInsider

quote:

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair will not be appearing on tonight's WWE NXT Takeover: Fatal Four Way special on the WWE Network,"

Ric being Ric

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Partying with Michael Sam

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Not sure if I'll be able to watch this live since I may be at a friend's house for the Steelers' game, but the other two NXT specials were very good and I'm curious to see what KENTA does.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ric Flair is a bad employee and father

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
Who really cares about seeing Ric Flair at this point anyway? All he would do is mumble some stuff that doesn't make sense, yell "Whooo!", and sweat a lot.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I wasn't too happy about Ric introducing Kenta like it was reported anyways, so this is a good thing. He would have been drunk and botched the segment like he did before Payback.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

AlbertRayon posted:

Who really cares about seeing Ric Flair at this point anyway? All he would do is mumble some stuff that doesn't make sense, yell "Whooo!", and sweat a lot.

Good enough for me, WOOOOOOOO!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ric didn't need to be there anyway. They've already done the Ric-Charlotte thing and KENTA doesn't need to be saddled with Ric Flair going into business for himself so this is a blessing in disguise.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
KENTA strikes me as a cat who will let his work do the talking for him. If WWE insists on having somebody talk for him, that's what Paul Heyman is for, although that didn't work out so well for Cesaro.

Man, this company really needs to consider branching out and hiring another manager or two.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

KENTA strikes me as a cat who will let his work do the talking for him.

that's a good way to fall down the totem pole very quickly

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am still kinda new to this board so I don't want to possible break spoiler rules or on a poster to poster basis ruin something for someone. Anyway PWInsider is working to confirm whether Steen or Devitt will debut tonight. They are confident one is.

Edit: This is incorrect and my mistake

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 11, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wonder if they'll let KENTA keep the GTS? Punk's obviously not on good terms with the company right now, but on the other hand they may not want to encourage the chants.

rovert posted:

I am still kinda new to this board so I don't want to possible break spoiler rules or on a poster to poster basis ruin something for someone. Anyway PWInsider is working to confirm whether Steen or Devitt will debut tonight. They are confident one is.

loving awesome

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

This will never happen but my dream is Drake refs the main and helps Sami win and Drake, Sami, Steen, KENTA and Devitt start a heel faction.

Also, whether or not they let KENTA use the GTS, he shouldn't. That's a good way to die a quick death.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Steen's at least teased on Twitter he's gonna be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

njsykora posted:

Steen's at least teased on Twitter he's gonna be there.

All the NXT talent will be there. It is pretty much required and frankly most would want to so they can root their friends on.

Devitt is far more likely. His style out of the box is closer to WWE's then Steens and if Kenta is shilling the WWE Network launch in Japan makes sense to have Devitt debut to shill the WWE Network launch in the UK & Ireland. All aforementioned regions launch October 1st.

• Locked thread