Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Years ago we used to have a thread in Games where goons could request the plot for games to be spoiled due to being tired of the gameplay or unable to play the previous game in the series and wanted to know what happened. Yeah you could easily just look up a Wikipedia page for the game, but they can be very vague or avoid listing spoilers. Also it fun to discuss lovely game plot twists with goons, but at the same time please use the spoiler tag.

Anyway can someone spoil the plot of Bravely Default and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Bravely Default is pretty simple.

Your fairy friend wants you to wake up an evil god. The crystal thing you need to do works towards that, though I admit I can't remember the exact way. The protagonists are idiots and will not figure this out until hours after you have, despite having evidence to suspect it in-character.

It was really dumb.

How far did you get? I could be more specific then.

So how did Mindjack end?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I've never played World of Warcraft, how does it end?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Some dragon farted lava.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dangan Ronpa 2.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

You kill everything that is taller than 6'.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Dangan Ronpa 2.

junkos

if it weren't for the official translation beefster would have had an aneurysm.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Rirse posted:

Anyway can someone spoil the plot of [...] Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for me?

You know what. I had a whole thing written up about this but I went to go fact check myself on the wiki and there were a lot of things I missed and didn't want to edit in. This game's endgame plot is such a clusterfuck that I challenge anyone else to explain it clearly, but in the meantime here you go

http://zeroescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sigma_Klim

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Darksiders 2, please. I only got about halfway through.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

DO IT TO IT posted:

Darksiders 2, please. I only got about halfway through.

Death eventually gets into the tree of life, gets accosted by one of the nephelim whose soul Death trapped in that gem embedded on his chest. He beats him, and sacrifices all the souls in the gem as well as his own to the Tree of Life to revive humanity, but since the Four Horsemen can't die he'll eventually come back along with the rest of them, and kinda weaves itself into the ending of Darksiders 1. The game then sets up a sequel that never happens.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

You quit paying. You have been redeemed; the corruption has lifted.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Anyone spoil the lengthy plot of "dawn of discovery"?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Can someone spoil Dead Rising 2? I actually really like the game, but I never could be assed to actually do the plot instead of just loving about forever/in sandbox mode. Vaguely curious what happens to Motorcycle Dad and such.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Last time this came around I asked some poor fucker to do Xenogears, and he did a remarkable job, but Jesus Christ

YourHealthyColon
Nov 21, 2013
Saints Row 4, game was boring even with co op, and then it kept crashing when we were trying to build the giant key thing so yeah. How does it end

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

YourHealthyColon posted:

Saints Row 4, game was boring even with co op, and then it kept crashing when we were trying to build the giant key thing so yeah. How does it end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9j46EBrjk
Also, the narrator was Jane Austen.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Anatharon posted:

So how did Mindjack end?

The super sleazy sounding rear end in a top hat friend on the phone turns out to, in fact, be the villain. The mysterious waif you meet is a good guy, of course, and you end up fighting the inventor of Mindjacking in robot form or something.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Infinity Gaia posted:

Can someone spoil Dead Rising 2? I actually really like the game, but I never could be assed to actually do the plot instead of just loving about forever/in sandbox mode. Vaguely curious what happens to Motorcycle Dad and such.

I'll keep it simple because the games do too.

DR2 ending Chuck defeats TK and Katey is evacuated along with Stacey, but Chuck is unable to leave. He is called a hero. If you buy Case West this expands a bit: Frank saves Chuck and they find evidence that the company that makes the zombie antidote made a permanent one and also staged the entire Fortune City outbreak. Also Isabella from the first game shows up. Both men survive though Chuck's status as a terrorist remains in play. DR3 spoilers: Chuck decides to become a mob boss to provide the zombie antidote for Katey. They don't have the best relationship.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004
Does Prototype go anywhere with its story beyond being about some angry guy killing everything in sight?

The last time I played it I was doing a bunch of side content to get new abilities, only for the next mission to take all of it away after beating up some mercenary boss. Then the game crashed on the way to the next mission and I never played it again.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Anyone spoil the lengthy plot of "dawn of discovery"?

You and your dudes roll out to colonize poo poo or w/e. Turns out the evil looking Bishop turd who sent you to get stuff for the cathedral is being a oval office and that the Arabs arent so bad. You become their buddies, and have to get the Not-Joan-Of-Arc chick to chill the gently caress out and join you. Eventually the Bishop oval office realized you're on to his shenanigans (he's a real dick) and you fight 'em and get your poo poo pushed in at first. Not-Joan gets wounded, and keeps talking with a fake-French accent but eventually you gently caress the Bishop up and all is well.

The campaign is really a tutorial, since the heart of the game is the sandbox setting.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Malachite posted:

Does Prototype go anywhere with its story beyond being about some angry guy killing everything in sight?

The last time I played it I was doing a bunch of side content to get new abilities, only for the next mission to take all of it away after beating up some mercenary boss. Then the game crashed on the way to the next mission and I never played it again.

The real Alex Mercer actually died and you're just the virus impersonating him. You're also considerably nicer than the human version since he intentionally set off the plague. Then... uhh I think the Blackwatch leader gets virus powered and tries to nuke New York to cover it up. You fly the nuke off and get blown up. game ends with you reconstituting yourself when a crow tries to eat a scrap of you floating in the water.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm sure this is gonna get me totally crucified, but how about Xenoblade? I only ever got as far as getting that little furball companion (Rikki?) if that helps contextualize what I know.

The game peaked around the time of the cockney robot and I just got more bored from there :(

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I slogged a long way through Star Ocean 4 but after getting put on several sex offender's registries because of Lymle, I stopped playing (also it got boring as poo poo). Who is the big bad, what happens, etc?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Also curious what xenoblade was about, only got like 3 hours in.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
Please spoil Chrono Cross for me. I've tried to play through that game so many times and always stop after the battle with Lynx at the castle

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anatharon posted:

junkos

if it weren't for the official translation beefster would have had an aneurysm.

I want a better answer than this please.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

I'm sure this is gonna get me totally crucified, but how about Xenoblade? I only ever got as far as getting that little furball companion (Rikki?) if that helps contextualize what I know.

The game peaked around the time of the cockney robot and I just got more bored from there :(

Two humans and a computer did some :science: on a planet and reset it. They became gods while the computer program became a sentient person (Alvis). One was the god of Bionis while the other was the god of Mechonis. Bionis god is a giant dick and resets everything ever couple centuries because he gets bored. Dickson is one of his buddies and goes along with it because hey eternal life.

Mechons aren't actually evil. There's only one guy controlling all the robots while the other Mechons just kinda chill because they got no beef with the Bionis. The big bad is just getting revenge for Bionis attacking Mechonis way way back in the day.

You guys go up and kick god in the dick repeatedly until he's dead. Universe gets reset one last time. Humans, furballs, and Mechons all live together in peace. Bionis and Mechonis get split into a bunch of continents and islands. The end.

There is so so much I glossed over just while just trying to hit the major points. The wiki has a big rear end write up about the plot that goes into depth more. Start at chapter 7 and go from there.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

DARPA Dad posted:

Please spoil Chrono Cross for me. I've tried to play through that game so many times and always stop after the battle with Lynx at the castle

I beat Chrono Cross, and I still don't know what happened.

I'd ask somebody to spoil the Last of Us, but that game was so boring that I'll just be disappointed with anything but "they all died."

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Walking Dead Season 2. I got fed up with the game by episode 4. After I rescued Sarah from the trailer.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
EYE: Divine Cybermancy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

I beat Chrono Cross, and I still don't know what happened.

I'd ask somebody to spoil the Last of Us, but that game was so boring that I'll just be disappointed with anything but "they all died."
everyone but joel and ellie died

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Rirse posted:

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

It's extremely convoluted, including at the very least:
-Interdimensional time travel
-Telepathy between past lives
-A woman who may or may not be a revived ancient Egyptian queen, but is never properly explored
-A clone-based terrorist organization bent on wiping out the human race (also not very fleshed out)
-Aforementioned terrorist organization using anti-matter bombs to blow up a secret moon base
-Numerous secret moon bases and a world ravaged by disease and war
-Returning characters never really learning their lesson
-One Cockney android

Basically the game is a training program to develop you and Phi's morphogenic timeline-jumping powers. After successfully completing your training, your consciousnesses will be sent back in time to past versions of you two, so you can prevent the apocalyptic spread of a virus from a Mars mission simulation base.

Sigma and June from the last game are the architects of the entire thing.
The old man is Junpei, Quark is just a plot device as far as I can remember.
Dio is the clone terrorist. He planted the bombs.
Alice is Clover's boss and maybe/maybe not the Queen mentioned in the last game. She's also an expert at some kind of irritating decoding minigame you play at some point. Clover is dressed like a barbarian lol.
The big guy in the armor is another version of you, for about 99% of the game. For the last 1% it's June, and the alter-you is in a cryopod.
The soft-spoken woman is an android in your and June's employ. She's there to make sure everything goes according to plan, but is not allowed to reveal any secrets.

I think that covers everyone. Like I said: convoluted.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mabels big day posted:

Dangan Ronpa 2.

Everyone is in The Matrix, Junko is an AI.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

everyone but joel and ellie died

There might been a flamethrower involved with everyone who died.

But yeah a lot of poo poo happens, with Joel getting wounded while searching for the Fireflies, and Ellie running into a bunch of cannibals while searching for medicine to save him. She kills Evil Nolan North just as Joel recovers and reaches her. They then arrive at the Firefly, but they are jerks who need to kill her to make a cure. But since they are awful people, Joel runs around their HQ with a flamethrower, roasting them all and their leader and then lies to Ellie about what happens. And that how the game ends.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Sam. posted:

Your character is stuck in an endlessly repeating purgatory where the final events of his life are played out from his pupils perspective There is more to it than that but you asking for it to be spoiled was obviously a joke.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rirse posted:

But since they are awful people,

I think you might've missed the point of the ending dude.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Sam. posted:

You gain brouzouf.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Walking Dead Season 2. I got fed up with the game by episode 4. After I rescued Sarah from the trailer.

Sarah gets eaten anyway, sorry. Rebecca has her baby and Jane leaves. Kenny fights with everyone, becomes extremely attached to the baby. Rebecca dies while on the march. Arvo (the Russian kid) and his group get the drop on you and a firefight breaks out. All the Russians die except Arvo, who is distraught. Kenny continues fighting with literally everyone and starts abusing Arvo, who eventually leads you to a house on a lake. Bonnie and Luke fall through the ice and die. Kenny is now almost entirely unhinged and beats the poo poo out of Arvo; the group is basically fractured at this point. Kenny finds and repairs a truck and starts perseverating about Wellington and the baby, like it's his only reason to live. In the dead of night, Mike (the personality-free guy who has repeated ad nauseum "man this is hosed up, I gotta leave") and Arvo try to steal the truck and the remaining supplies. Clementine catches them and Arvo shoots her in the shoulder, knocking her unconscious.

You wake up the next morning in the backseat of the truck with Jane and Kenny up front. Mike and Arvo are assumed dead. Things nearly come to violence between Kenny and Jane: Kenny wants to make a break for Wellington because it's his (and probably our) last hope. Jane wants to head back to the big box store because she knows there is formula there for the baby, who is practically starving, and who knows what supplies? You hit a roadblock and become separated from the three of them in a blizzard for a time before finding a rest stop. Jane arrives first, excited, telling you "no matter what happens, stay out of it, ok? I'm going to show you what kind of person Kenny is now." Kenny arrives demanding to know where the baby is, and Jane tells him she lost it in an accident. Violence finally erupts and you have to choose between killing Kenny or letting him kill Jane.

If you choose Kenny: in his final moments he tells you he's ready to die, been ready for a long time, and that he's so proud of you. I think "I'm comin', Lee" are his last words but I don't remember, it was pretty heavy. Jane reveals her ploy: the baby was safely stashed in a car and was never in danger. She thought it was absolutely necessary to show you how dangerous and unbased Kenny had become. She apologizes for lying to you, and for how it ended with Kenny. You can tell her to gently caress off, but I haven't done that ending yet, so I'm skipping it. You can also forgive her, understanding her pragmatism and the depths of Kenny's despair, which ends with you two at the box store. While you're in surveying the place, a family approaches and begs you to let them in, as they're starving and thirsty and desperate for shelter. You can let them in or not. If you do, Jane looks nervous and silently nods toward the man's back. He has a gun. End scene.

If you choose Jane: I actually haven't done this one all the way through either. I assume Jane dies. You, the baby and Kenny end up at Wellington and it's everything you three could have hoped. It's a walled-off, organized community with supplies and electricity. Unfortunately it is also at capacity. Kenny manages to tearfully convince them to take you and the baby, and you must choose whether to fulfill his wishes of being safe and secure, or to remain at his side. Either choice ends the game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

paco650 posted:

Walking Dead Season 2 Spoilers

World of Warcraft has a much better ending!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone tell me how Septerra Core ends?

• Locked thread