Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Hi everyone. It's me, that guy you all know the real first name of for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

winvirus posted:

What game did you design, Jeremy

I've worked on a bunch of stuff, but most recently mobile games. A few years ago I was the lead designer on this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVoygcU1rk

And then this year I just released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpngby33LQ8

Before that I did a bunch of stuff for SOE's Free Realms and Star Wars: Clone Wars MMOs.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

winvirus posted:

Neat! What mobile, iOS?

For the Dude Perfect game, only iOS. The Android Port was done by someone else. For Spelltorn both iOS and Android.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

winvirus posted:

Also that's pretty neat, iOS is a pain to work in though. Objective C is a stupid language, and I hate it. ~just my opinion~

For Dude Perfect, we used Unity before it really became the behemoth it is now . It made iOS easier but we still ran into a lot of issues. For Spelltorn I am lucky to be working with a company that has their own engine. They can build to both iOS and Android simultaneously, it's pretty rad.

FewtureMD posted:

Oh wow, Spelltorn looks rad. Installed!

Thanks! It just came out a few weeks ago so there are some bugs that we're working on. I hope you enjoy it.

Also, I think there is no other choice... Whenever I begin to do something that could turn out awesome this would need to kick in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA&t=13s

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Little Mac posted:

Spelltorn looks super cool. Gonna try it.

i hope you enjoy it too!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
My biggest fear is that at some point time zones will change on me. In Arizona they decided that Daylight Savings Time doesn't make sense so they just don't have it. That means half the year I am three hours behind EST and the other half I am only two behind EST. I know it changes in the fall but I don't know when so I'll need to make sure I don't mess it up.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
We're not allowed to go into the irc chat right now, so I have a small request. Would it be possible you could lift the "once you leave you cannot re-enter for three minutes" rule for the first five minutes tonight? I just want to practice going in and out of the rooms without fear of penalty.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
So it turns out there is a 2014 album by Idiotape on Spotify. I am gonna listen to it throughout the duration tonight, since I didn't even know it existed. (Idiotape are a band that they used a LOT of music for on the Genius Game, including the main theme)

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
My answer was something like "I think everyone wishes they were like Jinho but I'm probably more like the poker player who got eliminated pretty early"

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Also, this album is pretty good so far guys. I can see it being used in the new season of The Genius Game.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Meinberg, I saw that you were a freelance Game Designer but I haven't asked yet... what have you worked on?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Three minutes guys... I'm blasting Idiotape and drinking energy drinks with the biggest smile on my face.

Good luck to everyone here.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Also, Little Mac, no ninja edits... I saw that.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think they meant Ninja Edits were ok just to fix things, not change the entire content of a post.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
OMG you guys the most ridiculous thing just happened. I didn't realize Spotify was on random when I went to the Idiotape page and the theme song for Genius Game just started playing. This is not a lie. It's a sign.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
According to the song the game should start right NOW!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Aww.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I call 2.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
http://www.online-stopwatch.com/countdown/

I recommend you guys use this for the three minutes if you think you need it. I'm gonna hit it every time I leave a room.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Can eliminated players still talk in the main room and speculate on outcomes or anything? Or are we completely out and should cease all communication?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I feel like choosing where to go to and who to team up with in advance is not the way to play this game. If the lion and the hyena make an alliance pre-game, for example, there will be issues.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Winvirus, that was an interesting play you made.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I'm a big fan of green.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Well I know of one player that will win for sure.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
If it is impossible for anyone to die this round does the game just end?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Spoilers

You might want to edit that before the game is over....

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Meinberg and Fewture I would like to remind you that I wanted to help you win but on your own requests I did not. I'm glad you won on your own. Please keep that in mind when choosing an elimination candidate.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh man, winvirus was the rat? That was a really fortunate turn of events for me then.

Yes. Him attacking you meant you knew you could eat him and that I would not be able to later. I think he was just doing it as a joke but it backfired horribly.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Oh, not as a joke... to test if you were the snake.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Fair enough.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
It was more like "I am 95% certain I am going to lose. Is there anyone I can help on my way down?"

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
That said, Meinberg had me convinced he was the snake. If I had tried to help him I would have screwed his game up so I'm glad I listened to him.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Asiina posted:

No, you can only chat in the IRC rooms during the game. I'll have a buffer where I leave the thread open for chat before and after each game. You can never chat via PM. If you want to make an alliance or something you have to do it during the game somehow.

Also know as the "No Dohee Jiwon Situation" rule.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Asiina posted:

gently caress Jiwon.

Finally something everyone can agree on!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Little Mac posted:

One of the prey was actually aligned with a predator so it's a wonder we all lived.

If you're talking about Meinberg, he actually wasn't aligned with me. He convinced me he was the snake so right before the end of the round when I realized my chances of winning were very low I told him I'd bite him on purpose to increase his chances of winning if he'd help me not be nominated. He told me not to help, so I didn't with the intention of doing him a favor by respecting his wishes (for the same reason)

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I came into the winner's room not with the intention of barging in, but rather with the intention of talking to people before they had to choose. I believe that on the real show there is time to convince people before they make their decision (with garnets or otherwise) but I might be misremembering.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Little Mac posted:

We didn't pick you anyway, though, haha. Nexal did!

I was just trying to explain my actions. I did not think they would be perceived as rude but I apologize that it looked like I was breaking the rules.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks, everyone! I'm not going to state which types of games I am bad at, because invariably that will be the type of game we play.

Good luck Nexal! See you all tomorrow!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I'm back with one more question. Episode recaps including testimonials will not be posted until the main game and elimination game are both finished, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
The lion should immediately eat the other predators, otherwise all of the prey is gone immediately. The trick is figuring out who the snake was.

The Hyena just wants to eat everything as fast as possible so that the Lion starves.

• Locked thread