Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
RESULTS AFTER ROUND 3

Roland Jones: $245
Kitiara: $200
winvirus: $190
Fast Luck: $190
John Cena: $190
Hal: $190
mr.capps: $120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ROUND 4: WINNING BIDDER IS JOHN CENA

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ROUND 5: WINNING BIDDER IS CAPPS

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ROUND 6: WINNING BIDDER IS ROLAND

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Final Results

Roland Jones: $400
Fast Luck: $340
Hal: $340
winvirus: $340
John Cena: $335
Kitiara: $297
mr.capps: $280

Roland, you are the sole winner. You win 10 garnets and 2 tokens of life.

Capps, you are the sole loser and are a candidate for the death match. Before you choose your opponent, Roland who would you like to give the extra token of life to?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Current Garnet count:

Roland Jones: 22
Kitiara: 9
winvirus: 4
Fast Luck: 4
John Cena: 3
Hal Incandenza: 3
mr. capps: 2

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Asiina, question, will garnets ever be a factor in deathmatches?

Funny you should ask!

Garnets are going to be a factor in the death match tomorrow night. I will allow 30 minutes now and the 30 minutes when the thread opens tomorrow to allow exchanging of garnets if anyone wants to help out winvirus or capps.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll announce the game a little bit early tomorrow if that influences people's decisions to give garnets or not.

Having more garnets will give you an advantage though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

its just worth knowing if its like fast luck said, because then people will know like the exchange rate on garnets and stuff

You'll find out tomorrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I want to mention that if you haven't been watching the promo material for S3 Genius: The first game they have is something about selling fruit. This game was one of the first ones we came up with months and months ago and we beat them to airing it by 2 days!

A little bit of trivia. :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

The game is battleship.
The garnets buy one space subs.

That's for the finale when people have like 40-50 garnets each.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kitiara posted:

No, I understand. I'm sorry I didn't return. I wasn't trying to betray you, I just got distracted with my newborn. I wish we had a practice round, by the time I understood the game I was quite behind. Being busy with rl stuff to ask questions didn't help though.

Yeah, as a response to this, feel free to ask as many questions as you want during question time after I post the rules. I know they can be long and sometimes confusing. I won't open the IRC rooms up until the questions stop, so you won't miss out on strategy time. I just assume when nobody asks anything that everyone is ready to go.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

This was the one game I was really in on the design process for. I feel like Fruit game was partially my baby. You did good, fruit game.

Yes, this game was pretty broken back when I was making the games myself. Then I brought in Hurt and Rarity to help fix up some of the games and Hurt solved a lot of the problems with this one. I really wanted a game where people had to balance making the most money and setting low prices so they could beat out their competition, but the mechanics of how that worked so people actually had incentive to both bid and sell in any given round was a tough puzzle which Hurt helped solve. This one could have gone in many different ways (including a 7 way tie if people all worked together to make a bidding system), so I'm very pleased with the variety of strategy that was used.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 30, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welcome back everyone to the 6th death match, which will be between capps and winvirus. As mentioned, there will be 30 minutes from now until the death match starts where players can give garnets to either capps or winvirus.

In order to help you decide whether to help, I will reveal what the death match is.

The 6th death match will be....Blind Poker

The garnets will be used to trade in for chips at a rate of 5 chips per 1 garnet.

I will reveal the rest of the rules when the game begins, but be warned that they have been slightly altered from the version on the show.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's Indian Poker, but that name is inappropriate, so we're calling it Blind Poker!

Also yes, you can go to the Library now if you're not playing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus: 5
Fast Luck: 2
mr. capps: 3

Since I opened the thread a little late, you guys have 15 more minutes to give garnets.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Roland Jones: 20
winvirus: 6
Fast Luck: 2
John Cena: 1
mr. capps: 6

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright, for this game capps and winvirus will both start with 30 chips.

I am about to post the rules. Please read them CAREFULLY. It is not a race.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the 6th Death Match...Blind Poker

Blind poker is a simple poker game where the player with the highest card wins. However this game will require a good poker face and a high amount of psychological warfare.

Rules

1) Blind poker is played with two sets of cards ranging from 1 to 10 for a total of 20 cards.

2) Each round the entire deck of 20 cards will be randomized. mr.capps will receive the first card, winvirus will receive the second card.

3) The players will not be told their own card but will be told the card of their opponent.

4) After the cards have been assigned, I will announce the start by taking the ante of 1 chip from each player. The starting player begins the betting. After the first round the starting player will be the winner of the previous round.

5) There is no chip limit for a bet.

6) There are three choices for betting
  • Call: Bet the same amount as the opponent. This ends the betting and both player's cards are revealed.
  • Raise: Bet more than the previous bet. In this case, betting continues without revealing the cards.
  • Fold: When a player folds, the opponent wins the round. However if the folding player's card is a 10, they must give 10 chips to the opponent as a penalty.

7) If both players have the same card, the chips from that round will carry on to the next round.

8) If 1 player loses all their chips, the game will end. If there is no winner at the end of the 3 hours, then the player with the most chips will be the winner. The final round will be announced at least 3 round ahead of time.

9) The chips to be used in Blind Poker will need to be purchased using garnets. 1 garnet can be traded for 5 chips. When the game ends they will be traded back for garnets.

Game Flow

I will start the round, but then players may continue to go back and forth until the round ends. When you are making your bet, say the Total that you are putting in for that turn, not simply how much you are raising. This will make the game easier to calculate.

This is how a typical round can play out.

Asiina posted:

Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. Rarity, you start the betting.

Rarity posted:

I will bet 3.

Hurt posted:

I will raise to 5.

Rarity posted:

I will raise to 10.

Hurt posted:

I will call 10.

Asiina posted:

I will reveal both cards. Rarity has a 4. Hurt has a 2. Rarity wins 30 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So to decide the starting player please pick a number from 1-100. Closest will start.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My number was 8, capps is closer.

Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. capps, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. capps has a 9. winvirus has a 4. capps wins the pot of 8 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. capps, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You don't fold!

I will reveal both cards. capps has a 6. winvirus has a 10. winvirus wins the pot of 12 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. winvirus, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will now reveal the cards slowly and dramatically.

As this will be the death of one of our fine players.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

A 2. There's a 1/19 chance I tie, a 2/19 chance I lose, and a 16/19 chance I win. I like those odds.

SHUT UP! YOU'RE RUINING THE MOMENT!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Capps has......a 2!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Winvirus has......

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
*commercial break*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
.........a 4!

Sorry, that means capps, you have run out of chips and are eliminated.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
mr.capps is eliminated in the 6th round.

Winvirus has advanced to the 7th round and also secures mr.capps' garnets.

mr.capps, please return your name tag and garnets.

That concludes today's game. To the 6 players who survived the 6th round, I will see you in the 7th round on Thursday.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus: 12
Fast Luck: 5

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ah, so you are right.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
However, because I'm feeling generous and because I think you should all should have a reward for making it half way through*, I'm giving you all 3 garnets each.

Roland Jones: 25
Kitiara: 12
winvirus: 9
Fast Luck: 8
John Cena: 6
Hal Incandenza: 6

*and because you might need them hehehehehe

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kitiara posted:

You're the best dealer. Speaking of, where has Rarity gone?

Rarity is here for the main matches, but I usually don't request help from my mods during the death matches, and it's late for her so I think she's gone to bed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Although this guy hurt just hangs around, I'm not sure how to get rid of him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome back everyone. Awful Genius Game has opened its doors for Round 7.

Last game had a clear alliance, but will the same group stick together and if they do, will that be their downfall?

I will now reveal the Garnet counts.

Roland Jones: 25
Kitiara: 12
winvirus: 9
Fast Luck: 8
John Cena: 6
Hal Incandenza: 6

Once again, in anticipation of tonight's game, I'm going to ask everyone to pick a horse. Please post your choice in the thread. Each person must have a unique horse and it is first come first serve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's my unbirthday.

• Locked thread