Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 10. Fast Luck has a 4. Kitiara wins the pot of 14 chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. Kitiara, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 2. Fast Luck has a 10. Fast Luck wins the pot of 15 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. Fast Luck, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 9. Fast Luck has a 7. Kitiara wins the pot of 5 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. Kitiara, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 3. Fast Luck has a 4. Fast Luck wins the pot of 22 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 1 from each of you as an ante. Fast Luck, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 7. Fast Luck has a 1. Kitiara wins the pot of 22 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Going forward the ante will be 3.

Both players have their cards. I will take 3 from each of you as an ante. Kitiara, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 5. Fast Luck has a 10. Fast Luck wins the pot of 24 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 3 from each of you as an ante. Fast Luck, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Current count:

Kitiara: 29
Fast Luck: 55

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 5. Fast Luck has a 8. Fast Luck wins the pot of 12 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 3 from each of you as an ante. Fast Luck, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 9. Fast Luck has a 6. Kitiara wins the pot of a bunch of chips!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both players have their cards. I will take 3 from each of you as an ante. Kitiara, you start the betting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will reveal both cards. Kitiara has a 6. Fast Luck has a 8. Fast Luck wins the pot of 6 chips.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright I will reveal the cards.

Kitiara's card was...a 3.

Fast Luck's card was..............a 4.

Fast Luck wins the round. Kitiara is out of chips and has been eliminated.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Kitiara is eliminated in the 9th round.

Fast Luck has advanced to the 10th round and also secures Kitiara's garnets.

Kitiara, please return your name tag and garnets.

That concludes today's game. Congratulations to the Final 3. I will see you for your LAST Main Match on Monday at 7pm.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Just an FYI

Fast Luck: 42
Roland Jones: 31
winvirus: 9

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome everyone to the 10th and FINAL Main Match.

To our three finalists, you have survived where 9 other people have failed and should be congratulated. But the game is not yet over. There is one more trial left before you.

One of you will be propelled into the finale, the other two will face one more death match to eliminate a competitor.

Here now are the current Garnet counts.

Fast Luck: 42
Roland Jones: 31
winvirus: 9

You are playing for a grand prize of $82.

Check in when you get here, because this one will be exciting!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Before we begin the 10th Main Match, I want to welcome 10 guests to the game.

Guests
JEREMY
Dragonatrix
King Burgundy
mr.capps
Power of Pecota
Byers
MMM
Meinberg
twodaylife
Eight Dollars

Say hello, everyone!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
capps is a no show and has been replaced by Rarity.

Let's all make fun of how goddamn unreliable capps is.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to the 10th and final Main Match....Perfect 10

In this game you will need to use your social skills to discover as much as you can about our guests to help you win the game.

Rules

1) In this game you must get all 10 guests to stand by asking them questions about themselves.

2) You will ask the guests 3 true or false questions in a row. If the answer is true for them and they are sitting, they will stand up.

3) At the end of the 3rd question if all 10 guests are standing, you will get a point.

4) Between 1 and 9 people must answer true for every question. If all 10 people answer true or false then your questions for that round will end and you will not receive a point.

5) If someone is standing and they answer true to a question, they will sit down.

6) There are no limits to the content of your question; however, it may not be longer than 60 characters. You may not use abbreviations, numbers instead of letters, etc. Your questions must be grammatical.

7) Questions with the same meaning may not be repeated. For example "I hate black" and "I dislike black" or "I live with my mother and father" and "I live with my parents." This will be left to the discretion of the mods. If they decide the question is too similar to a previous question, you will have to write a new question.

8) The other players will not know what questions were asked by you nor the results.

9) There will be 4 initial rounds of 3 questions. If there is a tie at the end of 4 rounds, we will move to sudden death rounds.

10) The winner will receive 8 Garnets and will move on to the finale.

In addition to your rules, the guests have been given rules for how they are allowed to interact with you.

Guest Rules

1) Guests may not lie at any time.

2) Guests may not offer any advice or information about the game or any of the remaining players.

3) Guests may refuse any question they deem is too personal.

4) If two players ask a guest the same question and they tell one player, they must tell the other. They are not allowed to play favourites.

5) Guests are not allowed to use any information a player gives them to answer questions. Players may not add any information to the system. (ie you can't use the Jinho method)

Game Flow

This game will take place entirely in IRC. There will be an initial 40 minutes of question time. During this time the guests will each be in the IRC rooms. Players may move freely between rooms (within the 3 minute restraint). Guests will not move rooms. The room assignments are as follows

Attic:
Jeremy
Dragonatrix

Office:
King Burgundy
Rarity
Power of Pecota

Bedroom:
Byers
MMM

Library:
Meinberg
twodaylife
Eight Dollars

After this time the guests will leave the rooms and each of the players will remain in separate rooms.

I will announce the beginning of the round and you will have 3 minutes to provide a true/false question in that IRC room. I will relay your question to the guests and inform you which have stood up. You will then have 3 minutes to provide your second question, and another 3 minutes for your 3rd. You will know if you were successful at achieving a point.

After everyone has completed their 3 questions I will begin Round 2.

If at the end of Round 4 there is a tie between some or all players, we will move to sudden death. With sudden death if you fail to achieve a point you will be eliminated. Rule 4 will also count during sudden death.

Are there any questions from the players? Guests time to go to your IRC rooms and stop posting in the thread!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Stop posting and get to your rooms, guests!

It's player time now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

So there's 4 rounds of 3 questions? So the best score is a 40? Or am I misinterpreting.

No, you get a point at the end of your 3 questions if all 10 people are standing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Wait, so if on the first round, you discover the question to make all guests stand over two rounds, can you just repeat those questions? I feel like I am not reading the rules closely enough despite reading them like 100 times.

You cannot repeat questions. If all or none of the people stand then you automatically fail that round.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Also, where do you see this

In the rules for the guests on what kind of questions they will accept and answer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

So after our period of questioning the guests, we only get 3 minutes to think about our first questions?

We ask our questions from separate rooms, but we all go at the same time?

It'll probably take a few minutes for everyone to get settled, but there's very little time yes.

And yes, you'll be asking your question in your IRC room and it will be relayed to the guests and you'll get a response. You are doing this at the same time but you don't see each other's questions or points since you'll be in different rooms.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Any possibility we get more than 3 minutes between the question time and the game beginning?

I'll give you 10 minutes then for the very first question.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Are there any more questions? Cause now would be a perfect time to get started and it'll be question time at 8!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright 40 minutes starts now!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
At the end of four rounds the score is as follows

Winvirus: 4 points
Roland Jones: 3 points
Fast Luck: 3 points

Winvirus is the winner and gets 8 garnets.

Roland and Fast Luck, I will see you here tomorrow for the death match.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

I would like to thank all the viewers and the fans for helping participate. We couldn't have done this without you guys. So thanks for the big help!

I would also like to thank everyone who agreed to participate and put up with my tyrannical requests. This was a difficult one to organize but I'm very glad we got to pull it off.

You guys are the best viewers!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

that must have been a mod mistake I never forget `hell` on a calculator upside down

Yeah it was my bad from all the boxes changing and it looked like you changed your answer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
For every garnet you have, you must make one confessional between now and the end of the game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

Please Asiina don't punish my inbox like that.

IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL LOSE ALL THOSE GARNETS AND I WON'T HAVE TO PAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Finals is gonna be 73 garnets vs like, what, 15?

Previous confessionals don't count.

Get writing!

• Locked thread