Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Current Available Pieces:
ENTP
ENFJ
ENFP
ISTJ
ISFJ
ISFP
INTJ
INFP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
1 minute warning

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
FAST LUCK WINS!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Little Mac is eliminated in the 2nd round.

Fast Luck has advanced to the 3rd round and also secures Little Mac's garnets.

Little Mac, please return your name tag and garnets.

That concludes today's game. To the 10 players who survived the 2nd round, I will see you in the 3rd round on Thursday.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll leave the thread open until 10pm for chitchat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is it me?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm closing the thread now.

Also I've had requests from both players and viewers that viewers shouldn't be able to post in the thread so I'm changing my policy. If you'd like to discuss the games please use the Viewer's Vista. Thanks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome back everyone. Awful Genius Game has opened its doors for Round 3.

Little Mac was the second to be eliminated out of the Awful Genius game. However Fast Luck has survived the Death Match and won Little Mac's Garnets. Who will be going to the Death Match tomorrow? We will soon play our game to find out.

I will now reveal the Garnet counts.

FewtureMD: 2
Fast Luck: 3
mr. capps: 1
Meinberg: 2
winvirus: 1
Nexal: 5
Roland Jones: 2
Hal Incandenza: 2
Kitiara: 3
John Cena: 2

In total you are currently playing for a grand prize of $23. We'll see how much will be added to the pot today!

Today's Main Match will begin in a short while. Until then you are welcome to chat in the thread. The IRC rooms will remain closed for now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also an awesome fan, Ulu, made us a new poster to put in the OP. Let's all admire how much better it is than my own image editing attempts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to the 3rd Main Match....Angels and Demons

In this game players will either be an angel or a demon. Over the course of 3 rounds they must touch with other players and depending on if the players are angels or demons there will be consequences for either player

Rules

1) The game will begin with 8 angels and 2 demons. Each player will be randomly assigned as either an angel or a demon. You will know if you are an angel or a demon, but not know what the other people are.

2) The game will consist of 3 rounds of 20 minutes with a 10 minute break in between.

3) The number of demons will be revealed between each round, but not who they are.

4) When players touch one of 4 things will happen:

Demon + Demon = nothing happens
Angel + Angel = each player receives a Cross
Demon + Angel who doesn't have a cross = Angel becomes Demon
Demon + Angel who has at least one cross = Demon becomes Angel, Angel loses one cross and becomes Demon

5) A demon with a cross may use it at any time to become an Angel. This destroys the cross. Use a cross by messaging me on IRC.

6) Players must touch at least 1 other players in each round. They may not touch the same person more than once per round. If they do not touch anyone they lose all their crosses and become a demon.

7) All touches must be voluntary (no bad touch!). Touches are completed by both players posting "I am touching _______" in the thread within one minute of each other (by forum time). If the touch is not reciprocated within 1 minute then it does not count.

For example if DrHurt and Rarity were touching it would look like

Rarity posted:

I am touching DrHurt

DrHurt posted:

I am touching Rarity

8) Players may check their status by asking Asiina privately in IRC. They may do this between each round or during the round if they've touched at least 2 people since they last checked. When you are given your role that counts as checking, so if you want to know before the first round is over you must touch at least 2 people before then.

How to Win

The winner will be the angel with the most crosses at the end of the game. If there are no angels remaining then the demon with the most crosses wins. They will receive 1 Garnet for every cross they have.

If there is a tie then they will be joint winners and will all receive a token of life. If there is a single winner they will be given an additional token of life to give away. If there are multiple losers this can be given to one of the losers.

The loser is the demon with the lowest number of crosses. If no demons, the angel with the lowest number of crosses. If there is a tie then the winner(s) will choose which is the elimination candidate.

If at the end of the game there are only demons and no crosses among all players then the original two demons win. They will receive 3 garnets each and can choose from all remaining players who is the elimination candidate.

Game Flow

Everyone please post a number between 1-10. Everyone needs a unique number. If you are a demon I will PM you before the game begins.

You will then have 10 minutes to strategize before Round 1.

You will have free access to IRC and the thread during the game, but must make your touches in the thread.

Do people want a practice round or do you want to get right to the main game. If 4 people request a practice round that will last 30 minutes total, we will do it.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 19, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Are cross uses public or private?

Good question. Cross uses are private. Message me on IRC.

You can go into IRC when I say the game starts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright, 10 minutes of strategy starts now. You may go to IRC.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Round 1 Start

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's the last touch, Round 2 is over.

Status in one minute.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
(I'll let that one conclude)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, that was end of Round 1.

Status Update

10 Angels
0 Demons

So this was obviously a mistake on our part and so you guys don't literally take me to the poor house in the next two rounds, the prize is going to be capped at 10 Garnets. If you have 10 or more crosses and are the winner you will get 10 Garnets. I refuse to pay out $500 at the end of this, sorry. :)

As well, the angel with the lowest crosses will be the loser as that's the only lose condition left possible.

You can strategize for another 5 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Round 2 Go.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Round 2 over.

Status Update

10 Angels
0 Demons

10 minutes before Round 3.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ROUND 3 START

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
10 minutes gone, 10 minutes remaining.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
3 minutes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
1 minute

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Time is up. Tabulating scores.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Angels and Demons has (mercifully) ended. Here are the scores.

winvirus: 11
Nexal: 12
Roland: 7
Kitiara: 12
John Cena: 30
Capps: 11
Fast Luck: 9
Hal Incandenza: 21
Meinberg: 0
FewtureMD: 11

Which means John Cena you are the sole winner. You receive 10 Garnets and two tokens of life.

Meinberg, you are the loser and an elimination candidate. Before you choose your opponent, John Cena who will you give your second token of life to?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg, who will you choose to face in the death match? You cannot choose John Cena or winvirus.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg has chosen Roland Jones to face tomorrow in the Death Match.

Before you go though (extreme ways) you will need to both choose a partner to play with tomorrow. They will also need to be here for the death match, but will not be in any danger of leaving the game or losing their garnets. You can discuss this with your fellow competitors for a few minutes before you give me an answer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Before you start chatting too much about the outcome of the game, let's figure out who is being the partners at the death match tomorrow. Then you can speak freely once that's settled.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg (with Fast Luck) vs. Roland (with Hal) will take place tomorrow night at 7pm.

I'll leave the thread open for a while since I'm sure you'll want to talk.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kitiara posted:

Could we get a garnet count at some point?

Fast Luck: 6
mr. capps: 2
Kitiara: 5
John Cena: 6

I keep the OP updated with it as well.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had a complaint from a whiny viewer who can't handle numbers out of order.

John Cena: 6
Fast Luck: 6
Kitiara: 5
mr. capps: 2

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You can always engineer a 9 way tie and QWOP for it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the 3rd Death Match.

Meinberg scored the least points in yesterday's Main Match and he chose his opponent: Roland Jones. However they won't be facing the death match alone. Each player has chosen a partner who will hopefully help them to secure their victory so they can continue in the game.

The game will be Meinberg and Fast Luck versus Roland Jones and Hal.

The Death Match will begin in roughly 30 minutes. Until then all players are free to speak in the thread.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to the 3rd Death Match....Tactical Snakes and Ladders

In this game the two elimination candidates, with the help of their partners, will navigate a game of Snakes and Ladders in order to be the first to reach the finish.

Rules

1) Only the two elimination candidates get a piece on the board. In this game the blue R piece will be for Roland Jones and the red M piece will be for Meinberg.

2) How many spaces a player moves is up to all four people.

3) Each turn all four players will choose either 0 or 1. The piece will move how many spaces as there were 1s chosen. So if all four players choose 1, the piece will move 4 spaces.

4) Players and their partner will each discuss their move in a separate IRC room, but all four participants will message me privately (via IRC) what their move is. You will only have 2 minutes to decide whether you are choosing 0 or 1, so discuss quickly.

5) If a piece lands on the bottom of a ladder, that piece will move to the top of the ladder. If a piece lands on the head of a snake, it will fall to the tail of the snake.

6) Once a ladder or a snake has been used it will be removed from the board and cannot be used again.

7) The first player to reach or pass the last space will be the winner. The other will be eliminated.

Game Flow

There will be a picture version of the board and a code version of the board. The picture version will be posted at the beginning of the game and will be reposted whenever a ladder or snake is removed from the game. Moves will be carried out via the code version of the board.

Here is the picture version:

Here is the code version:

code:
 |END |    | S3 |    |    | L3 |<
                                ^
>|    |    | S3 |    | L3 |    |^
^
^|    | L2 | S3 | L3 |    | S2 |<
                                ^
>| S1 | L2 |    | L1 | S2 | S2 |^
^
^| S1 | S1 |    | L1 | S2 |    |<
                                ^
 |M  R| S1 |    | L1 |    |    |^
Meinberg and Roland Jones, please pick a number between 1-100. Closest to my number goes first.

Viewers and other players please refrain from posting at this time. You may gather in the library to chat during the game. Meinberg and Fast Luck, you can use the Office. Roland and Hal, you can use the Attic. You can all go there now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Spectators are in the library.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The number given by RNG was actually 1!

Roland's turn will be first. 2 minutes until you guys message me your moves.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Roland moves 1 space

code:
 |END |    | S3 |    |    | L3 |<
                                ^
>|    |    | S3 |    | L3 |    |^
^
^|    | L2 | S3 | L3 |    | S2 |<
                                ^