Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey I'm the first one here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:munch:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

Second one, here. How's it going, Hal?

It's going awesome!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

Yeah reading is for nerds, so I don't do it. Thanks!

Let's go hang out in the attic once the game starts

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

Good to hear. I was shocked to see you got picked because you never really struck me as a genius :mmmhmm:

New plan is to lock you in the attic

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anyone want to wager a garnet on how many people show up?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi Jeremy, try the dip.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meinberg, come to the attic later. Jeremy, you should come too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK everyone, Rarity and I need the attic for a little bit here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

We have themes? I guess Hal's theme is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIYqtkdMxQg

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac did not invite me to his game. I will not invite him to the attic :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm just kidding Little Mac is always welcome in the attic

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

Should we share answers to questions? I'm interested in what Genius players we all compared ourselves to.

Kim Kyungran

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

I said Jinho too, but because I am focused on winning games and I don't like betraying allies. I really identified with him in the first season. I never finished the second. :/

I actually misread that as the person in THIS game I was most like when I answered the question.

But I stand by Kyungran

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

I considered answering Jinho but I decided on Kyungran, with Sunggyu as a semi-comedy answer as well.

I like the cut of your jib

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

LOL Little Mac.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I pick 2

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Fine, 9

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

Confirming my animal btw

Same

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

We can start in any habitat we want, right? Except forbidden ones?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It was a fun time for a minute there

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

hello, sorry.

Hi capps, welcome to the club!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

I feel like I miss out on all the pregame chatter because of mafia kings :(

There is always next time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bang-A-Rang

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

WHAT'S HAPPENING!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess Capps wasn't the eagle after all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

So what is everyone's favorite colour?
I like blue.

I am partial to purple

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Do you have to be alive to win if your win condition doesn't say survive?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

I wish we had had a practice round, tbh.

Me too, even if I did win. (Did I?)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Superrodan you blew it by eating me too soon!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Superrodan you blew it by eating me too soon!

Oh man, winvirus was the rat? That was a really fortunate turn of events for me then.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

This was indeed the real reason. :v:

I think it was extremely fitting that the first things that happened was we tried to eat each other :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

Good luck to both deathmatch competitors! I wish you could both win :(

Yeah, same.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

Hello players, just a reminder that any time during the game you can always send me a confessional. How did you feel during the game? Was life in the food chain all that it was cracked up to be? Would you have rather been a bug?

Well let us know! The viewers crave information!

I'm still mad at the viewers for their totally lame question for me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

Nexal and Super, it's really no hard feelings though and I really hope you both do well tomorrow. It wasn't like it was an easy choice to pick.

Yeah, this totally. Really it was just that their was some loose basis for picking you and not really much for anyone else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Superrodan posted:

I was just trying to explain my actions. I did not think they would be perceived as rude but I apologize that it looked like I was breaking the rules.

I thought it was funny

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nexal posted:

If anything the rest of the cast should be jealous that me and super get to play our own little special game.

Let's not go THAT far.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

The lion absolutely should eat the other predators. We saw in the show what happens if he doesn't.

I feel like a big reason the lion lost was because he ate me (Hyena) too early. It was in my best interest to have as many animals eaten as quickly as possible, especially myself and the deer.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Superrodan posted:

I don't think I ate you fast enough. I allowed you to pick off the rat, who would have basically tagged along with me and been my food when there was nobody else to eat. The best strategy for you would be to deny me prey. If you pick off a lot of the small prey it's easier for the immune ones to stick together.

Yeah, but you have to return to the field every other turn, and eating me away from the field meant that you had to hope the deer stayed alive and didn't start in the field or that some other creatures would wander into the field (which they never should).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mills posted:

:munch:

I'm not quite clear from the summary on who did what in what order in Round 1 but it seems like (assuming you have no information about the snake) that ignoring the snake is just the best thing to do since it's such low probability that you will hit it straight up.

If anyone is bored, I would enjoy reading a summary of Round 1 in the order it happened.

I only know what happened up until I died, but winvirus the rat tried to eat me (the hyena) and failed, I immediately ate winvirus, then Rodan the lion ate me right after.

• Locked thread