Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Merk, I'll shoot who you tell me to.

Conveniently meaning you won't have to take responsibility for it if it goes wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Just give me the stupid candy. Thanks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A Future Dead Person posted:

Conveniently meaning you won't have to take responsibility for it if it goes wrong.

You're not wrong.

merk posted:

Just give me the stupid candy. Thanks.

Vigs are fun though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Harold Krell and Somberero scumteam confirmed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
We should all be so lucky.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello everyone and thank you for making the correct choice. now people post more so i can find the scum. thanks. so far i dont like rarity tricking merk. very untown move.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

uranus posted:

hello everyone and thank you for making the correct choice. now people post more so i can find the scum. thanks. so far i dont like rarity tricking merk. very untown move.

How do you feel about krell?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Somberbrero posted:

##holiday Founder's Day because America.

##trick Byers

Merk, I'll shoot who you tell me to.

Dammit. merk, I was going to give you the candy I got from Rarity once it arrived but now I can't. Tell Somber to shoot himself.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Tell Somber to shoot himself.

Seconded.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

Oh hey, a dayvig up for grabs. Guys, maybe handing out candy willy-nilly isn't a good idea? It only takes one gift to scum (without having any taken from them) for them to get an extra kill.

I'm assuming scum will get a dayvig regardless because while they can't Treat each other, it looks like they could Trick each other if they wanted to. So they have some means to redistribute the wealth of Diabolic Sweets.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

I'm assuming scum will get a dayvig regardless because while they can't Treat each other, it looks like they could Trick each other if they wanted to. So they have some means to redistribute the wealth of Diabolic Sweets.

True, but you only get one Trick. People can get to 3 unassisted, but to get 4 someone has to give you candy.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

Puntification posted:

How do you feel about krell?

##vote puntification

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Aw I'm flattered. Promise not to suck too much. Or are you just trying to develop a system to perfectly read me every single time?

i can't make that promise

;)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ernie. posted:

##vote puntification

Good case pro work.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

Good case pro work.

##trick puntification

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ernie. posted:

##trick puntification

Well that's just rude.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##Trick Krell

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm trying to figure out a method to how people are tricking one another but it seems like it's being done out of plain spite. Way to bring on a hateful halloween.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
krell might be bad

i never played with him though

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Puntification posted:

nice catch

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm trying to figure out a method to how people are tricking one another but it seems like it's being done out of plain spite. Way to bring on a hateful halloween.

It's not really Halloween until someone dies.

Puntification posted:

Good case pro work.

##vote Puntification

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Asking for someone's opinion is not the same thing as using their opinion as justification for voting another person just fyi.

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Puntification

Somberero and ernie scum team confirmed.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
You guys should steal my candy. I'd let all of that power get to my head.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Still working out the numbers and 8 of us have tricked already. The most interesting statistic is that merk officially has been tricked out of all candy, though he's still able to get some back. Krell and Rarity were responsible for that. Of those two Krell's by far the most antagonistic with his trick.

Ninja: I'm keeping track of this and I'll put up a list if you want whenever.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

Asking for someone's opinion is not the same thing as using their opinion as justification for voting another person just fyi.

Also this is a really scummy vote strategy as it justifies voting a player for something they haven't actually done yet but also shuts down discussion. It was used against me previously in The League by scum. In fact I'm willing to ##vote ernie. over it.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Harold Krell posted:

I find this type of behavior to be quite suspicious. This is only the first day, and you say we can trust you to use a day-vig in the most town-way possible? Who can you determine to be scum so early into the game?

Also, you are being quite defensive about not being scum, which is a common ploy for scum to make. If you really weren't scum, you should have probably done something more modest like say, "I don't necessarily need the candy, but I do hope that whomever does get the day-vig skill uses it properly."

I don't know if you're new or not, but being greedy and glib with your actions usually results in a bad way (I, of all people should know. I've caused quite the pickle for myself in my heyday ;)). Even so, even if you were town, I think you might be too green to handle such a responsibility, so just in case there are people gullible enough to fall for something so blunt, I'm going to temper your action with one of my own:

##trick merk

I feel like this is pretty convoluted.

But maybe I just don't know how to play. Tell me how I should play Harold Krell.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ninja: I'm keeping track of this and I'll put up a list if you want whenever.

I want to see this list! Don't keep me waiting!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Of those two Krell's by far the most antagonistic with his trick.

Dropping someone to 0 could also be a good move if they're scum since they can't do poo poo then. But since its D1 and hard to really case someone, that's not really something to aim for. Not likely to work out right now and all.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Er, not worth explicitly aiming for. Very nice bonus if it happens.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Token Female posted:

I want to see this list! Don't keep me waiting!

Rarity tricked merk
Uranus tricked BN
Byers tricked Rarity
Dragon tricked 100yrs
Harold Tricked merk
Somberbrero tricked Byers
Ernie tricked punt
Apostate tricked krell

100yrs- 1
Apostate- 3
BN- 1
Byers- 2
Dragon- 3
Ernie- 3
Karold- 2
Merk- 0
Punt-1
Rarity- 2
Somber- 3
Token- 2
Uranus- 3

Kept the typos and all. Underline means they've tricked. Obviously I can't keep track of gifts but yeah this is a start. I think it's right anyway.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Punti tricked me.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Dragonatrix posted:

Dropping someone to 0 could also be a good move if they're scum since they can't do poo poo then. But since its D1 and hard to really case someone, that's not really something to aim for. Not likely to work out right now and all.

It's a fair point that you make that it would make sense as scum to trick the people that you'd be more scared/cautious of, and Merk could be that person to some. However, why belittle your own point?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Rarity tricked merk
Uranus tricked BN
Byers tricked Rarity
Dragon tricked 100yrs
Harold Tricked merk
Somberbrero tricked Byers
Ernie tricked punt
Apostate tricked krell

100yrs- 1
Apostate- 3
BN- 1
Byers- 2
Dragon- 3
Ernie- 3
Karold- 2
Merk- 0
Punt-1
Rarity- 2
Somber- 3
Token- 2
Uranus- 3

Kept the typos and all. Underline means they've tricked. Obviously I can't keep track of gifts but yeah this is a start. I think it's right anyway.

Ac is right I did trick here. Because I'm a devil-may-care rebel I'm willing to tell you I've given away 2 candies so now have zero at the moment thanks to someone.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mostly just due to the numbers. Not particularly great odds that any one person dropping to 0 would give useful information.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

Ac is right I did trick here. Because I'm a devil-may-care rebel I'm willing to tell you I've given away 2 candies so now have zero at the moment thanks to someone.

Well you can fix it as needed but I've marked it down. Thanks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I too have given away my candies.

Is Dragonatrix Dragnix?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Somberbrero posted:

Is Dragonatrix Dragnix?

I doubt it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Is Dragonatrix Dragnix?

Who?

Also, no.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Official Candy Tally

Merk - 3
Somberbrero - 3
Uranus - 1
100yrsofattitude - 1
Apostatecourier - 1
Dragonatrix - 3
Byers2142 - 1
Puntification - 1
Rarity - 2
Token Female - 2
Big nothing - 0
Ernie - 3
Harold Krell - 2

Reminder that if you are treated to candy you are not notified. These tallies will appear at random intervals so be aware!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

True, but you only get one Trick. People can get to 3 unassisted, but to get 4 someone has to give you candy.

Scum save their tricks until late, hope that one of them gets an extra candy. Once one does, that scum tricks, four candies, kill shot. They can't all manage it, but one could and probably will try to.

uranus posted:

krell might be bad

i never played with him though

I disagree on Krell; he made the first really in-depth post of the game and in it called merk potentially green, because they've rarely played together in the past. He's also suggesting merk might be scummy, but his action was to try and keep the kill away from merk which fits if he thinks merk shouldn't be trusted with the kill regardless of alignment. It feels genuine and is a bad case because of who merk, specifically, is.

• Locked thread