Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sounds fun, count me in. ##Holiday Halloween!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'unno, that sounds perfectly fun to me.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

##holiday Doe Day basically because I have no idea what that even is.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

My dog just told me to ##trick 100yrs. So I will.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Of those two Krell's by far the most antagonistic with his trick.

Dropping someone to 0 could also be a good move if they're scum since they can't do poo poo then. But since its D1 and hard to really case someone, that's not really something to aim for. Not likely to work out right now and all.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Er, not worth explicitly aiming for. Very nice bonus if it happens.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mostly just due to the numbers. Not particularly great odds that any one person dropping to 0 would give useful information.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Is Dragonatrix Dragnix?

Who?

Also, no.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bit pre-emptive, but considering D1 can only really go on gut instinct right now.

That said, while the vig use wasn't inherently suspect, merk's explanation after the fact doesn't sit right with me. I don't think the intent as 100yrs put it is the problem on its own, it's the fervour with which he seems to want to be confirmed town that comes off as a bit, well, off. Really the attempt to go out of your way to be confirmed town is hard to justify in a non-scum manner, since that's something someone who is scum would want to do, after all it gives them a decent amount of towncred and the apparent confirmation is hard to shake off, and the candy setup gives them a golden opportunity to do just that.

Uranus's just funny which is a good way to hide in plain sight. Also makes it hard to be suspicious because (and this might just be me here) it's hard to distinguish some jokes from serious slipups. Metajoke calls are obviously jokes and in no way suspect or distracting.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

All that said, I'm more inclined to ##vote 100yrs right now. Mostly because of the game's current setup the candy list from before is a good way to appear to be helping out without actually having to do anything. It doesn't inherently damage the town but it also doesn't really give anything useful to work with. It's a nice fašade but nothing more.

Plus the half-attempt at rules lawyering came off as a worrying way to shut down the discussion at the time. Not because he was worried for himself, necessarily, but because his scumbuddy might accidentally let something slip. Somber was panicking at the time when he saw merk was at 3 candies, so that could've had something to do with it maybe. Panics are a good way to let info slip without thinking about it, but I could be thinking too hard there.

And, of course, the half-assed non-directed case at 3 people without much effort put into it. Uranus was a good target, since he's pretty vocal and little things can be easier to pick up on when someone speaks a lot. Whether they're valid or not, there's more things to call attention too. Likewise, the lurker logic for Rarity was more calling attention to someone being conspicuous by not being conspicuous.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

In regards to my "non cases", there's a reason why I haven't voted. I've been trying to air out my thoughts and just write down my perception of things. Maybe I should have more conviction? But as everyone readily sees most of my thoughts are pretty empty, at least they're nothing I would be able to vote on with confidence, especially cause when playing mafia my number 1 rule is that I'm always wrong.

See, this is a situation where I understand what you're saying and I can follow the logic behind it. I just don't really agree with it. The main issue comes from your thoughts not really having much meaning to them, though at least you can admit as much yourself; I guess this just comes down to a difference in our ways of thinking. Like, yeah, I can completely understand thinking out loud to try and reach a meaningful conclusion but when your thoughts are, by your own admission, inherently meaningless that just seems more like wanting to say something, more than having something to say.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

And, well, just wanting to say something, anything, regardless of content or use is just empty proselytising and that doesn't actually help anyone. Looks nice if you want to appear to be helping but that's all it does.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I gave 1 piece to Byers basically entirely at random. Dunno where the other one went, since I did just send out one. Never received a dayvig PM so that possibility isn't on the table, and I doubt anyone would send 'em to me anyway.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Dragon, can you check your sent PMs and figure out what happened to your second treat?

Yeah, I did and there is just the one sent. I'd be inclined to write that off as just moderror since there doesn't seem to be any reason for it to happen otherwise. Went back through the thread to see if there was a trick that we just missed and nothing like that.

I am well aware that me wanting to write it off like that is incredibly suspect but it's the only conclusion that makes sense at the moment. Mostly this is because if we're counting out the totals, there seems to be another error in the new amounts too even discounting that. Started with 26, so we should be at 18 after the 2 dayvigs. Current totals are at 19 so not only did one go missing, but at least one more has been added somewhere too.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'm fine with holding off my vote until it comes to hammer if need be. Only qualm I have with switching to someone reticent to drop the hammer is that they might be a Town PR and not scum, but that seems relatively unlikely and since either way next day's functionally LYLO, that is a risk that basically has to be taken if we want to get anywhere.

##holiday Elliot Moore day for a good movie.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Do you have any opinions of the players, though?

Of Krell and Ernie? Not really, no. I should probably go back and re-read their posts again looking for stuff that stands out, but I'm more inclined to suspect Krell of the two right now. For whatever little that means.

In general? It's going to sound super "me too"-y, to the point where saying it at this point is highly redundant, but definitely 100yrs stands out as the top suspect at the moment. He was highest on my list at the end of the first day, even with Somber's fakeclaim, and what little attempts he made to defend himself came off as more attempts at deflection and trying to push the conversation towards someone else more than actually explaining anything.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

http://tindeck.com/listen/dlfz
http://tindeck.com/listen/eqpk

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

http://tindeck.com/listen/lofu

##vote Krell

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

http://tindeck.com/listen/zxhu

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

So, here we stand or here we fall.
The results won't care at all.
Make the case, lynch the scum
Mayor mercy won't be home tonight.

We didn't waste no time at all,
Case was wrong in the end but it seemed a good call.
Everything else we have is relatively small;
need something more else we're just waiting for the hammer to fall.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I got blood on my hands and there's no remorse
This vanilla town just gonna stay the course

##vote uranus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

Well, no, I would have had to convince the townie to vote Ernie.

Let's be honest, if it did come to that, you would've pulled that off easy.

And, sorry about my mistake a couple days ago. Totally my fault for being a presumptuous rear end in a top hat. Sorry.

• Locked thread