Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Count me in, modkill anyone that doesn't pick ##holiday Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

If I don't play in another game I have to work on mine.

##holiday Last Request Day

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yes. ##Holiday Sesame Day! Hopefully this gets started soon.

Puntification posted:

Yeah gonna get in on this ##holiday sesame day

Scum spotted. Little Mac, give me three guns and I'll end the game D0.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Please no death millers

##holiday Sesame Day

I'm surrounded by heathens.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

who doesnt like spooky ghosts and skeletons

Dumb people, that's who.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I was scum in my very first forums Mafia game ever, I think it was a sign.

I like Halloween too much to dishonor its spirit by having ghost times in September.

That's like the excuse women use on you to avoid dating you. "I like you too much to dishonor you by having sexy times."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

yes, me and byers got our roles before the game was even full of people. we are a satan cult. its so easy to join, just post halloween in your own blood.

Also, I can confirm this to be true. We got our start through DnD, and now are building our following in Carrot Cake Village.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Puntification posted:

It does sounds pretty great doesn't it? Have an upside down liquorice crucifix and contract diabetes for Satan!

Our Sweets for Satan bake-off is scheduled for next Tuesday. Just because He's our Dark Lord doesn't mean He's not able to be sweet!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tinnitus is the STD of choice in the Psychic Vampire world.

Token Female posted:

I'd be up for playing.

## holiday Last Request Day

Hi, we'd like to talk to you about joining the Cult of Satan. Have you considered the fate of your immortal soul, and how awesome candy is?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Yes, Satan's Day has come!

Gather around, children, and listen as I spin a tale. A tale of hypocrisy! Told in three parts.

Lack of Faith

Rarity posted:

Please no death millers

##holiday Sesame Day

Reversal

Rarity posted:

##trick merk

Punishment

##trick Rarity

It's a new day in Carrot Cake Village, a day when we cast off our shackles and worship His Evilness and His Psychic Vampires as we should. Follow Brother spacebutt and I as we found a new religious order here. I trust you will all make the right choice.

##holiday Founder's Day

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I sure that some of you have questions about what to do with your candy. In times of doubt, we should always consult Him.

I have, and I know now what to do with my candies. I await the resolution of my trick on the faithless Rarity.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

##holiday ADD awareness day

I'm boycotting this holiday, as it should be ADHD Awareness Day.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

##holiday Founder's Day because America.

##trick Byers

Merk, I'll shoot who you tell me to.

Dammit. merk, I was going to give you the candy I got from Rarity once it arrived but now I can't. Tell Somber to shoot himself.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

Oh hey, a dayvig up for grabs. Guys, maybe handing out candy willy-nilly isn't a good idea? It only takes one gift to scum (without having any taken from them) for them to get an extra kill.

I'm assuming scum will get a dayvig regardless because while they can't Treat each other, it looks like they could Trick each other if they wanted to. So they have some means to redistribute the wealth of Diabolic Sweets.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

True, but you only get one Trick. People can get to 3 unassisted, but to get 4 someone has to give you candy.

Scum save their tricks until late, hope that one of them gets an extra candy. Once one does, that scum tricks, four candies, kill shot. They can't all manage it, but one could and probably will try to.

uranus posted:

krell might be bad

i never played with him though

I disagree on Krell; he made the first really in-depth post of the game and in it called merk potentially green, because they've rarely played together in the past. He's also suggesting merk might be scummy, but his action was to try and keep the kill away from merk which fits if he thinks merk shouldn't be trusted with the kill regardless of alignment. It feels genuine and is a bad case because of who merk, specifically, is.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Official Candy Tally

Merk - 3
Somberbrero - 3
Uranus - 1
100yrsofattitude - 1
Apostatecourier - 1
Dragonatrix - 3
Byers2142 - 1
Puntification - 1
Rarity - 2
Token Female - 2
Big nothing - 0
Ernie - 3
Harold Krell - 2

Reminder that if you are treated to candy you are not notified. These tallies will appear at random intervals so be aware!

13 players, that's 26 pieces of candy. There's only 23 pieces listed.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I too have given away my candies.

Little Mac posted:

Official Candy Tally

Somberbrero - 3

Lying with 1 piece could be a power role. Lying with 3 pieces is fishing for a last piece to get a free kill. It's scummy.

##vote Somber

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

There are still three pieces unaccounted for, but based on that list against what he claimed, SOmber's scum.

Looking at posts, Token Female's standing out to me. She could give candy away if she didn't want it, yet she wants people to steal from her; that looks like a way to influence the actions of people, possibly divert tricks from scumbros. She jumped on Krell's post after several others, and left a "maybe I don't know how to play" joke on the backend; weak me too casing always feels scummy to me, and I'm usually right about it. All told, her posting just feels there, just posts made for the purpose of having posts.

It's early, but I conferred with Him and He agrees; Somber and Token are the scummiest people in this game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Token Female posted:

I'd support this. His posts have wither been cheerleading or 'me too'ing.

Irony, thy name is "me too."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac, if you need help finding those three missing pieces, just send me all of the PMs where people made treats and I'll help sort through them.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Token Female posted:

That is true, though I at least gave a reason.

Someone agreeing with another's case is less scummy than someone making the same case as someone else and not acknowledging the first case. It's the difference between citing and plagiarizing, and while Our Dark Lord forgives and promotes many sins, plagiarization is not one of them. Be evil, but be original, as His Horniness is wont to say.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

sorry ##kill token female

Brother Spacebutt, doing Satan's work.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

I would like everyone to name a person you'd like me to kill and why.

Somber. He's scum. He lied about his candy count, and was pissed when Little Mac revealed the true counts.

Somberbrero posted:

Little Mac :l

Don't give merk any more candy! ! I already gave him candy.

I also think he tried to stop you getting the dayvig.

merk posted:

I have the candy vig. How did you get one?

I gave spacebutt a piece pretty soon after his trick, so he had 4 early in the day. They must become a vig immediately and not just when used, hence his only having one on Little Mac's count. Start with two, trick to three, me to four, get a vig, someone treats him to one again.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't wanna be that guy but I don't think we're allowed to post...

I think once the flip happens, posting again is ok.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

this gmae is going to end d1 isnt it

Can't. Four candy to vig, everyone starts with two, even if all candy is used that's just under half the game dead and scum don't have a kill at that point.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

How do you know he lied? I didn't know my candy count until the thing was posted. I thought I had zero.

Who did you give candy to?

Spacebutt.

You thought zero because you knew you gave away, but not what was treated. I don't believe that three people treated him after he gave all of his away; unless there's people that can step up and say they did, it's more likely he lied not knowing that the candy counts were semi-public.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Did everyone else who treated specify a number? I just said ##treat merk like it said in the OP because I thought it was all or nothing.

You only treat one at a time, and can't treat the same person twice in a row. So you can't treat merk with all your candy, but you can treat merk, spacebutt, merk.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##unvote

Ok, either Somber's lying or he didn't read the OP, but that's not slamdunk anymore since no one reads the OP in mafia games.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Puntification posted:

merk vig a lurker.

QFT

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm finding Uranus' posting more pointless than usual. I feel like that's what happens when he's scum but I remember anymore. The only worthwhile thing I feel he's done is his giving Ernie candy, which could at least confirm him. Uranus have you ever given more reason as to why you shot token female, besides the fact she felt it'd be better to think about the vig shot over using it immediately?

uranus posted:

you know the answer to that question 100yrs so why dont you just say it instead of passively trying to make me look scum in a roundabout way.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Because I'm terribly passive-aggressive and it's a really bad personality trait that I should work on.

But no you haven't. Will you give more reason? Can you? Or was that it?

This stands out to me when reading over what I missed during the weekend. 100yrs is definitely setting a trap for spacebutt, and doing so in a scummy way. spacebutt was right to call it out like he did, and 100yrs response is one of caught scum. He knew what he'd done, he knew spacebutt had called him on it publicly, so he tried to play it off as a personality flaw.

It made me look at his history and specifically his exchange with merk, where he tried to cast merk as looking to be confirmed town rather than scum hunting. merk's right, there's no way a town player looks at someone being confirmed as town as a bad thing. That's scum seeing something they don't want to have happen, happen.

##vote 100yrs

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Let's talk set-up for a moment. Since this a C9++, tracking possible set-ups actually makes sense, and we have a few flips to work with at this point.

There's seven randomizing numbers to set up a C9++, and Rarity's flip tells us that one of those has to be a V. I was roleblocked last night, so either it was a town roleblock or scum. In either case, we know that there is a three-scum team. If we do not lynch scum today, tomorrow is LYLO. And because of the holiday, we will not get a flip, so we have to act like tomorrow's LYLO regardless.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

I just read what Doe Day is...

We need to also vote on who should hammer. I'm willing to hammer.

You should hammer if you're volunteering. The hammer should be a vanilla, and we don't want to many people speaking up as vanilla since it will allow the scum to key in on power roles that way. You're volunteered, you hammer, scum still don't have a full picture of the town power roles.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##elliot moore day

I'm ok with forcing a player to hammer, but only if it's understood that once we agree to force them, we don't stop because of a claim. We have 3 votes on 100yrs so far; I'd suggest we put him to 4 and pick the next scummiest player to hammer. If they don't within a certain timeframe (12 hours), we lynch them instead. The timeframe ensures we're not waiting at deadline and they can cause a no lynch.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

If we're going to force a hammer from someone, I'd say make it a lurker after some thought. That's the best way we can get a read on lurkers. Bottom three posting are Krell, Dragon, and Ernie.

We've got two votes to make Krell hammer, and one vote for Ernie. Should we say five votes forces a person to hammer?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm fine with holding off my vote until it comes to hammer if need be. Only qualm I have with switching to someone reticent to drop the hammer is that they might be a Town PR and not scum, but that seems relatively unlikely and since either way next day's functionally LYLO, that is a risk that basically has to be taken if we want to get anywhere.

Do you have any opinions of the players, though? You're saying you're ok to be the hammer, but not making any statements about who you'd want to see lynched today.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

http://tindeck.com/listen/zerx

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

http://tindeck.com/listen/xuge

##holiday language day

Byers2142
May 5, 2011