Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

merk posted:

Yo, give me the candy. As I've said in previous games, I'm the player here who you can trust will use the item in the most pro-town way possible. If I'm town, you trust my game theory, you always have. Even if I am scum, which I am not, I will use a publicly available item in the most pro-town way possible so that I look town using it.

I find this type of behavior to be quite suspicious. This is only the first day, and you say we can trust you to use a day-vig in the most town-way possible? Who can you determine to be scum so early into the game?

Also, you are being quite defensive about not being scum, which is a common ploy for scum to make. If you really weren't scum, you should have probably done something more modest like say, "I don't necessarily need the candy, but I do hope that whomever does get the day-vig skill uses it properly."

I don't know if you're new or not, but being greedy and glib with your actions usually results in a bad way (I, of all people should know. I've caused quite the pickle for myself in my heyday ;)). Even so, even if you were town, I think you might be too green to handle such a responsibility, so just in case there are people gullible enough to fall for something so blunt, I'm going to temper your action with one of my own:

##trick merk

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

That is a lot of words to say "merk is scum" without saying "merk is scum" with a whole lot of mafia dadding.

What? I'm not going to say he's outright scum on the first day if that's the only response I have to go by. Do you think accusing me right now makes you look any better?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

I don't like that Krell disappeared after I called him out.

##vote Krell Talk to me, Krell.

I had to disappear because I have a career to go to on weekdays. Not everyone has the time to post on the forums 24/7.

Anyways, after recent outcomes, it appears that I have been proven right about the needless use of the day-vig that has been coveted by so many players. It was obvious that it could only lead to calamity, yet my warnings ended up being in vain.

The fact that you're accusing me for being negligent for going to my career rather than posting to defend myself seems like the most short-sighted of endeavors. Why do you think I am scum if the only thing I've been is right so far? I still find it suspicious that of all people you would go after me even though you have two obvious suspects in plain sight. Regardless, I'm going to hold my vote until I can see decisive evidence indicating true scum.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

Several things.
First, our conversation happened over a series of minutes. There was no reason you couldn't have shot off a quick reply, instead you disappear just as the pressure gets put on. That is suspicious. I also really don't like the condescending tone.

I am not being condescending. You wanted answers from me so I am simply explaining yourself. Don't act like you deserve sympathy for being oversensitive. Also, I find it disrespectful that you're calling me condescending because I have rigid career hours that can't allow me to post whenever it's convenient to you.

apostateCourier posted:

Second, being right does not mean you aren't scum. Granted, you not knowing merk's reputation, okay. That's fine, I guess you haven't played with him much/at all. However occasionally, being right can mean that you are scum if being right means you have information you shouldn't have.

I am not right because I'm scum. I'm right because I analyze the facts. I told people not to give anyone candy for a pointless day-kill, but did anyone listen? No. Now two townies are dead because of pointless stupidity. I don't need to know who merk is to understand that.

apostateCourier posted:

Third, you want decisive evidence on day one? That isn't likely to happen. Do you usually not vote on day one? I find this at odds with your "obvious suspects" line. Getting tunnel vision is bad, leading to my next point.

We already have two people who have made kills in this game. That is the equivalent of two lynches, but even better because we know exactly who pulled the trigger.

apostateCourier posted:

Fourth, why would I NOT needle and poke and prod at people? That's what people do in this game. Why are you saying that it's not the right thing to do?

Because you're needling at the wrong people. All you're doing is just tunneling on me for whatever reason, and quite frankly, all of this ignorance and attacks on my personal character is pissing me off. Please, remember to show some respect in the future before you consider posting again, understand?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

Dude, it's mafia. Get over it. Questioning people's character is the point of the game. Maybe quit blustering about being besmirched and play some mafia. You say that the two vig kills are solid pieces of evidence. How about you share your analysis of that evidence?

You may be allowed to question other people, but that doesn't mean you're allowed to disrespect them.

Either way, if you would have just read what I just wrote, you would have been able to gather that that the kills themselves are evidence of the likelihood of scum. Here is an analogy to simplify things: When murders occur in the real world, court cases are required to find the guilty party. However, since the killers have already been revealed to us, the only choice we need to make is to see which guilty party gets hanged tonight. It's essentially the Prisoner's Dilemma brought down to a smaller scale.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

I think that's an overly simplistic way of looking at things. Town shoots town all the drat time when they have vigs.

You must be playing with some disgustingly self-destructive townies because that's a downright shameful display of mafia sportsmanship.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

##vote Somberbrero

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

http://tindeck.com/listen/sixh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

http://tindeck.com/listen/gxya

• Locked thread