Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##Holiday Halloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##Holiday Doe Day for the same reasons as Dragonatrix.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh hey, a dayvig up for grabs. Guys, maybe handing out candy willy-nilly isn't a good idea? It only takes one gift to scum (without having any taken from them) for them to get an extra kill.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Puntification posted:

That's all well and good but I don't think you get satanism. Willying and nillying is kinda our whole deal. Well that and blood sacrifices. As such ##trick ac

##holiday doe day

Taking stuff randomly is fine.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

I find this type of behavior to be quite suspicious. This is only the first day, and you say we can trust you to use a day-vig in the most town-way possible? Who can you determine to be scum so early into the game?

Also, you are being quite defensive about not being scum, which is a common ploy for scum to make. If you really weren't scum, you should have probably done something more modest like say, "I don't necessarily need the candy, but I do hope that whomever does get the day-vig skill uses it properly."

I don't know if you're new or not, but being greedy and glib with your actions usually results in a bad way (I, of all people should know. I've caused quite the pickle for myself in my heyday ). Even so, even if you were town, I think you might be too green to handle such a responsibility, so just in case there are people gullible enough to fall for something so blunt, I'm going to temper your action with one of my own:

##trick merk

That is a lot of words to say "merk is scum" without saying "merk is scum" with a whole lot of mafia dadding.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

What? I'm not going to say he's outright scum on the first day if that's the only response I have to go by. Do you think accusing me right now makes you look any better?

You seem to care a lot about what you look like.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

I'm assuming scum will get a dayvig regardless because while they can't Treat each other, it looks like they could Trick each other if they wanted to. So they have some means to redistribute the wealth of Diabolic Sweets.

True, but you only get one Trick. People can get to 3 unassisted, but to get 4 someone has to give you candy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##Trick Krell

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Punti tricked me.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

I have the candy vig. How did you get one?

I don't think there's a limit. Every time someone hits 4, another vig gets handed out.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Krell, because he disappeared after I called him out.

I gave one to punti and I gave one to ernie.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I don't like that Krell disappeared after I called him out.

##vote Krell Talk to me, Krell.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Strong gut read on AC. ##vote apostateCourier

I don't like the tone of this post either.

What about the tone throws you off? The bit where I said "hey maybe we shouldn't do a thing that could benefit scum without thinking about it first?"

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah. Obviously a daykill is dangerous. Seems awkward to state something that's already apparent.

On the other hand, people really like vigs. They're fun, and people like messing with fun mechanics like giving/stealing candy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

The whole "now now, let's not get TOO crazy" attitude is why that strikes me as off. Did anyone besides you express a desire for ~caution~?

No, and that's the point.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

I had to disappear because I have a career to go to on weekdays. Not everyone has the time to post on the forums 24/7.

Anyways, after recent outcomes, it appears that I have been proven right about the needless use of the day-vig that has been coveted by so many players. It was obvious that it could only lead to calamity, yet my warnings ended up being in vain.

The fact that you're accusing me for being negligent for going to my career rather than posting to defend myself seems like the most short-sighted of endeavors. Why do you think I am scum if the only thing I've been is right so far? I still find it suspicious that of all people you would go after me even though you have two obvious suspects in plain sight. Regardless, I'm going to hold my vote until I can see decisive evidence indicating true scum.

Several things.
First, our conversation happened over a series of minutes. There was no reason you couldn't have shot off a quick reply, instead you disappear just as the pressure gets put on. That is suspicious. I also really don't like the condescending tone.

Second, being right does not mean you aren't scum. Granted, you not knowing merk's reputation, okay. That's fine, I guess you haven't played with him much/at all. However occasionally, being right can mean that you are scum if being right means you have information you shouldn't have.

Third, you want decisive evidence on day one? That isn't likely to happen. Do you usually not vote on day one? I find this at odds with your "obvious suspects" line. Getting tunnel vision is bad, leading to my next point.

Fourth, why would I NOT needle and poke and prod at people? That's what people do in this game. Why are you saying that it's not the right thing to do?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

If you never gave merk candy then the only way it can work is if Dragonatrix gave his second treat to merk and AC is lying about giving a piece to you.

I gave a piece to Ernie. I checked and doublechecked my PM log to be sure, and I definitely gave a piece to Ernie.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity, walk me through your logic in saying that it HAS to be me lying.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Well that's 12 total and that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm done with this. Imagine me tearing up a notebook.

It makes sense if you consider that two people are dead. We could have lost two candies that way.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Yes I was serious.

Seems like this is significantly different from a normal C9++ game, if survivor is actually a role that can pop up. I was honestly about to slam a vote down based on an impossible claim but then I saw the words "based on."

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Actually, y'know what, yeah I'm going to do this. ##vote somber you done goofed.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

AC you are practically falling over yourself to put down an easy vote on someone based entirely on day one setup speculation.

It's more than I usually have to work with on day one. Survivor isn't on the list of possible roles, therefore you're scum. I straight up asked the mod for confirmation that it's a C9++ game, and he sent me a link to the post in which he posted the link for claims. Somber, you did a stupid thing in not looking up what a C9++ setup entails and are trying to save face, I do not believe that you are a survivor.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Somberbrero, Vanilla Town, was lynched Day 1.

gently caress you Somber, don't loving lie next time.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Let's talk set-up for a moment. Since this a C9++, tracking possible set-ups actually makes sense, and we have a few flips to work with at this point.

There's seven randomizing numbers to set up a C9++, and Rarity's flip tells us that one of those has to be a V. I was roleblocked last night, so either it was a town roleblock or scum. In either case, we know that there is a three-scum team. If we do not lynch scum today, tomorrow is LYLO. And because of the holiday, we will not get a flip, so we have to act like tomorrow's LYLO regardless.

How is it certain that there's a 3 scum team? There's at least one V, and at least one of whatever you are, unless your role requires two of a letter in which case you would be correct.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

How is it certain that there's a 3 scum team? There's at least one V, and at least one of whatever you are, unless your role requires two of a letter in which case you would be correct.

Oh, I'm dumb. The presence of a roleblocker guarantees a 3-scum team by virtue of the number of letters required.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I would definitely like to have merk confirmed.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Puntification posted:

Having merk confirmed would be nice but maybe we should try to bully someone we suspect as scum to hammer?

I would like Krell to hammer.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I like this plan as well. Should I put the fourth vote down, then?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote 100yrs

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

http://tindeck.com/listen/udjx
http://tindeck.com/listen/kaak

##vote Krell

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

http://tindeck.com/listen/ahxw

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

http://tindeck.com/listen/bfff
##Holiday Memorial Day

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

http://tindeck.com/listen/xpru

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

http://tindeck.com/listen/uuba

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Let's talk set-up for a moment. Since this a C9++, tracking possible set-ups actually makes sense, and we have a few flips to work with at this point.

There's seven randomizing numbers to set up a C9++, and Rarity's flip tells us that one of those has to be a V. I was roleblocked last night, so either it was a town roleblock or scum. In either case, we know that there is a three-scum team. If we do not lynch scum today, tomorrow is LYLO. And because of the holiday, we will not get a flip, so we have to act like tomorrow's LYLO regardless.

Byers2142 posted:

It's the end of the game as we know it, and I feel like taking a step back. 1

Cuz we're in LYLO for sure
Maybe we should take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow (Take it slow oh oh ohh)
This time we'll take it slow 2

It's time we have no secrets
We tell each other everything
like I'm a one-shot cop
and Ernie showed town last night3

Now I ain't sayin' he a godfather
But he ain't playin' like no town playa4

You are SCUM and I cannot lie,
You other brothers can't deny,
When a guy walks in with a lovely lovely claim
and a big lie in your face
he gets LYNCHED

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I believe we can vote, I believe we can kill a scum,
I think about it every night and day
##vote uranus

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Wait. The gently caress? When did my BP go off and why wasn't I informed?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

The vig wasn't on me, none of the nightkills were on me, damnit Mac

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I am the worst mod in history. I should really quit mafia.

I had a shot at an SK win my first time being SK and you ruined it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Explanation: I forgot. You actually win. I hosed up. This has been a very bad week for me mafia-wise.

Well, no, I would have had to convince the townie to vote Ernie. I would have voted ernie at the start of the day if he wasn't dead.

• Locked thread