Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yes. ##Holiday Sesame Day! Hopefully this gets started soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've begun to read Somberbrero's name as Scumbrero for what it's worth.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A halloween that doesn't replicate those glorious festivals of my 9-12 years old where I would come home with pillowcase after pillowcase of candy isn't really halloween for me. I also have no idea what the heck sesame day is and I'm curious to find out. Last request just sounds morbid.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

i'm in just to play with 100yrs

Aw I'm flattered. Promise not to suck too much. Or are you just trying to develop a system to perfectly read me every single time?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Who wants diabetes? I'm giving out fun sized Crunch bars and small packets of Haribo gummi bears.

##holiday Doe Day. The idea got in my head that it's about Bambi's mom and now I need to know the truth.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm trying to figure out a method to how people are tricking one another but it seems like it's being done out of plain spite. Way to bring on a hateful halloween.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Still working out the numbers and 8 of us have tricked already. The most interesting statistic is that merk officially has been tricked out of all candy, though he's still able to get some back. Krell and Rarity were responsible for that. Of those two Krell's by far the most antagonistic with his trick.

Ninja: I'm keeping track of this and I'll put up a list if you want whenever.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Token Female posted:

I want to see this list! Don't keep me waiting!

Rarity tricked merk
Uranus tricked BN
Byers tricked Rarity
Dragon tricked 100yrs
Harold Tricked merk
Somberbrero tricked Byers
Ernie tricked punt
Apostate tricked krell

100yrs- 1
Apostate- 3
BN- 1
Byers- 2
Dragon- 3
Ernie- 3
Karold- 2
Merk- 0
Punt-1
Rarity- 2
Somber- 3
Token- 2
Uranus- 3

Kept the typos and all. Underline means they've tricked. Obviously I can't keep track of gifts but yeah this is a start. I think it's right anyway.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

Ac is right I did trick here. Because I'm a devil-may-care rebel I'm willing to tell you I've given away 2 candies so now have zero at the moment thanks to someone.

Well you can fix it as needed but I've marked it down. Thanks.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't wanna be that guy but I don't think we're allowed to post...

Little Mac posted:

The rules are also normal:

Rules
    Don't post after hammers or daykills.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

merk posted:

I would like everyone to name a person you'd like me to kill and why.

Right so assuming you're trustworthy (and the only reason not to trust you is your initial insistence for the candy but seeing how you play that seems about right) this is what I think.

BN has some empty jokey posts, but he did give you candy and giving for me feels inherently town. I don't see why scum would want to be passing around day kills. They may have a less of a chance of getting shot but they each need member alive more than we do. So not BN.

A lot of Krell's response to you rings overly aggressive and justified. The only sentence that reads town:

Harold Krell posted:

I'm going to temper your action with one of my own:

Bold is mine. It's a pretty lenient word, he just wants to make sure you don't get too ahead of yourself. He doesn't seem himself as completely stopping you, just momentarily. I don't know that sort of subliminal admittance of his own weakness seems ok enough for me.

Puntification posted:

If little mac is gonna be continually updating the treat tally, we could always try to have a transparency policy on who's giving what to whom?

I don't get Ernie's vote on Punt and would need that explained. Punt's above comment is really helpful since givers can't be scum buddies to whomever they gave. It could get us some confirmed town later in the game.

Don't like how Uranus shot so fast, no consultation, and his general fake claims are more of a distraction than anything else.

Rarity trick on you and absence is slightly suspect but that's lurker logic.

TLDR

I would say Uranus, Rarity, then Ernie, but I'd rather you didn't shoot and sat on it for a bit cause I'm nowhere sold on any of these, not even to comfortably vote them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

uranus's fake claims are a metajoke.

Not a joke I get. It works I guess cause I end up ignoring him until he starts posting things of more gravity.

Puntification posted:

As I understand it ernie's post voting me was suggesting I was asking uranus's opinion of Krell so I didn't have to take responsibility for voting him when he flipped town.

Seems a bit rash that early on.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

merk posted:

I want more candy claims.

I haven't given anyone candy.

What about BN's giving you candy seemed off to you? I know I'm trusting and I'd fall for that personally but still.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

merk posted:

I almost shot 100Yrs.

Thanks.

merk posted:

After asking 100Yrs to give me a piece of candy so I'd be confirmed town if he flipped scum.

But then are you hunting for scum or just looking for a way to confirm yourself?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah but do you have a priority?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

merk posted:

What is your point anyway? Is trying to confirm myself as town somehow scummy to you? How is that possibly scummy?

There's something there for me in the intent. I'm probably over thinking it. Like, which of the two actions would be more pro-town, and which seemed more selfish ie scummy. I would say a drive to be a confirmed town would initially be more selfish but would certainly help town. Attempt to nail scum with a daykill would be I think overall pro town move, but that seemed to be less your motivation since you're just aiming for people that'd give you a confirmed status were they scum.

It's the act of being selfish for me that's scummy. I don't think town should be selfish.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

The whole "now now, let's not get TOO crazy" attitude is why that strikes me as off. Did anyone besides you express a desire for ~caution~?

I did earlier when I told merk I'd rather he shoot no one.

In regards to my "non cases", there's a reason why I haven't voted. I've been trying to air out my thoughts and just write down my perception of things. Maybe I should have more conviction? But as everyone readily sees most of my thoughts are pretty empty, at least they're nothing I would be able to vote on with confidence, especially cause when playing mafia my number 1 rule is that I'm always wrong. It wasn't an attempt to vote leap behind anyone else either. At any rate the way Dragon moved his vote over onto me is suspicious because he first says he gets what I'm saying but then votes me anyway. I could see a scum team between them and rarity whose earlier vote on Dragon just gets switched because Dragon's new. Rarity's reason to vote BN is awful and it's just buddying up to merk. Would vote either and will ##vote Rarity.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rarity posted:

Of course I switch if Dragon is new. We don't D1 lynch first time players.

I know that. But it's the way you switched off. Seems like a convenient excuse for a gentle bus.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rarity posted:

I've said this before too. I want town to have the candy. There is one player in this game I know is town. Me. Hence why I want my candy to stay with me. Is everyone going to follow this logic? No. There's no way all three of you, AC and Dragon are scum but I think it's likely that at least one of you is.

I get what you're saying here. Very good pro-town reasons why they'd be keeping candy Punt.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

Either way, there's too much noise about a mechanic that won't really tell us anything until our first flip, and not enough talking about our first flip.

Uranus is still a bad guy. If he's not bad guy then Puntification is but not because of anything Punti did/said to Uranus.

Puntification posted:

token still has her candy despite being dead in the previous tally but lets stop talking candy and start playing mafia.

These are great ideas. I initially thought candy'd be a good way to actually avoid joke posting but turns out we're just talking circles.

My vote on Rarity is a bit whatever that acronym is, but I didn't care for their early game, their move off dragon, and the increased focus on candy chat. Only thing they've got right is how town should be pro-candy/protective of it. We're 100% in agreement on that matter.

AC's vote on Krell is some weird tunneling. His recent vote on Somber is stupid. There's no reason why we should waste our only tool on a survivor, at least not this early in the game. If anything Ernie should just vig him, sure doesn't seem like he'd have a problem doing that, but that's still a waste of killing.

Merk's an arrogant butt but he's probably town.

I'm finding Uranus' posting more pointless than usual. I feel like that's what happens when he's scum but I remember anymore. The only worthwhile thing I feel he's done is his giving Ernie candy, which could at least confirm him. Uranus have you ever given more reason as to why you shot token female, besides the fact she felt it'd be better to think about the vig shot over using it immediately?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

uranus posted:

you know the answer to that question 100yrs so why dont you just say it instead of passively trying to make me look scum in a roundabout way.

Because I'm terribly passive-aggressive and it's a really bad personality trait that I should work on.

But no you haven't. Will you give more reason? Can you? Or was that it?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Byers2142 posted:

...personality flaw.

Trust me when I say it is, any game of mine no matter the alliance, has me writing the same way.

Puntification posted:

Cheerleading rarity's candy giving is suspect position, I think stuff like candy giving are situations where the scum consider more carefully what their behaviour says about their alignment and we can expect them potentially to act more conservatively, it's interesting that 100yrs feels the need to tell me there are good pro-town reasons to keep candy it seems defensive to me because of this...

Their initial position is quite different:

So giving is town but...

Scumslip?
So yeah I think ##vote 100yrs is our best option.

A lack of self-confidence is town as far as I'm concerned. Since you've got nothing to rely on it's healthy to have self doubt, I find it's scum who are far more zealous in their approach to the game.

I'll be clear here: while it may seem contradictory what I said you could understand why town would keep their candy. It's pro town because our crucial power roles needed one to function. Scum probably figured that out and decided to go after the players who were claiming the very thing.

Town, when vanilla, can easily give candy away cause they have no night action to worry about. Scum can't give one away for the same reason.

I thought that was all pretty obvious but clearly I have way different ways of perceiving things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##lexicon day

##vote 100yrs

• Locked thread