Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tucked away on the outskirts of the big city is a little town full of simple folk called Carrot Cake Village. They're the kind who still believe in folk tales and togetherness and family values and all that other useless crap. They've got farms and little inns and shops and poo poo, totally quaint. Totally quiet. Totally ripe for the picking.

Why that last part? Oh, it's because from the neighboring big city, the mafia has moved into town.

See, turns out our little town is sitting on some primo real estate. It's not just because the place would make a perfect hideout for the gang of criminals, it's because this place is literally sitting on a stockpile of hidden gold, buried for years by the city's founder, former President James K. Polk.

So the Mafia has moved in, ready to take control. As they prepare to take the podium and town square and declare their rightful place with tommy guns a'blazing, they are confronted by the megaphoned voice of Mayor Mac.

"Citizens!" he says, booming over the town, "now, don't get too excited, but the moment you've been waiting for is here! The town has voted, as it does on every issue, and Holiday Month is here! Every day of the month we'll celebrate a different holiday! Hooray!"

"Hooray!" the town cries back.

"Hooray," sighs the mafia.

Looks like they'll have to play by the rules if they want to oust the town. Too bad no one has any idea what they've got in store.

Welcome to Holiday Mafia. This is a normal mafia game with mostly normal roles for 13 players, based on a C9++ setup. If you've played Mafia before you've seen just about everything there is to see role-wise here. The rules are also normal:

Rules
    No editing your posts.
    No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
    Don't post your role PM.
    Don't spectator-post.
    Don't post after hammers or daykills.
    Don't post after dying.
    Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
    Don't lurk. I will tell you if I don't think you're posting enough.
    Don't go against the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is inviting and fun.
    Be nice!

Holidays
The trick to this game is the Holiday system. Each day, in addition to voting for the chosen lynch target, the town must also vote for the next Holiday we will all celebrate together. Each day three of the possible sixty Holidays will be listed. You will only receive a Holiday's name but you will not know what effect the chosen day will have on the game until it is selected. It could be anything from affecting powers to post restrictions, from votes to ghosts. Votes for Holidays are bolded with the command ##holiday *name*

To that end, when you sign up, please vote for one of the first three chosen Holidays below:
Halloween
Last Request Day
Sesame Day

Signups begin now:

Player List
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. apostateCourier
  3. Big Nothing
  4. Byers2142
  5. Dragonatrix
  6. Ernie.
  7. Harold Krell
  8. merk
  9. Puntification
  10. Rarity
  11. Somberbrero
  12. Token Female
  13. uranus

Replacement: Hal Incandenza

Holidays
Day 1 - Halloween

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Please make sure you vote for the opening Holiday!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

3 slots left! We can start later tonight if we fill up tonight!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Just... just one more...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

If I buy another account can both be signed up for this game?

Ye-- hmmmno. Y- NO.

No.

I guess not.

Probably...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Okay, signups are closed. It's super late now, though, so the game will start tomorrow evening.

Ah gently caress it. Sending tonight.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 12, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The sun rises on Carrot Cake Village and the light spreads across the quaint village waking the populace to another joyous day! Mayor Mac stands on a platform in the middle of town and, instead of speaking on his megaphone, presses a button a portable boombox and plays a song incredibly loudly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oN9jhPnXgs

"Fellow townsfolk, it's a JOYOUS Halloween!" he laughs. "Now, of course, we celebrate Halloween the same way all other towns do, but I've made it so we've got a bit of a headstart. Which is good because you've voted for one of the more confusing holidays to celebrate! The rules of our quaint village Halloween are as such:

"Players begin the day with two pieces of candy. They can give a candy to a player by PMing the mod ##treat playername. The receiver will not know who gave them the candy and you may only give candy to that person one time before giving candy to someone else. Once per day each player may use the command ##trick playername in the thread to take one of their candies, if applicable. If a player has four candies at any time, they immediately receive a one-shot dayvig kill that must be used today (and devouring all the candies). A player with no candies at the end of the day may not use a night action, as they’ll have to go door to door looking for some. Please note that while we can't govern who you do and do not give candies to, we're keeping a close eye on you and scum cannot give candies to other scum.

"Of course you could just have a normal day by avoiding all that and not having any candy at all, but that'd be no fun. So if no candy is exchanged then all town-related roles must stay home!

"If you have any questions about those complicated rules I guess ask. You couldn't have picked something simpler like... oh, anything? You Satanists and your love for rules! Anywho, the game's afoot! I want you out there, people, keeping a close eye on anyone in town who seems suspicious!

"It's now Day One of our LOVELY Holiday Month! With 13 left alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is Monday evening but I hate it when people wait to deadline, don't you? Additionally, while you're searching for nogoodniks, would you be so kind as to choose from one of the following three Holidays for tomorrow?"

Day 2 Holiday Choices
Founder's Day
Doe Day
ADD Awareness Day

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh, also for the record sample role PMs are here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B#Example_Role_PM.27s with only minor flavor added to each.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Official Candy Tally

Merk - 3
Somberbrero - 3
Uranus - 1
100yrsofattitude - 1
Apostatecourier - 1
Dragonatrix - 3
Byers2142 - 1
Puntification - 1
Rarity - 2
Token Female - 2
Big nothing - 0
Ernie - 3
Harold Krell - 2

Reminder that if you are treated to candy you are not notified. These tallies will appear at random intervals so be aware!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Uranus, fueled by candy and Satan, removes a piece of black candy from his dark gullet. He finds Token Female and forces it into her mouth. She gags for a bit before a viscous black fluid erupts from her mouth and eyes. She dies, screaming.

Token Female, Vanilla Town, has died Day One.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Merk, his veins filled with taffy and his muscles fueled by pure Pixi Stick, grabs Big Nothing and rips him in two. BN's halves pour onto the ground.

Big Nothing, Vanilla Town, has died Day One.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Official Candy Tally

1. merk 0
2. Somberbrero 2
3. uranus 1
4. 100YrsofAttitude 1
5. apostateCourier 1
6. Dragonatrix 1
7. Byers2142 2
8. Puntification 1
9. Rarity 2
10. Token Female 2
11. Big Nothing 0
12. Ernie. 3
13. Harold Krell 2

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sorry about the above votecount, it did not take into account vigged players. Correct votecount is below:

Votecount for Day 1

100YrsofAttitude (3): merk, Rarity, Dragonatrix
Ernie. (1): Puntification
uranus (1): Ernie.
Harold Krell (1): apostateCourier
Rarity (1): 100YrsofAttitude
apostateCourier (1): Somberbrero
Somberbrero (0): Byers2142, Byers2142
Puntification (0): Ernie., Somberbrero, Ernie., Somberbrero
Dragonatrix (0): Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (3): Byers2142, Harold Krell, uranus

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2014 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Official Candy Tally

1. merk 0
2. Somberbrero 2
3. uranus 1
4. 100YrsofAttitude 1
5. apostateCourier 1
6. Dragonatrix 1
7. Byers2142 2
8. Puntification 1
9. Rarity 2
10. Token Female 2
11. Big Nothing 0
12. Ernie. 3
13. Harold Krell 2

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

There is a slight miscount in the numbers, but it's not too far off from what I've posted. Not sure where the mixup is, but I apologize.

1. merk 0
2. Somberbrero 1
3. uranus 0
4. 100YrsofAttitude 1
5. apostateCourier 0
6. Dragonatrix 2
7. Byers2142 2
8. Puntification 1
9. Rarity 2
12. Ernie. 1
13. Harold Krell 2

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mayor Mac stands behind a podium on a large wooden stage. Somberbrero is led onto the stage by a large man in a black hood and he's tied to a wooden stake.

"Halloween has been GHASTLY so far, fiends and loved ones!" he laughs. "I hope, however, that on THIS Mischief Night you all know well enough to leave people alone. No killing, eh, mafia- er, people?" The Mayor twitches nervously.

"Enough about murder, though," he continues, turning towards Somber. "It's time for our annual Halloween celebration! As the sun goes down and the creatures of our Great Lord Satan rise from the bowels of his infernal pain dimension, we desire the one true Pumpkin King to come to our aid!" The Mayor places a pumpkin over Somber's head as villagers with lit torches advance on the wooden stake. Slowly they tiptoe, the wind blowing their flames to and fro. Finally, they light Somber on fire and he dies screaming, his voice muffled by the Jack O'Lantern that burns around him.

Somberbrero, Vanilla Town, was lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions, but the earlier the better!

Final Candy Tally
1. merk 0
3. uranus 0
4. 100YrsofAttitude 1
5. apostateCourier 0
6. Dragonatrix 2
7. Byers2142 2
8. Puntification 1
9. Rarity 2
12. Ernie. 1
13. Harold Krell 2

Tomorrow's Holiday
Doe Day

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The sun rose on the tiny shire as Mayor Mac took the stage once again. Finally he was ready to talk to his fellow man.

"Ahem," he coughed into the mic, "so Halloween might've been, er, ill-advised. Turns out candy somehow directly translates into murders, go figure. Anywho, there seems to have been one more murder last night. The poor girl never stood a chance. We found her dumped in the town square this morning. I regret to inform you that

"Rarity, One-Shot Night-Vigilante Town, was killed Night 1.

"Onto more pressing matters, like our next celebration! Today is Doe Day, in honor a wonderful man I once read about. I've heard many stories of this remarkable fellow, Mr. Doe, whose true identity always seemed shrouded in mystery. So to honor Mr. John Doe, The lynched player's role and/or alignment will NOT be revealed to the town, however the person who last votes for the lynchee will flip instead (though they'll still live). Please be aware that we are not rambunctious rabble rousers and will not go through the belongings of the deceased to find their true identity! We RESPECT the need for privacy, even into that great beyond!"

With that, the Mayor tipped his hat and let loose a smoke bomb. When the smoke cleared, he was gone.

Today's Holiday Choices
Lexicon Day
Elliot Moore Day
Harold Krell's Birthday

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

100yrs stands on the stage in the center of town, a hood over his head. Mayor Mac stands next to him, holding a sharpened axe.

"The man being executed today will take his secrets to his grave," says the Mayor. "We will honor and appreciate this sacrifice as we also unveil the secrets of his executioner! Now, who will step up to the plate, take this axe from my hand, and tell the world who they truly are! Who will be this man's death-dealer!"

Suddenly, 100yrs removes his hood and snatches the axe.

"IT WAS ME," he screams. "IT WAS ME ALLLL ALONGGGGG!!!"

Then he sends the axe into his own throat. Blood spurts everywhere, then he pulls out the axe and swings it back into the wound. He does it a third time and his head rolls off and onto the ground. Out of the neck hole comes a note - a signed mafia contract.

100yrsofattitude, Scum Roleblocker, has been lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please submit night actions ASAP.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mayor Mac stands in the center of town and holds up a bag that seems to be red and dripping with liquid. He throws it on the ground and out comes a pile of body parts and a small gleaming badge.

Puntification, Town Cop, has been killed Night 2.

"Sad day," the Mayor weeps, "Punt was a good man and a good cop. BUT MOVING ON, today we celebrate another good man, the savior of mankind. When just months ago we were attacked by the flora of the world a man named Elliot Moore came from seemingly nowhere and, with his vapid wife and stolen child, helped talk down the menace of the trees. He was like a reverse Lorax, I guess. All of us remember the greatest part of his tale, when Moore stood in and abandoned home and spoke to a plastic tree for all of us. Today, we honor that.

"Posts may be made ONLY by making voice recordings and posting a link them. A post that contains normal text will result in an instant modkill. Urls to the recording must be posted sans formatting (i.e. using the url BBcode to create a link to a recording that is anything other than the url will result in a modkill). Bolded vote text is unaffected by this rule.

"Happy hunting, townsfolk!"

The Mayor opens a portal into another dimension and appears inside.

Today's Holiday Choices
Election Day
Language Day
Memorial Day

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 17, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I have told other people who have contacted me that text-to-speech is okay, but I'd prefer actual recordings.

Little Mac, Town Mayor, has been modkilled.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

http://tts.imtranslator.net/UGdL

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

omg

Also there was a hammer.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Clawing his way from the grave, Mayor Mac erupts from a hole to Hell and then summarily tosses Harold Krell inside. Krell's flesh flies back out in fountain of gore, blood, and stethoscopes.

Harold Krell, Town Doctor, has been lynched Day 3.

The Mayor then speaks into a microphone.

"Today was a JOYOUS celebration and everyone did their part! It was a rousing success! The trees have spoken to us and we have spoken back and, as a just reward, the thread will stay open tonight. You may post as normal during the night of Elliot Moore Day.

"It is now Night 3. Get those night actions in within 24 hours and get ready for tomorrow's Language Day!"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The sun rises on the little shire that has, as of late, been tinted red with blood. Mayor Mac holds a boombox above him and is dressed a lot like John Cusack in the movie "Say Anything." Suddenly, the box spews open and Merk's corpse tumbles to the ground.

Merk, Vanilla Town, has died Night 3.

"Oops, wrong boombox," the Mayor sighs. "Just as well. This whole gimmick was to introduce Language Day, but I don't think it's gonna cut it. Everyone has so much fun yesterday, you must have been innately drawn to another day of post restrictions! This one's a little easier, though. We're not celebrating any language, but the Universal Language: MUSIC! All posts made today must include a song lyric weaved into your post. It should make sense in the context of the point you're trying to make. Please format the lyric/s you use with a link to a site containing the lyrics you've used. Failure to make a post without lyrics will result in a modkill, though posts that just include vote text are exempt from this rule.

"Happy hunting, kids!"

Today's Holiday Choices

Strom Thurmond Day
Groundhog Day
New Neighbor Day

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Please note: You don't get modkilled for not having links to your lyrics but it saves me a lot of time looking it up if I don't know the song.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That's hammer.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Uranus walks up to Mayor Mac, who is standing in the center of town waiting for him. A full marching band begins playing and then they march - ever onward - playing a joyous melody that echoes throughout the once-thriving town. Uranus can only stand in horror as the band marches toward him, and then over him, crushing his body into a paste of blood and ground bone.

Uranus, Vanilla Town, has been lynched Day 4.

It is now Night 4. Please turn in your night actions.

Tomorrow's Holiday
Groundhog Day

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EDIT: Ending redacted.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 21, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

game is null

Moddoc
Scumdoc
Deathdoc

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 21, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

apostateCourier posted:

Wait. The gently caress? When did my BP go off and why wasn't I informed?

I am the worst mod in history. I should really quit mafia.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Explanation: I forgot. You actually win. I hosed up. This has been a very bad week for me mafia-wise. I apologize. I'm done.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Consider it a win, then. Ernie wasn't even paying attention. You would've had it. Sorry.

Edit: Obviously I wasn't paying attention, either. Auuugghhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's supergreat just how incompetent I seem in a community I care about this week! It is really awesome! Closing this thread.

• Locked thread