Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Age of Ultron late in the season. There's already been a possible Agents of Shield tie-in being seen filmed for it, but it has yet to get any hard confirmation I believe:

There's some sort of "Avengers Academy" being developed in the movie, with Triplett as one of the instructors. So I assume he'll hang around with the team for awhile, then leave to go work on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Wonder if we might get a Nova Corps cameo this season, possibly John C. Reilly? He's not against doing a lot of random TV work.

ABC tie-in wise, both Emily VanCamp and Karen Gillan are on ABC shows now. I doubt Nebula would make a cameo (especially since she has her hair back now), but Sharon Carter seems like an obvious go to, especially if they want to somehow tie into the Peggy Carter series.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Mockingbird's hero costume is being previewing on Marvel.com:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23510/get_tactical_with_your_first_look_at_mockingbirds_suit_in_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I really hope that was a planned goal in the costume design, I'm guessing though that there are no heels because Adrianne Palicki is already really tall.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

With Inhumans being so far off, it really makes me begin to doubt how involved that angle is with what's currently going on in this show. Feige did say though that the Inhumans content was coming "sooner than we think", so who knows. Though if that's still just applying to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, then I guess it's just as likely SHIELD could involve that angle too since the twins are already involved at this point in the timeline via Winter Soldier.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

Either that or he single-handedly (triple?) crosses Hydra and fucks them so hard they can hardly recover. Therefore solidifying his "I'm back on the team but no one trusts me at all, but I'll work on it" plot line for season 3.

I think it'll be this. He'll be out there working an angle to try to get in Skye's good graces.

Not sure if they'll address it or not, but it might find weight if they mention if he killed anyone during his escape. Obviously he put some hurt on the FBI people, but I'm not sure if there was any killing there or not.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Well Flash is getting close but is not averaging quite as well as this. And Arrow is several tenths of a point lower. With the ABC average being so low and Disney/Marvel looking to push it there's a more than decent chance it gets renewed unless the ratings crater.

If they decide to remove it from ABC, I wonder if Disney would be willing to work a Netflix-type deal with future seasons of Peggy Carter/SHIELD with someone like Amazon. They could still do the weekly release and ensure there's a tie in for the movies still running.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

He was seen on set in costume.

Wasn't it actually "Fuzzy pictures of a black actor were taken by a fan from far away that looks like it could be Triplett"(?) I still don't think it's been 100% it was actually him as of yet.

Not that I'm doubting it's not him, I think it probably is, if only to explain why he's being kept around on the show, but given little to do.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Really enjoyed those two episodes. If this gets a season 2, and Atwell gets her way in getting a time jump (she's stated in recent interviews), would love to see the show tackle the crazy 50s Cap since it looks like Captain America 3 won't actually be covering that.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

While I know Mrs. Jarvis didn't exactly need to be cast, her not appearing makes me wonder if there's more to Jarvis himself. Obviously he could be human, but we did see Dr. Phineas Horton's Synthetic Man in Captain America 1... And Vision via J.A.R.V.I.S is a part of Age of Ultron... Jarvis has to be home every night (to recharge)?..

Possibly but not possibly Stark got ahold of him and uploaded a new personality onto Horton's failed project? Something which is then dusted off again years later in Ultron? It could all logically fit and would be pretty awesome if true, but I'm not sure if they would go there or not. As it is now, he's just an awesome polite gentleman. The kind which would probably inspire the young Tony if the elder Jarvis was still around to take care of him in place of his lovely absent father.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Seemed obvious that the killer was the new next door neighbor, I'm guessing she's Iowan by way of Russia.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

More about Dottie and the Black Widow thing from an interview with the showrunners:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/28/marvels-agent-carter-dottie-black-widow

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

A few of you were mentioning the Netflix series, the Daredevil preview trailer will go up tomorrow:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/first-daredevil-footage-debuts-teaser-trailer-coming-wednesday-on-ign?abthid=54d108eb33c9e3d161000009

I believe that will be the first official footage released to the public.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Really hoping for a season 2, especially if they can do the "insane" 50's Captain America storyline which was joked about for Cap 3. Already have a potential "in" with Steve's blood this season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

Serpent Society

Not the Serpent Society one, the William Burnside / Grand Director one.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/insane-1950s-cap-story-hinted-for-captain-america-3/94106
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Director

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hmmm:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/330891-a-new-daredevil-still-teases-absorbing-man-connection#/slide/1

Ignorant promotional material people, Crusher fighting Jack when he was real young or dumb plot hole?

They would have been filming around the same time last year. Seems like Brian Patrick Wade could have filmed SHIELD first, then possibly have done a cameo for Daredevil.

Of course he may not even appear in the show, probably just set dressing or an out of continuity promo image.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

She seems to be recognized by her co-workers know, she's just not given any credit beyond the agency at this point.

Her main arc though was putting Steve behind her, she also got her professional life to a better place, where even if she's not publicly lauded, she is respected by those she works with again.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

I thought Marvel doesn't have the rights to the Skrulls because they're tied up with Fantastic Four movie rights?

From what I remember, they have the Skrulls, just not Super-Skrull.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Going into Age of Ultron, do we know the timetable for when Tony started the Ultron program? If it's already up and running by the time the movie starts, then maybe Bobbi and Mac are working for Ultron but don't know it? Or maybe they do?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well, if they're working for Hill/Stark/Ultron, then that's a project designed to completely replace the "broken" SHIELD. So there wouldn't be a need for Team Coulson any longer, which they might not take kindly to.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Tyree posted:

Maria Hill being the one to show up to confirm that Bobbi and Mack are working for Stark is more practical.

As for people showing up, what about Crossbones or Agent 13? Would Van Camp already being on an ABC show make it weirder, or easier?

Maria Hill seems most likely if it is an Ultron thing. With RDJ's name dropping the show quite frequently though, seems like we might get a stealth surprise cameo out of it. i.e. the episode is touted as featuring Hill again, then Stark shows up at the very end. I'm just not sure how you can have Stark show up without addressing the "Coulson is alive" situation, since that seems like it would be worth more than an off hand line or outright ignoring of it.

I keep waiting for Revenge to get cancelled and for Emily VanCamp to move over to Shield. Seems like an easy transition, and I would think the producers would want to snap her up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Lycus posted:

That's still not cancelled?

Nope. It's ratings have been cratering season after season. Not sure why ABC is keeping it going, this seems like it should be the last season for it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The origami unicorns he's creating out of your checks are a hint that you're a replicant.

Hopefully the show makes good use of Olmos. He would certainly have the gravitas for a good villain role.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I wonder if Deathlok would be vulnerable to Ultron. Seems like a feasible way to get Ultron into the show and save on the budget.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Not sure how I feel about the spinoff thing, as I'm hoping it won't ultimately affect Peggy Carter's chances of renewal.

If R.E.A.L. S.H.I.E.L.D. sticks around, I wonder if they'll come back into the fold and morph into S.W.O.R.D. or something for the spinoff, which would allow them to focus on the extra-terrestrial threats while S.H.I.E.L.D. handles the earth bound stuff. You then move Mack, Hunter and Bobbi over to that show and keep the original cast around for original show. You then introduce Abigail Brand as the lead after Gonzales gets killed and maybe add an alien or two to the team.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol these are some weak rear end tie-ins / references.

The NYC destruction from the first Avengers is actually a fairly big deal about the underlining rise of the Kingpin from what I understand, as the corruption from all the reconstruction contracts is one of the ways he's rising in power.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Or do both? They could actually produce the New Warriors reality TV show.

I had this thought too, it would actually be a pretty nifty take. Clearly go in with it being a two season show, with it be a faux-docu limited series culminating in the mess from the comics. Then have Civil War, and pick up season 2 dealing with all the fallout.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Revenge is ending this season so I wonder if the main actress will move over into SHIELD or its spin-off.

Hoping that's the case, seems like the perfect way to build into Civil War next season, since I'm guessing she'll have some sort of role in it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Agent Carter will be moving from NYC to Los Angeles in season 2:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/agent-carter-season-2-will-change-the-shows-location?abthid=555231f3b24ef06a5700001a

I believe the showrunners discussed that as one angle they were thinking about taking if they got a season 2. I'm guessing that is also being done to help the budget since there was a lot of building FX shots in season 1.

Wonder what this will mean for any returning cast. Would be nice for Jarvis and Sousa to return at least.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Interesting article on the development and design of Raina's Inhuman look:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2155977/agents-of-shield-inhumans-marvel-raina-behind-the-scenes/

Features everyone's favorite Face Off steam punk loving judge.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 12, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Post-finale interviews:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-season2-finale-simmons
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-season2-finale-secret-warriors
http://news.yahoo.com/agents-shield-ep-simmons-fate-finales-secret-warriors-060041444.html

Teek fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 13, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Using Marvel's full TV/Movie catalog, I think there's a chance it could actually support a channel, Star Wars not as much.

It would probably just turn into the Incredible Hulk and X-men Animated series channel though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yay:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/30/agent-carter-season-2-james-darcy-enver-gjokaj

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Mockingbird spin-off is (potentially) back on as "Marvel’s Most Wanted":

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/marvel-mockingbird-spinoff-series-most-wanted-adrianne-palicki-nick-blood-abc-1201574713/

Getting at least a pilot order.

I'm wondering if the Inhumans and Secret Warriors angle is taking on a substantial enough role that there's more growth opportunities for this part of the universe. Agents of Shield will keep with that, while Mockingbird and Hunter are more free to do their romantic dramedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Error 404 posted:

Are you guys Hyde?

Cuz I'm Hyde as gently caress.

• Locked thread