Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I like that they're building up Skye to be a great agent first and that her powers will be secondary to her skill set, instead of the other way around. That said, I'm all for tacky training montages!

(God I'm excited to see how they keep using Secret Warriors as inspiration for the show. I hope we get to see bits and pieces of Daisy's future team as the show goes on. We already have Creel running around so Stonewall should be an easy in! And with Whitehall getting offed, and the whole, cut off a head and 2 more grow in its place, we have evil May as the obvious analogue for Madame Hydra, would it be too far fetched for Ward to eventually take on the Kraken persona?)

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Deakul posted:

What's the matter... can't handle the fact that it's a WOMAN'S world now? Don't you love her fabulous hats? Sometimes the best man for the job... is a WOMAN! She's a strong independent woman who don't need no MAN! :wink:

I read this in Tina Belcher's voice.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Just got around to watching this and drat I'm impressed! With Leviathan popping up I'm not sure my poor nerd heart can take all this Secret Warriors referencing. I really hope this carries into Agents of SHIELD if they're going to go the same track as in the comics.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Polaron posted:

Weren't they actually the ones who created the Winter Soldier in the comics?

He was turned into a soviet assassin, but the Leviathan stuff was written after Brubaker brought Bucky back to life, and time-line wise I think it happened after Leviathan went into cold storage? I could be wrong though. I could see them tying the two together in the MCU though.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You know what my first though was when Kaminski got killed was? Jarvis was really worried about leaving a witness behind... what if this mysterious assassin is JARVIS? I mean, that does seem a little too ruthless, and it would certainly turn the viewers against him, but I don't think it's completely improbable.

Oh, well. That's a good reason.

Fedora guy was watching Jarvis and Peggy at the harbor though.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Slamhound posted:

Ask them if Ward hosed the dog, May shot the dog, and if the dog is an Inhuman.

oh my god Ward hosed Lockjaw?!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

mikeraskol posted:

Chad Michael Murray has taken a major heel turn now that he's in charge. He was slightly more reasonable before.

I've never seen him in anything that isn't a douchey role.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Welp. Guess we know what Leviathan was after.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Daaaamn.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

If AoS was completely isolated from the MCU I'd still enjoy the hell out of it. Season 2 has been killing it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hahahaha it's Chucky from Shameless!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Someone's going to have to do a supercut of all the times Peggy smashes people. It's somehow always satisfying.

I love how she doesn't gently caress around with fancy moves. She's blunt and powerful in a fight.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Renewal or not, this is loving kickass television. If ratings don't vindicate it, Netflix and word of mouth will.

Yeah, I'm desperately hoping Netflix will pick this up if ABC decides they're done with it. They've already got a stable of minis coming out and this would fit in right with them.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

It's from X-Men 2 which is actually 12 years old now.

If anything X-Men 2 ripped it from Buffy since it aired 5 years before. Both situations of super powered people "coming out" to their parents.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Yeah it was just a random namedrop before. Man are they going through plots really fast here! Mack please don't be evil you're so pretty :(

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Jamesman posted:

Cal is going to have to answer to Skye's mom, who is still alive.

Even though she is cut up into pieces and carried around in a wheelbarrow, she is still alive.

I wonder if she has crazy regeneration powers which is what slow her aging. Also would explain how Whitehall could regain youth from uh, taking her innards.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Because if they filed it down, then we wouldn't have gotten ghetto Lady Deathstrike for Hyde's Wild Ride.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

drat they aren't starting this episode slow!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Haha RealShield is a bunch of dumb mofos for thinking an untapped weapon of mass destruction would react well to being approached with a full force task team

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

HUNTER

TAHITI

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

It's like Rull Shuld has no concept of tact or subtlety.

Real Shield isn't built on any concept of democracy, they're just united by their want to put down any kind of superhuman threat. Hello Civil War tie in

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

GoTG is the most important out of the meta narrative that's running through the MCU but most importantly it's loving fun to watch

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

Irish Joe makes me feel like poo poo.

He's really good at what he does

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

They've got to be tracking Fitz somehow right? I mean he's gonna go straight to Coulson.

God I love this show :3:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah, I can understand their stance on powers, even if they're wrong, they're understandably wrong.

But every time someone (Adama) complains about how REALSHIELD is all about transparency and openness and no one grabs his face and yells at him for being a spying, lying, subversive poo poo, and that his actions are the complete opposite of his words, I lose interest in REALSHIELD a little more. It's such a huge elephant in the room at this point, and they've never done more than dance around it for like one line of dialog.

Also, the 'Gramps killed 100 nazis with this handgun' was stupid on so many levels.

And how, for being such a so-called democracy, Adama is blatantly brushing off one of his key operatives' concerns over the handling of Skye's retrieval.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I must be really dense because I just realized that Skye first meets her mom in the Afterlife.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Honestly I'm more excited about a 60% chance for an Agent Carter renewal :D

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

MikeJF posted:

Skye's sexy electric doctor as new lead character.

...actually, I could see that happening.

Premiering on the CW:

The INHUMAN Diaries

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Next week: May vs Matter Eater Lad

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Deakul posted:

They had you watch it out of context without ever having seen the rest of the show beforehand? The gently caress?

Maybe first time on the air? There's kind of a lead-in in the last episode (Buffy finds Joyce looking really still on the couch), and as a viewer you have no idea you're in for one of their conceptual episodes.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ambivalent posted:

The EW article about the SHIELD spinoff series said that 'the rest of Season 2 would be dealing with the foundations of what leads to the spinoff'.

People kept theorizing it would be 'Real Shield' stuff, but after this episode so far, it seems like it'll probably be Coulson's Powered/Index people, I'd bet.

Phil Coulson's Summer Camp For Gifted Youngsters

Secret Warriors. Make it happen, ABC!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Haha spiky bitch is a precog

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Floppychop posted:

Maybe the spikes work like antennae to pick up the signal?

Or she's only able to perceive future events that cause pain to her.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Eva's mind-controlling daughter kind of struck me as a more deranged version of Luna Maximoff who became a kind of emotion manipulating empath after being forced into the mists.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Personally I enjoyed enough of season 1 when binge-watching through it, especially knowing beforehand the pay-off for Turn Turn Turn. If anything it's decent enough background television that provides some nice character moments before re-arranging the playing field.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oasx posted:

Do we really need one? The Winter Soldier tie-in was just an excuse for the show to really start telling a good story, the show is really good right now and there really is no reason to interrupt that.

Yeah, if they have to rely on every movie event to function as a game-changer it comes across as a storytelling crutch. I'm fine with a small mention, or even MCU material that makes into the show that functions organically, like how Lady Sif pops in once in a while.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

awful legacy plots and characters... like Fitz.

Too far, Joe!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

BSG started really strong and turned to poo poo. AOS started ok and turned pretty good. That's why I stopped watching one and kept watching the other.

Debatable. I'm of the opinion that only the finale was the real weak point of the series but I know a lot of people are really down on season 3-4. And yeah, BSG at its best is up there with the best sci-fi dramas.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I'm actually glad that I was wrong for once on Ward manipulating Agent 33 and instead genuinely caring for her. Unless he has some master backup plan to use her as a SHIELD mole...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Theta Protocol: I assumed it was the bunk beds and the New Avengers facility they had ready and staffed at the end. Both of those would require a lot of resources being moved around.

• Locked thread