Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Dogchat? Hawkeye totally gets his dog back!

Yeah but his kids will hate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Giving him the diamond then not using it was weird.

I assume it would have been a much more expensive effect though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oracle posted:

I thought he did use it, his arm turned all diamondy after he got the spiel about it being omg so rare. It was like giving a drug addict some super-pure heroin or something as a reward for job well done.

I meant using it for his next job or something. Certainly works better than turning into bronze.

Especially if he didn't actually intend to get captured, since they said that was just a lucky coincidence.

I guess he just wanted to get diamond high without the pressure of beating up the General.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It works out pretty well for Emma Frost.

...Other than that time she was shattered by a bullet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fury kind of just does that stuff.

He also pulls a giant gun out of his trenchcoat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

The episode was pretty alright for me outside of what's his face stealing the sniper rifle, running it all the way downstairs from perch Triplett had ready, through a crowd of people spooking them and blowing his cover, just so he could try to shoot Kreel from 20 feet away. That almost completely ruined the episode for me.

Maybe he's a bad shot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Hero 6 is a Marvel comic, but they're not involved in production or distribution of the movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Sharmat posted:

Weren't the ratings for the season 1 premiere completely insane? They probably were well aware season 2 wouldn't have those kinds of ratings.

Yeah, being down on the original premiere isn't surprising.

The premiere went up from last season's finale, but then episode 2 was a new low for the series.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Its lose, as in, "you spell like a loser."

Being a sad sack who gets beat up all the time really isn't all that awesome. He's different, and I think people mistake that for awesome and/or interesting.

Yeah. The comic book is good, but it's not about how Hawkeye is good, or cool. It's about how he's a loser.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not even a good shot. He misses that jumping shot, the camera just cuts away to hide it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's the only Avenger in all the leaked set photos of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

I don't actually remember this from Winter Soldier.

Widow uses it at the end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

Some master spy Coulson is, can't tell that May is acting super suspicious.

May is always acting super suspicious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also have different skin tones but who cares it's a magic spy mask.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

AHH Canada isn't showing the Avengers scene!

Sounds like it's the same one they've been showing at events for months.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those are stupid cuffs, Cap. If Cyclops just slips his arms in front of him he can blast those off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Timby posted:

That "This is a disaster / no, it's an origin story" line in the pilot just loving broke me.

Yeah but that's a self aware line from the nerd character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy playing Hunter has the full Mortal Kombat sweep going there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They compared May to Widow in an earlier episode.

Hawkeye should be below both of them. Hawkeye sucks. Especially MCU Hawkeye.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's one thing that comes up a lot actually. People who think that comic makes Hawkeye cool (not that I'm saying you two do.)

It's explicitly about how much Hawkeye sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was also recently ambushed and (re)deafened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hawkeye once improved himself by using Pym's tech, so he's still the bottom guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OptimusWang posted:

...unless there's a sharknado :colbert:

e: actually, is creating a sharknado (or something similar) in Aquaman's power scope or would he need more juice?

He doesn't need to because all kinds of crazy mythical sea monsters exist in DC canon including the Kraken.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's in Age of Ultron so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Has it been confirmed or is it still just 'strongly rumored'? Man I hope they don't kill him off like Sitwell. I like him :(

He was seen on set in costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Either he's in the movie or they're filming something from the movie set for the show, but in either case it should mean he's not going anywhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's also this obscure character called Wolverine.

(It's probably not him.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LeafyOrb posted:

I'd like to think that's how Hydra agents actually answer the phone.

"Hail Hydra! Pizza? Sorry you have the wrong number"

Well it is how they say goodnight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Didn't they also say in this episode that Skye's dad did not kill everyone in the village, instead it was Whitehall who is responsible? That he is not as big of a monster that Skye thinks he is? Also all this talk of him wanting to do make a first impression, makes me think that he is going to sacrifice himself to save Skye from Whitehall.

As far as I recall, the last the show said Skye 084ed and everyone died. When they introduced her father some people speculated it was actually him but I don't remember the show touching on that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought Whitehall gave orders to wipe everyone in the village.

Oh, I must not have heard that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

So Ward is able to fake a news report in which they say they found his brother and his parents in a murder suicide? Man he is a great spy.

A Senator probably could.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Why would Ward, known serial killer, fake the murders of the people he wants dead most in the world?

Because he's loving crazy and Christian admitting it actually clearing the bad blood between them is something I can totally see.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BlueBayou posted:

Yeah I dont get the Muad'dad thing at all

It's from a not very good movie based on a not very good book.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's half the cast of Showgirls.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some stuff takes off because it's Thanksgiving week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

It won't be a stylish marriage...

Yeah I think we have our answer there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Any number of those people saw him activate that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2 of the main characters are Chinese.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SHIELD went up double what Flash did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They literally said like 3 different synonyms for inhuman.

• Locked thread