Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1329 »
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006
TUBGIRL ENTHUSIAST

Group texts always seem to be a bit buggy, anyone else find that?

I sometimes have to switch numbers/people out of work texts, but it never goes quite as smoothly. For example, guy on the team has a work phone now so we need to change over to that, but if I delete his number and add the new one to his card, when I form the new group my phone still thinks 'ah this is the same people as the previous group' and just sends the message to the old number. I'm guessing deleting his card entirely and rebuilding would work, but it should be smarter than that.

Have also had similar issues when a work phone is transferred from one person to another, and it gets alll kinds of confused. Shouldn't be as difficult as it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

At the end of 2018, a study was published by London Metropolitan University showing that certain bacteria, normally present only in intestinal tracts or feces, were found on McDonald's self-service screens.

Finally got those AirPods Pro after some issues with Amazon. drat they're nice. I've never had headphones with ANC and it's like some voodoo black magic poo poo.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

Group texts always seem to be a bit buggy, anyone else find that?

I sometimes have to switch numbers/people out of work texts, but it never goes quite as smoothly. For example, guy on the team has a work phone now so we need to change over to that, but if I delete his number and add the new one to his card, when I form the new group my phone still thinks 'ah this is the same people as the previous group' and just sends the message to the old number. I'm guessing deleting his card entirely and rebuilding would work, but it should be smarter than that.

Have also had similar issues when a work phone is transferred from one person to another, and it gets alll kinds of confused. Shouldn't be as difficult as it is!

if i search for a contact i wanna add to an imessage chain, i'm presented with any numbers i have for them and can choose one, i'm surprised that doesn't happen in that instance.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006
TUBGIRL ENTHUSIAST

sleepwalkers posted:

if i search for a contact i wanna add to an imessage chain, i'm presented with any numbers i have for them and can choose one, i'm surprised that doesn't happen in that instance.

That’s the crazy thing, it does give the prompt and I choose the new number but it still does this reasoning of ‘oh all these names exist in a conversation already’ and override it. Same when the old number is removed entirely.

This is a Group MMS because 2 people have android phones, but it being funny with numbers also happens in the iMessage chat too. I hate the videos in Group MMS so much, they’re back to mid 90s postage stamp sizes. When we move to WhatsApp it will be easier at least.

«1329 »