Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just get your jorts custom tailored with an iPhone 6+ pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

texaholic posted:

I have a iphone 5 from like a month or two after in came out and still have 7.5 gigs of available space. I have 2 gigs of pictures and .5 gigs of text messages and a couple random apps. 16 gigs is pretty sweet for me, no games/music/podcasts. I bet there are a lot of people out there like me, the 64/128 bump seems like one hell of a deal don't know why people are so upset. I surf the web, text, and listen to pandora and check email for work/personal life, the only things I use my phone for really.

You need to learn that everyone ITT is a power user and thinks that they are the norm with filling their phones with animes and movies to watch at all times because you never know when you need a selection of 25 HD movies to choose from.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

kitten smoothie posted:

I could have sworn they mentioned something about Starwood hotels using the NFC for room keys in the future during the launch keynote.

So maybe it's just the software to deal with NFC is not stable on their end and they're restricting it to trusted partners for the time being.

They did say you could use it to open a hotel room. I can't remember which chain though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DarkJC posted:

I don't really agree with this -- the watch has clearly been in development for years, they're not launching it to "keep up with Samsung". They have a clear strategy for the watch and I think that it's going to be a pretty big success, especially as they iterate on it like they have with the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. People seem to have a skewed sense of how products are made, as if anything released after one product hits the market is a "response" to it.

When I read impressions about the watch from "watch people", one thing they've said Apple got right is the fit, finish, and physical details, beating out other watches at similar price points. I feel like that's one thing you've absolutely got to nail in a product that's going to be called a watch, and something every other competitor has failed to deliver.

It's also the one area Apple consistently has no other equal in -- no one has yet been able to match the level of fit and finish Apple puts into the iPhone. Once the watch hits stores and people can actually see what they're like in person, I don't think the current competition (the moto 360 or whatever samsungs latest iteration is) will look too good in comparison.

The problem is it's not a watch, it's an accessory to an iphone. There's a difference.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I had a droid x before the galaxy s3. That phone was like the old school Nokia phones. Solid as a rock

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just put grip tape all over your iPhone.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just wear sweatpants and embrace your inner fat to preserve the integrity of your iPhone.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I've got a free upgrade coming up but I wear Levi's 511's size 34x32 which iphone model would be most appropriate for me?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Guys my 8am day one iPhone 6 hasn't bent and is on 8.0.

I really like my phone guys. It feels nice.

What size are your jeans - what's your build like?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

prom candy posted:

I just don't understand how you could exert enough pressure in your front pocket to bend your phone but not seriously hurt your leg or hip.

Hit a gym once and a while chump. :smugdog:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

tuyop posted:

I don't know why people have a hard time conceiving of the force exerted on a phone in a pocket. The 6+ has the disadvantage of being big enough that the pant folding at the hip acts as a pressure on the middle of the phone because the top of the phone is above that fold and the bottom is below.

Consider:

Without the phone, the pants will fold into the leg. With a smaller phone, the pants will fold above where the phone sits. With the phablet, the pants will fold in such a way that pushes the middle of the phone into the leg. Since the phone isn't sharp and won't cut the jeans, it'll bend.

I can make a diagram if someone wants.

Please make a diagram

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Excellent I was looking for a good pedo endorsement

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yea but what size inseam is that machine assuming. Are they relaxed fit jeans?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The only really lovely thing about iTunes is they removed the ability to randomize within playlists. You can shuffle and all that but if you just want to randomize the order to create even more shuffling you can't do that anymore.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is there an app for the iphone that can spoof my iphone's GPS into thinking i'm actually at home asleep in bed instead of you know at the strip club because my wife has my phone tapped with one of those GPS apps for kids because we have trust issues so I'm trying to be able to get my lap dance on without her giving me poo poo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

Better than your transaction history working wrong. I haven't used apple pay yet, but I added my Amex card and it showed my recent transactions. It shows a $99 charge at the gas station yesterday, when I only spent about $40.

I freaked out and checked Amex's website, and it shows the proper $40 charge. I'm assuming the gas station just puts a $99 credit check/hold on the account when you swipe, and the website is smart enough to show the actual charge, while the passbook app is not.

Yes to the latter. Gas stations do a default obnoxious charge when you use credit cards to deter fraud (somehow).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

The fingerprint scanner, at least isn't new to the S6. The S5 debuted it at Samsung and doesn't work anywhere near as well as TouchID.

It works fine. I've been using it as my unlock mechanism forever

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Question Mark Mound posted:

Is it possible with Google Photos to delete pictures off my iPhone but not have that deletion synced up to Photos? There's some (but not all) pics that I don't need on my phone any more but I'd like to keep them backed up with Google.

I'm pretty sure you can choose for it to be not a two way sync. So if you delete from your phone they stay on Google photos until you delete them.

e;fb

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

tuyop posted:

Super cool that they're so transparent about this, but if you're using MFA how does this matter? I could tell people my password and it wouldn't be useful to them at all unless I also told them my phone lock code and gave them the phone, right?

Pretty much you'd be fine but not everyone uses MFA. Still, changing your password when there's a breach is a good practice to get into anyway even if you do have MFA.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Why would you bother getting the 128 if you were only using it for a week?

Think of all the anime

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is good.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You need to get a refund on your posting app

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

iPhone event October 13.

Might be my first foray into the iPhone world this cycle. I'm pretty excited

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I think that Blue is sharp

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

wow another surveillance pod to add to the pile

Excuse me you can turn them into stereo surveillance pods don't sell them short

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh yeah give me that sweet sweet 5G propaganda

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ok, but what does that mean in anime downloads?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pictures would look better with a 120Hz display Apple, fyi

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Did he say they have FIFTY anechoic chambers?

They are used for employee reprogramming when new networks aren't being released

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

It’s interesting how they are comparing the speeds on this chip.

50% faster?? Compared to what???

I would assume over the A13? But you're not wrong to be confused

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yeah because it needs to be easier to feed in LoL

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey yall i dont think she's really on that roof

Also, magsafe car mount sounds amazing

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The biggest load of poo poo is claiming to be environmental friendly in disguise of cost savings that you're not going to pass on to the consumer.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pastamania posted:

Why did the iPhone mini make the dude in the bath try to drown himself?

I'm just relieved he survived

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

flipoff posted:

Have they said anything about how the apple upgrade plan works with the delay on the 12? If you got the 11 at release you will have made 13 payments when the 12 comes out, or 14 for pro max and mini. Are the 13th and 14th payments refunded or put towards the cost of the new phone, or are you just out those payments?

Search your heart for the answer to this

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm dipping my toes into apple for the first time ever. I love amateur photography but i have baby hands so i'm trying to force myself not to buy the pro max :(

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yeah i was looking at the pro tbh. Maybe i'll just roll with that and see how it goes. I had a pixel 3xl so it's in the same realm size wise.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

Siri does suck but she doesn't seem to censor me at all.

Who needs a reminder to gently caress? That's usually front of mind for me :shrug:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Krispy Wafer posted:

Or how they kept teasing Flash support, but never did it. For good reason I guess. They did get a mobile version of Flash running on an iPhone, but it reduced battery time to 2 hours and probably turned your phone into a hot pocket.

I would postulate apple is the reason flash died as quickly as it did as a mainstream web medium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Am I misremembering or did people give Apple a ton of crap for not releasing a 5G iPhone last year and now nobody cares about that feature because 5G coverage is horseshit?

No that's correct