Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

In iOS 8 Mail, how do I add 'trash' as an option when I swipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I'm still on a 5S, but just curious where you guys go for wallpapers.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'd like to trade my phone in. how accepting of damage are carriers? there are some marks and scratches on the back, and some cracked glass near the lens. camera works fine, though, as does the rest of the phone. screen's fine too. only problems are those superficial ones.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

this thing feels...sturdier

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

cant describe how suited my needs are at the moment. the true steve experience.

agreed op this is perf

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

are you guys sure the touchid processor is an old version? this thing loving flies for me

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

my 5s one was just bad, then. christ i want to buy ten of these drat phones just to make sure i never run out. loving perfect

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so let's say i get a text when i'm not using my phone. my screen lights up and shows me the text on the lock screen. is there any way to disable the screen from turning on but still keeping the notification on the lock screen?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

messages seems...cluttered

really loving fast, wifi performance is insane, and music is infinitely better

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

has anyone updated their SE to the new iOS? if so, issues?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

American McGay posted:

It's been mentioned twice before in this exact thread but if the Pixel 3 isn't particularly interesting I'm honestly gonna look at finding a couple cheap new SEs and just use them for the foreseeable future. New phone tech is boring.

well the details and look of the pixel 3 already leaked, right?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Vegetable posted:

I was looking forward to finally getting an upgrade on my 5S but these new models are ridiculous. It might just be worth it to move to Android.

yea, i’m sort of in this boat. the pixel certainly intrigues me. and google fi seems very interesting as well.

jesus, what a mess

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what’s this leather case you all are referring to?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm in apple's upgrade program. do verizon stores honor that, or do i need to go to an apple store?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm on the 11 pro. i check for the 13.1 update in 'software update', but it tells me there is no update.

what's going on here? i've restarted, turned off automatic updates, turned them back on, charged, uncharged, nothing. i'm on wifi as well.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

this probably has been asked no less than 100 times in this thread but didn't see it in the last few pages.

cracked my phone's back and i'd like to replace it. is this something i can do with relative ease, or best to take it somewhere? i'm in nyc so there are plenty of spots.

e: i'm also curious now if having a third party replace the back would disrupt my trade-in program membership. seems like it could?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 1, 2019

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, it's the 11 pro non-max. i do have applecare+ with the trade-in program. was hoping there was another way of doing this where i didn't have to pay apple $100 to replace the whole thing, but that seems to be where i'm at. oh well.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

64bit_Dophins posted:

So the iPhone 12 is just the iPhone 11 but with a faster processor and 5g support?

The camera array looks exactly the same too.

How are people supposed to know that I have the new one? What's the point of getting the new shiny if I can't use it to flex.

i'm buying for the smaller size. all this other hoopla, whatever.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

triple sulk posted:

I think I'm gonna get the mini now if it's the same specs

it's the same new screen, right? i think so?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh and now there's a pro segment?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i want to upgrade to a 12mini. however, i'm not sure which color i want, so i want to see the new ones in person. unfortunately, covid is happening and people are always lining up around the nearest apple store (brooklyn).

is it easy to order one and exchange as needed? any penalty for doing so?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just got my mini in green. the color’s much lighter than i expected. how are the other colors compared to the online photos? i would check them out at the store but covid and all.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is there a way to have a daily reminder that's sent at 10a ET no matter what time zone i'm in? i think i could set the time zone in settings to not adjust automatically to my location so that the phone's clock is in ET no matter what time zone i'm in, and then set the the reminder for 10a. but like, i want my phone's clock to adjust to whichever time zone i'm in. i just want the reminder sent at 10a ET no matter where i'm at without having to adjust the entire phone's clock if possible.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

withak posted:

Maybe something that sends you an email at a specified time? That could be separated from your current location.

yea, i don't get push notifications from email just because i get too many. the reminder would likely be lost most days.

Kalman posted:

Repeating calendar event would work.

ooh, that's smart. i just need to set the location of the meeting to dc or nyc or wherever and it should work. thanks for the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i would be totally cool with ditching touchid if faceid would recognize me when i wear sunglasses. i've tried adding my face with sunglasses on to faceid and it won't accept it.