Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Good lord the Podcasts app is unfinished hot poo poo.

(sorry for the huge webm - be sure to scroll down to the tab bar):
http://webmshare.com/play/8Gr8Z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

I am so, so, so, so loving tired of iOS System Update alerts. loving every goddamn day.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

if only there was a simply way for that to go away :allears:

let me guess you can't cuz ~*~jailbreakz~*~

I can't tell if you want me to jailbreak or not, but I develop on these devices and have no interest in jailbreaking. Or if you think I should just update: I'm stuck running earlier versions for loving ever because I need to test on them and Apple won't let you downgrade.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Froist posted:

You can actually stop this by going into Settings, General, Storage, Manage and then deleting the update it's downloaded. Voila, it won't prompt or auto-download the update until the next iOS version is released.

(I have exactly the same use case, we have loads of devices at work deliberately held back onto different versions for testing. This trick's been a godsend.)

Yeah I already do this. It also resets (and re-downloads the update) if you restart the device. Which I'm doing a lot lately.

The whole auto-download / prompting practice is indefensible from Apple. There is no 'no' button on the alert, and there is no way to stop it other than hacking your router.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Ugh. The new cursor placement (spacebar longpress) in iOS 13 blows. It autocorrects whatever you were just typing before activating, which was *clearly wrong* because I'm trying to use the cursor to go back anyway!