Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

I vaguely recalled something about the iOS Facebook app having some weird behavior with playing silent audio instead of running the microphone and found the following to refresh my memory: https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/22/facebook-says-it-fixed-a-bug-that-caused-silent-audio-to-vampire-your-iphone-battery/

The most favorable read of that is the app had a bug which unintentionally kept it running in the background despite any user configuration. Based on the company’s history, I would suspect the “bug” was intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

Skeezy posted:

I don't think this is possible (???) but if someone would like to correct me on this, please go ahead, I'd like to learn how to do this as well.

I recall seeing a button in the public beta called add to maps where the app brought up a submenu to allow adding things (roads, businesses, addresses, etc). I vaguely remember that I could pan the screen around to define the location of the new thing but it would not let me draw geometry or anything like that. I reformatted my device back to iOS14 though so I can't confirm and doing an internet search didn't give me anything specific. So maybe iOS15 whenever that ships will have an option? But like smackfu said, creating it in open street maps may be the best option especially if there is more support to fully define the walking path.

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Does Apple give a gift card or money back on the card?

The process last year when I got my wife an iPhone 12 was:
- Full price charge upfront on the credit card, Apple quotes a trade in value based the trade in model / condition.
- Apple sends a return kit and the new phone separately, I think I got the return kit first.
- Transfer existing phone over to the new phone, I forget how long exactly you get for this phase, maybe two weeks?
- You send the trade in to Apple or their third party, someone verifies it.
- I was credited the quoted amount back on the card.

Very painless but definitely less than what you could get on the secondary market.