Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm looking for a relatively simple IO load generator that I can run on a set of VMs in order to hammer traffic on their virtual disks.

Something where I can just say "for all these named VMs, do some stated mix of IO (100% random, 100% sequential, some mix, etc.)", then have it collate the aggregate statistics at the end (min/max/avg latency, etc.).

Seems like it shouldn't be a very tall order, but the best thing I've found so far is IOmeter, and it sucks to deploy in a distributed way.

I'd love something Linuxy, but the things I've found so far are single-instance, and I don't see any facility that collates multiple results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
I looked at fio, but I didn't realize it had a client/server model until now.

I don't have time to test it right now, but do you know if it combines/collates results from worker threads in its output?

• Locked thread