Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.
I live near Seattle, noted for its constant rain, and I rarely have problems with my DirecTV service. For a brief while I switched to Comcast's newest Xfinity service since my roommate at the time temporarily worked there and got us a good price, but even though it was cable and wired directly into my apartment it was constantly going out for long stretches. The DVR also was not recording programs, and deleting programs it had recorded for no discernible reason.

I was very happy to switch back to DirecTV. The only issue I have lately is that sometimes when watching things On Demand it might need to buffer, since it downloads through the internet (which I still get through Comcast). Otherwise I'm very happy with the service and enjoy that it can record like six things at once.

Tell your wife she doesn't need to worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread