Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I'm a giant WCW and ECW mark, do either camp need a new writer? I don't have PMs to get the info :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Paper Lion posted:

I'm a giant WCW and ECW mark, do either camp need a new writer? I don't have PMs to get the info :(

Please come help WCW, we need it. I'm sure Happyman can arrange a method to send you the info other than PMs. Maybe create a throwaway email account and post it in the thread?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Make sure the dummy email isn't the one hooked up to the google doc!

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

Paper Lion posted:

goondaynightwars@gmail.com

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

:siren: In Your House 15 and this week's TV will run in 24 hours. :siren:

After that, I'll wait until everything's posted before running another show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happyman posted:

:siren: In Your House 15 and this week's TV will run in 24 hours. :siren:

After that, I'll wait until everything's posted before running another show.

I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving :)

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Sanguinia where are you :(

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I am currently in a shitstorm of exams and bed bug infestations and will have essentially no time for the next 2 days at least.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

I am currently in a shitstorm of exams and bed bug infestations and will have essentially no time for the next 2 days at least.

Bed Bugs vs Chikara Ants feud soon to hit WCW in the coming months.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

The shows are about to book. In Your House is first, so anyone from WWF who has time, please get in the IRC.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RedGreen Usenet Report posted:

Mark Henry entered to face Tajiri for his 27th match, Pan-Am title on the line. The Japanese Buzzsaw let loose with some impressive kicks, which the World's Strongest Man basically no-sold, responding with a few jabs of his own before finally sending his opponent to the ground with a haymaker. Tajiri quickly scrambled back to his feet and somersaulted off the ropes, but Henry ducked out of the way. Finally Mark picked up his opponent and delivered the World's Strongest Slam, getting the three count. "That's 27," he shouted.

Pretape: Scotty Bollea is holding a red and yellow strap.

"Mark Henry, what I hold in my hands is a tradition, an artifact, but above all it is an instrument of punishment. And YOU will be punished at In Your House 15 for daring to call yourself the son of Andre The Giant, for you will face me under Scott's Rules. And Scott's Rules are simple.

Scott's Rule NUMBER ONE! We will be bound together by this leather strap, of a kind commonly used by the Yappapi tribe of Native Americans. You will not be able to run away from me, and the World's Strongest Man won't be able to budge the Scottster and his 14-inch pythons!

Scott's Rule NUMBER TWO! The match will not be over, the punishment will not end, the torture will not cease until one of us drrrrags the other all the way around the ring to touch the four corners of the turnbuckles in order!

Scott's Rule NUMBER THREE! No foul language, brother, the Scottster doesn't stand for that!

So are you ready, Mark Henry, for In Your House 15, when I will take this strap, and whip you across your back? How can you cope with the pain when this tempered leather cuts your flesh and breaks your soul? WHAT'LL YOU HAVE PREPARED, NEIGHBOR, WHEN THE SCOTTSTER LAYS THIS STRAP ON YO-"

"DID SOMEBODY SAY STRAP-ON?"

Fucktrain barrels into the frame, tackling Bollea as the pretape cuts off.

Vince comes out to the ring, looking stern.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, an unfortunate situation has arisen regarding our own WWF World Heavyweight Champion." He pauses for boos. "While the man called Goldust won the title fairly, under the rules of our Money In The Bank contract, it is clear to the management at this time that his current injuries will prevent him from defending the title, either at In Your House: Deadly Games, available on your local pay-per-view service this Sunday, or in the near future. Therefore, the World Wrestling Federation has no choice but to vac-"

Ted DiBiasie's music hits. He quickly strides out to the ring in the company of a familiar face- the Big Bossman, wearing a business suit. He's yelling inaudibly at Vince and signals for a mic.

"You stop right there, Mr. McMahon," says Ted. "You're trying to screw the champion over! We won't stand for that!"

Vince sputters. "Mr. DiBiase- Ted, the Million Dollar Man, this is highly irregular, you-"

"Shut it, McMahon! You don't talk to us that way. I'm here on behalf of the Network!"

"The network, you mean the Home Box Office?"

"Yes, and this here, this is the Box Office Bossman!" He gestures to his associate. "They've sent him here to make sure you don't try to pull one over on Goldust. He has thirty days to defend the title, it hasn't been thirty days yet!"

"W- well, I think- you're right, of course. It has not been thirty days. Perhaps I was a little bit hasty. But are you sure that Goldust will be able to defend the title in that time?"

"If he's not able to work then, fine. He'll forfeit. But not a second before. And if you try to take the title from him before that time- then, the Box Office Bossman will ensure that this program contains graphic violence." The Bossman moves uncomfortably close to Vince.

Vince backs away quickly, saying, "I understand, of course Goldust has all the time he was promised. I'll make-" he practically stumbles over the ropes backing onto the apron. "I'll make sure we play fair." He walks to the back as the Million Dollar Man and Box Office Bossman stand proud in the middle of the ring. DiBiasie and Bossman looked good, Vince was shaky.

Fucktrain came to the ring for his Deadly Games qualifier, but before the match, he decided to cut a promo. "Well, ya know, there are a lot of differences between Canadian and American women! Like--"
Fucktrain paused.
"Er... uh. Well, American women drive like this--" Fucktrain then proceeded to mimic driving.
"And Canadian women drive like THIIIIIIIIIS..." Fucktrain proceeded to mimic driving in a more polite manner.
"God dammit.

God DAMMIT! gently caress it, get that fuckin' buffalo out here!"

Deadly Games Qualifier: Fucktrain/Tatanka, Fucktrain wins.

Bob Holly came out to cut a promo. "You know what, Marc, we might have left you out a little, but that's no reason to start beatin' on us! I'll tell you what, you face me on PPV, and we can settle this like men. Deal?" "Deal, Bob. And remember--THINK POZ!"

Bulldog and Skunk/Hardyz, Bulldog pins Jeff.

Jimmy Hart cuts a promo about his clients, the Legion Of Violence. "Oh me, oh my, I just can't believe it! My fingers are tingling and there are butterflies in my stomach because not 6 days from tonight, my clients, The World's Most Dangerous Man, Ken Shamrock and his #1 student Shigeki Sato, will hold tag team gold! Oooooooo-wee, that Skunkrocker's gonna be stinking up a storm once Ken taps him out in the middle of the ring!" Jimmy then turns around to reveal the design on his jacket, which depicts the British Bulldog and Skunkrocker surrounded by green stink lines and the words SMELL YOU LATER.

Roddy Piper and The Undertaker vs Jericho and Terry Funk. We start the action with Piper and Funk in the ring, and they lock up. Piper wrestles Funk into a corner, but Jericho yanks Piper's hair from outside and breaks the hold. Piper elbows Jericho in the face but is caught by a mean haymaker from Terry Funk and heads facedown to the canvas. Terry goes for a quick pin but Piper's up at 1. The two grapple for a while before Piper Irish Whips his opponent back to his corner, tagging in the Undertaker. Funk ducks out of the way of the Dead Man's punches and begs off back to his corner, tagging in Chris Jericho. The faster, younger wrestler dances around the Undertaker, starts throwing chops. The Undertaker grabs Chris by the neck, seemingly for a choke slam, but Jericho kicks his opponent's stomach and is dropped. Jericho slaps on an armbar and actually seems to be putting his much larger opponent in a good deal of pain. Piper steps into the ring but Jericho wags his finger as the ref comes over to get Piper back outside. As the two argue, Jericho doubles the Undertaker over with a low blow, then rushes to the top turnbuckle and catches his opponent with a diving neckbreaker!

With his opponent prone, Chris slaps on the Walls of Jericho. Again the Undertaker is grimacing in pain, and his eyes roll back in his head as he struggles over to the ropes- finally getting a hand to them, forcing Jericho to break the hold. The two are motionless on the ground for a little while, the ref starting to count.

1... 2... 3...

Jericho tags Funk. Taker tags Piper. Roddy flies at his opponent with a clothesline, then rebounds from the ropes with another, then lets loose with a haymaker of his own, knocking Funk down. He goes for the pin.

1... 2... Jericho breaks the pin! The Undertaker strides over with remarkable speed and the two struggle on the apron, falling to the outside. In the confusion Piper locks in a sleeper hold on Funk. The ref raises Terry's arm three times, it falls three times, and Piper and Undertaker pick up the win.

As the ref raises Piper's arm, he stares down Jericho who has just climbed back up into the ring. Jericho meets his gaze and storms off.

Taz and Mankind vs. Shawn Michaels and Vader

Mankind starts off against Vader, as Vader stomps all over him with hard-hitting punches and tosses. Despite his immense strength, Mankind never gives up, egging on Vader to do his worst. Vader gladly obliges, with a vertical electric chair drop and a Samoan drop.

In the heel's corner, Shawn Michaels yells at Vader to let him finish Mankind off here; unfortunatly, Vader refuses to let him. Eventually, Michaels starts screaming about how he would beat Vader in a title match right now, and Vader takes severe offense to that and starts yelling at Shawn, leaving Mankind to crawl over and make the tag to Taz!

Taz calmly walks up to Vader, waves to HBK in the middle of his argument... and does a hellacious German Suplex to Vader! And another! And a third, but Fucktrain Vicious tosses his violated chair into the ring, letting Taz's head slam into it! Vader takes quick notice, and Vadersaults Taz for the three. After the match, Taz chases Fucktrain and his chair around while Mankind, HBK, and Vader end up in a brawl to the back.

HHH and Austin cut a promo before Austin's match tonight. "Well, goddamn, son! The man I shoulda won that WWF title from at Wrestlemania thinks he's gonna beat me tonight! Well, tell me, Hunter, who won the Royal Rumble?"
"Stone Cold!"
"Who was one of the only simultaneous IN-TER-CON-TI-NEN-TAL and tag team champions in WWF history?"
"Stone Cold!"
"And who's gonna kick Owen Hart's candy rear end tonight?"
"BAH GAWD IT'S STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!" HHH did his best Oklahoma accent for this.
"YER drat RIGHT!"

Steve Austin vs Owen Hart

Owen starts the match with a headlock, but Austin transitions to a hammerlock, puts the other arm in a half nelson, and begins shouting into Owen's ear. Owen tries to fight out, but a slap to the side of the head stuns him. Austin continues punishing Owen, both physically and verbally, until Owen is able to fight out of the half nelson and reverse the hammerlock into a backslide.

1...Austin kicks out, and flips off Owen before abandoning holds and submissions and going straight to strikes. After a punch sends Owen reeling, Austin taunts him with paintbrushing slaps before eating a kick to the leg from Owen. Not quite hard enough to kick his leg out of his leg, but close. Owen returns the paintbrushing slaps, imitating Austin's Texas drawl as he does it. "Aw good goddamn, Stone Cold Steve Austin has got hisself in quite a pickle, ain't he done, Bailey Jean? Why, that ol' Owen Hart is whuppin' him like a goldurn redheaded stepchild. Oh that's right, ol' Stone Cold ain't got a dang hair on his chrome dome!" Austin answers that remark by grabbing Owen's arm and delivering an elbow to his nose. This brawling goes on for a fair bit until Owen ducks a punch and delivers a double leg takedown, flawlessly transitioning into the Sharpshooter!

Austin crawls to the ropes, just barely making it with the help of HHH, who surreptitiously pulls Austin when the ref isn't looking. Owen releases the hold, but doesn't lay up on Austin, trying to pull him from the ropes. Austin kicks Owen back, though, and levels him with a clothesline, before hitting the ropes and dropping the middle fingers. Owen staggers to his feet, and Austin goes for the Thesz Press, but is hit with an overhead belly to belly from Owen! Owen climbs to the top rope to go for an elbow drop, but HHH conks Owen over the head and pushes his legs out from under him, dropping him to the mat and leaving him open for a Stunner from Austin for the 3.

The Harts and TMPT brawled to the back to end Raw.

Those boys south of the border need to make a better show. Despite the amazing showing from Owen in the main event, this was a C. A little too heavy on in-ring action for our tastes.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Million Dollar Blog, WWF on AOL posted:

Hello, everyone, The Million Dollar Man here, with the betting odds on In Your House 15-Deadly Game!

Marc Mero vs Bob Holly - Marc Mero's positive thinking all but guarantees him the win here.
10 to 1 in Mero's favor

Legion Of Violence vs Skunkrocker and Bulldog for the tag titles - That toilet seat of a man Jim Cornette may not know how to do business, but he can sure manage a team.
30 to 1 in Bulldog and Skunk's favor

Mark Henry vs Scotty Bollea for the Pan-Am title - Neighbor, AOL has the scoops, and all signs point to the Scottster taking down the undefeated giant.
5 to 1 in Scotty's favor

Chris Jericho vs Roddy Piper for the IC title - Chris Jericho has a new lease on life, and Roddy Piper will pay the price.
15 to 1 in Jericho's favor

Hart Foundation vs TMPT - The Power Trip will reign tonight!
15 to 1 in the Power Trip's favor

Deadly Games 6-Pack: HBK vs Mankind vs Taz vs Fucktrain vs Vader vs Undertaker
Fucktrain: 50 to 1
HBK: 20 to 1
Vader: 18 to 1
Mankind: 1 to 2
Taker: 1 to 10
Taz: 1 to 100

RedGreen posted:

Oh, and before Raw, I got some Shotgun spoilers.

Mark Henry, Pan-American champion, discusses the rich wrestling history of the province of Alberta, especially the Harts.
Mark Henry vs. Steve Corino, 28
Pretape: Fucktrain propositions a maple tree
3MPT hype video
Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw vs. Kal Kirby, Bradshaw goes over
Bradshaw takes a few minutes to point out that Kirby is a skinny loser who sucks.
Goldust hype video
Hardy Boyz vs. Tajiri & Dirty White Boy, Jeff pins DWB
Ken Shamrock vs. Jerry Lynn, Shamrock goes over. I didn't expect a match on Shotgun to go almost 20 minutes, but it did.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 11, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Usenet report from FlawlessDia-mark9000 posted:

WCW Monday Nitro was HOT this week! And the Internet's got the scoops, brother!

Hulk Hogan cuts a promo on Giant to open the show. Hogan says that no man is bigger than Hulkamania... except perhaps for the Hulkster himself! "Thanks to Hulkamania I've made a career out of breaking jacks who thought they were monsters. Mere mortals like you folks may be no match for them no matter how many prayers and vitamins you take, but the Hulkster has beaten them all, Brother! Even the biggest one in history, Big Andre himself, was nothing but a stepping stone for Hulk Hogan! And let me tell YOU somethin' brothers! As far as I'm concerned, WCW's Giant is just another failure who THINKS he'll be the one to kill Hulkamania! But it's going to keep running wild forever, no matter how bad the crybabies in the internet wish it would end!"

Hogan's rant is interrupted when Giant comes out! The World's Largest Athlete states his case calmly: "Two weeks ago at Sping Stampede, I knocked the Immortal Hulk Hogan unconscious with one punch. After that punch, you never got back into that match. Even with a tag team partner as dominate as Arn Anderson buying you time, you were done... with one punch. When it's one-on-one at Slamboree, with nobody to help you... well Hulkster, Hulkamania won't be running wild, it'll be LIMPING HOME!"

Outside the arena on a flight of stairs Glacier is meditating in the night air. He's clearly wounded since his ribs and shoulder are taped up. Shinya Hashimoto sits at his side. Glacier stays silent, but Hashi surprisingly speaks in fluent English! "I am sure you have questions. There is only one thing you need to know. I knew the man who Mortis once was. I will help you stop the man who controls him, Mitchell. Rest for now." Glacier inclines his head slightly, and Hashi leaves him.

Shinya Hashimoto defeats Ice Train! Mitchell is at ringside to oversee as one of Wrath's thralls takes on Glacier's new ally. Hashimoto locks up with Ice Train to start off and shocking completely overwhelms him in the test of strength before shoving him into the ropes and landing a big Belly-to-Belly suplex! Ice quickly shakes off his surprise and fights back with some rushing offence, going with shoulder blocks and strikes. Hashi takes the beating, and when Ice finally tries to go for a full nelson slam he reverses into a DDT!

The Shogun outmanuevers several more grappling attempts, converting the reversal into a different DDT variant each time, until Ice Train is barely able to stand from the blows to the head. Hashi offers his opponent a respectful bow to signal his finisher, and nails the Jumping Spike DDT. Tenay tells us that Hashimoto calls the move the Kusanagi as he picks up the three.

Brian James cuts a promo in ring, informing the WCW fans that he and his partners intend to target the Outsiders and capture the Tag Team Championship! "Why? Because there's a new J in J+J, and Winchester is a J that is here to stay! Night or day, come what may! And he's not here to play!" James promises that once against J+J will be TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOORLD. Once he finishes, Winchester grabs the mike and adds "AND IF YOU'RE NOT DOWN WITH THAT, WE GOT FOUR WORDS FOR YOU: KISS MY BAD rear end!"

The duo are interrupted by the Thrillseekers! Christian tells them that if they want a shot at the tag champs, they better get in line! "If anyone is bringing down the Outsiders it's going to be the hottest team in WCW, and that's the Thrillseekers!" Brian suggests that the two put their money where their mouth is, and fight them RIGHT NOW!

The New J+J (James Winchester and Brian James) defeat The Thrillseekers! Christian and Brian James start the match off, and the young hot-shot fires away at J+J's mouthpiece, quickly overwhelming him with up-tempo moves. Brian tries to fight back with the old Shake, Rattle and Roll and a clothesline, but Cage easily dodge and delivers a european uppercut, then lifts into a fireman's carry and delivers a gutbuster! Brian sells for a bit while Christian plays to the crowd, but soon comes back with boot to the spine that knocks Cage to the second rope, where he follows up with a body guillotine! Cage is hurt, but manages to rise just long enough to land a surprise neckbreaker, leaving both men on the floor.

Double hot tags bring Winchester and Storm into the mix, and it's a classic power vs technique showdown as Billy aims for elbows, kicks and power slam variants but Lance counters with skillfull grappling and takedowns. Lance seems to be in control, frustrating Winchester's attacks at every turn and setting up for the Canadian Maple Leaf... but Brian James distracts the ref and Winchester hits a blatant low blow! Lance if stunned by the pain and eats a Famouser and a dirty pin despite Cage's protests.

Hennig and Luger are in Commisioner Rude's office, where they sign their contract for the AWA title match at Slamboree. Rude is happy that the two men could work out their differences and thinks this match will be big business for WCW. Luger tells the Commisioner to shut up, and says that this Flawless Diamonds conspiracy is going to come to a quick end once Hennig is up in the Torture Rack. "You won't look like such a mastermind when you're tapping out, Mr. Flawless."

Hennig just smiles and tells Luger that by the way, he took the liberty of asking Commisioner Rude to book his opponent a little tune up match for tonight's Main Event. He'll be taking on Scott Hall one-on-one TONIGHT! Luger glares at Rude, who simply shrugs, then leaves.

Eddy Guerrero and Kid Rock defeat The Navigators. Sonny Oono is out for payback after last week, and his robotic clients are in overdrive. Lucky Tonzura keeps Kid Rock locked town with high-velocity moves, bouncing off the ropes like mad to hit the US Champ with crossbodies and clotheslines that knock the wind out of him. Kid tries to fight back with his usual mix of martial arts kicks and impact moves, but the Navigators keep him locked down with quick tags and corner traps and work him over. Eddy is helpless as they come in for the double team and set up the Most Excellent Kicks Mix in the center of the ring... but Kid Rock dodges, making Gorgeous boot his partner out of mid-flight!

Tonzura rolls all the way out of the ring fro the impact, and The DJ is clearly confused by what happened, and the opening allows Kid Rock to land the Bullgod, but he's too hurt to go for the pin. Gorgeous crawls to his corner to recover, but his partner is still being tended to by Oono so there is no tag to be had. Kid Rock on the other hand reaches Eddy, and Latino Heat unloads! Suplex, arm drag, suplex, headlock, neckbreaker, boston crab, all in a single fluid motion, and Eddy has DJ Gorgeous flat on his back and totally motionless. Tonzura slowly climbs back into the ring hoping to make the save, but he's too late as Eddy nails the Frog Splash and makes the pin.

After the match Raven appears on the ramp... and he's got Hector Guerrero tied up and gagged! He locks the defenseless Hector under his arm and asks Eddy for his opinion on the latest chapter of the Fall of the House of Guerrero? "This next part of the story gets a little graphic, Eddy. But there could still be a surprise happy ending. All you have to do is give me the TV title shot!"

Eddy seems torn, but finally refuses. "My family is a family of wrestlers, and my papi, Gory Guerrero, taught Hector just like he taught me: when you have a Championship, you have a responsibility to the company and to the people in the stands to do the right thing! I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT RAVEN!" Raven's response is to plant Hector on the ramp with an Evenflow DDT.

Eddy chases Raven to the back, and Kid Rock moves to follow and help him. But as soon as Kid slides out of the ring he gets ambushed by one of the camera men! It's DDP again! He beats Kid with the camera, ties his hands with the cables and stomps the US Champ into submission. He stands over Kid's body and throws up the Diamond Cutter sign with a BANG! As usual, Raven was great off-script

Rey Misterio, Jr. and Konnan defeat Ciclope and Perry Saturn! Konnan takes it to Ciclope early on because he seems more interested in taunting Misterio and trying to get him to tag in than in fighting him off, and Konnan is glad to use the distraction to show why Alex Wright should be on notice. He lands some big power moves and then rolls Ciclope up for a two-count, forcing the All-Seeing Eye to fight back with his chain-wrestling. Once the pace is slowed Konnan finds it nearly impossible to get his offense going again, but a smartly timed elbow strike allows him to make the tag!

Rey comes in with a big springboard senton and starts punching Ciclope in the face while sitting on his chest, but Ciclope manages to throw the smaller man off and escape back to his corner. Saturn tags in and hit Misterio hard with a double underhook powerbomb. He follows with a running knee drop then drags him up for some big right hands before prepairing him for an inverted atomic drop... but Misterio counters with a headscissors takedown! Misterio is a firebrand, nailing his signature high-flying offense and escaping all attempts by Saturn to strike back. The match is settled when Mistrio uses a diving Hurricanrana to throw Saturn onto the second rope, then whips through the second and third ropes to hit a kick to Saturn's head which sets up the West Coast Pop and the pinfall.

WCW Champion Randy Savage and Road Warrior Hawk come down to the ring for a promo. Hawk dismisses Lex Luger's comments last week that Savage can't stand up to the Flawless Diamonds. "I know Hennig and the Diamonds better than anyone! And knowing them, there's nobody he'd trust more to handle this crises than the Macho Man, just like there's nobody who is more deserving of the WCW Championship!" Savage thanks Hawk for his confidence and vows that he will beat Kevin Nash at Slamboree, just like he beat in the Elimination Chamber and retain his title! "This gold is goin' NOWHEEEEERE! DIG IT!"

King Steven Regal and Kevin Nash interrupt. The King mocks Savage, saying that he only won in the cage because he entered last and Nash had already endured the other competitors. "Randy Savage is nothing but a relic of a bygone age. And there's only one use for a relic: to serve as a trophy for someone more worthy." Nash says that King Regal is the smartest man in WCW. Not only does he know the proper place for dinosaurs like the Macho Man, he's also chosen the winning side in the Diamonds campaign to take over, which is more than he can say for any of the other schlubs backstage. He concludes by saying The Flawless Diamonds will capture the WCW title at Slamboree, and there's not a drat thing Hawk or Savage can do about it. Everyone did good off script except, weirdly, Nash

Rob Van Dam defeats Doug Williams. Not much to this contest due to short length, but Van Dam played to the crowd with a lot of flourish and leading them in "ROB-VAN-DAM" chants. Williams was clearly out-classed by the Educated Feet of Mr. Monday Night, and after a big spinning heel kick leads into Rolling Thunder the match is virtually over. A Five-Star Frog Splash sews up the win. These two had poor chemistry

After the match, Nelson X and Aaron Muhammad run in while RVD is celebrating! Muhammad grapples RVD while Nelson grabs a chair. He goes in to blast Van Dam from behind with the chair shot, but Sabu runs in just in time and spoils the ambush, dropkicking Nelson's chair so it hits him in the face! Nelson rolls to safety, and Sabu tosses RVD the Chair, who tosses it into Muhammad's hand and hits the Van Daminator! The Nation of Domination flees as Team X-treme stands tall.

Sting and Rick Steiner defeat Shark and Meng! Sting starts off against Meng strong, clearly looking to extract some retribution for what Meng put his friend Flair through in the chamber. Meng looks ready to tear Sting limb from limb after being forced into the corner and taking a Stinger Splash, but at Heenan's direction he makes an early tag out to Shark to avoid more damage.

Shark comes in hard and lays Sting out with a few power slams and an ironic corner splash of his own, throwing everything he's got at the Stinger but just not able to manage the pin after a few nearfalls. Sting rallies back hard after narrowly avoiding the Shark Bomb to make the hot tag. Rick comes in very hot and builds momentum fast with strikes and takedowns which capitalize on Sting's offense, eventually setting him up to repeat last nights feat of landing a Steiner Driver for the pinfall!

Bobby Heenan cuts a promo on Rick Steiner from the ramp, drawing his attention. He says his family may have lost the Championship, but Meng proved he's the most brutal man on the roster in that Chamber by destroying the mighty Nature Boy. Now he's going to turn that fury loose and finally make the Dog-Face Gremlin play dead!

Meng bull rushes Sting to throw him out of the ring and then applies the Tongan Death Grip to Steiner thanks to Heenan's distraction. Security are forced to physically separate them as Meng will not release the hold until Steiner is unconscious.

Video Promo: A man in a suit walks with purpose down a hallway. He kicks open a door, and we see a courtroom, the judge demanding to know what's going on. The camera pans back, smoke clouds the man standing in the doorway... but we hear a familiar snarl. The words "BACK IN SESSION" appear.

We then cut to the bowels of the arena, and see a sarcophagus in all the colors of the rainbow. An unidentifiable gloved hand brushes over the intricate carvings of fruit. A voice speaks from offscreen: "Everything has gone according to my plan. Nobody suspects. The Yummy Mummy's curse remains over WCW, and it only grows stronger. Soon, I will have my revenge!"

The coffin opens and the Yummy Mummy steps out without a word. The hand points to a far wall. "Great Pharoh of Flavor, lets your dark gaze fall over that man! Destroy him for me! Fulfill the promise of your curse!" The Mummy raises his arms and lets out a haunting moan, and the camera pans over to reveal... a wall covered in photos of Booker T!

VK Wallstreet defeats Chris Benoit when Arn Anderson interferes! Benoit starts off looking strong, practically flying around the ring and running circles around Wallstreet with a technician offense and stiff body shots. Benoit eventually gets Wallstreet into the corner and lands a brutal series of knife-edge chops and rib kicks before being forced apart by the ref. Wallstreet tries to rally back with a big boot and an impressive lariat but Benoit clearly outclasses him, eventually locking into the Crossface in the middle of the ring.

Wallstreet looks ready to tap but suddenly Arn Anderson appears, running down to the ring! He draws the refs attention by climbing on the apron just as Wallstreet begins to tap wildly! Since the bell hasn't run, Wallstreet gasps and claws himself towards the rope, grabbing it just as Arn loses the ref's attention, forcing him to break up the hold. Benoit is incensed and gets up to argue with the ref and with Anderson, only for the still winded Wallstreet to sneak up from behind and give Benoit the schoolboy rollup! The ref counts 1...2...3! Wallstreet steals a victory and IMMEDIATLY books it for the back, making sure that Anderson is between him and the Rabid Wolverine as he makes his escape. Arn simply crosses his arms and give a Benoit, who is ALMOST too shocked to be angry (but not quite), his biggest smug smirk.

Anderson mocks Benoit after the match, saying that was just the tip of the iceberg. "Chris, I'm going to take away everything from you. Because you had the arrogance to think you could challenging me, I'll make sure the mighty Crippler never wins another match, never earns another dime, and never knows a moment's happiness."

Benoit picks up a mic and says "Nice speech Arn. Allow me to present my rebuttal," before catapulting himself over the top rope and nailing Arn with a plancha. Arn books it out of the Arena through the crowd, escaping Benoit's revenge, but The Rabid Wolverine poses at the top of the stairs for the fans.

Backstage, Cruiser Champion Alex Wright chastises Doug Williams for losing to RVD. Williams reminds Wright that he doesn't have time to be worried about appearances when Konnan picked up a victory tonight. The Champ grimaces and says that an barbarian like Konnan couldn't possibly defeat a Blue Blood like him and clutches his title closely. He swears that on THIS Cinco De Mayo, Europe is going be the one who beats Mexico!

Main Event: Scott Hall defeats Lex Luger! Scott Hall comes out with the Flawless Diamond himself in his corner. Hennig gives Hall some instructions as Luger makes his way to the ring, and the Badguy and the Total Package share an intense staredown until Hall slaps him full in the face. Luger responds by body tackling Hall to the matt and mercilessly beating him as the starting bell rings. Hall fights his way out of the brawl and checks out of the ring for a breather as Luger taunts him. When he reenters the ring, Hall scouts Luger's suplex attempt and gets him into a headlock, wrenching his neck as he mocks the audience. Luger powers out and Irish Whips looking for an early Forearm Smash (or as Tenay calls it, the Luger Bullet), but Hall begs off again and rolls out of the ring, eating up the boos.

Luger quickly becomes enraged and goes after him, and the match devolves into big punches and slams into the barricades and ring stairs. After a particularly nasty military press drops him stomach first onto the metal divider, Hall limps back into the ring. Luger pursues only to be taken down with a legbar! Hall gains momentum quickly and blasts Lex with some nasty punches and a corner lariat which earns him a two. He follows up with his patented second rope fallaway slam for another two. A diving bulldog gives him a 2.9, and he arrogantly slaps Luger in the back of the head for kicking out... which in turn causes Luger to wrap his arm around Halls neck and start punching him in the forehead as fast as he can! Hall tries to squirm out of Lex's hold but the Total Package's strength is too great! Without releasing his opponent's head he delivers a bulldog of his own, rolls over and lands a DDT! Hall seems to be out, and Luger hoists him into his shoulders looking for the Torture Rack... but he's too close to the ropes and Hall manages to grab one on the way up.

Luger is clearly flabbergasted at this turn of events, and after he releases the hold he turn on the ref and starts asking if he's on the Diamond's payroll, if he's another part of the conspiracy! He's so incensed with his argument that he doesn't notice when Hall pulls him into rollup... and puts his feet on the ropes for leverage without the ref noticing! The official counts the three without seeing Hall cheat, giving the Diamond Stud a tainted victory!

Luger snaps after the match and goes after Hennig, looking to avenge being cheated. Hennig goads him, which makes him oblivious to Hall going for a chair until it hits him from behind. Hall gets in a few more shots until Flair runs down to help with a chair of his own! The two Horsemen run the Diamonds off.

Flair grabs a mic and tells Hennig that he won't let the Flawless Diamond cheat his friend Lex again! "There won't be any tricks this time Hennig! Because this time, THE NATURE BOY will be in Lex Luger's corner! You can bet your rear end that you won't be sneaking anything past the Dirtiest Player in the Game! And that means that Luger is walking out of Slamboree as the AWA CHAMPION! WOOOOOO!"

Lots of good segments on this show, and more than enough new storylines to peak my interest! I'd give the show a solid B

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 12, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bischoff's Shameful Secret posted:

I got spoilers for the last episode of WCW Saturday Night! See you next week on Worlwide!

Eric Bischoff starts the show, acts smug about the launch of WCW Worldwide next week, says the action will be better than ever before!

Champagne Chris Kanyon defeats Ultimo Dragon

Nation of Domination (Nelson X and Aaron Muhammad) vs. The Rock'n'Roll Express, Nelson goes over with a handful of tights.

Teddy Long promo putting over Nation and belittling Sabu / RVD, talking about how until you've faced the oppression of the man you don't know what Extreme is.

James Maritato defeats El Hijo del Santo, also holding his tights in a rollup, but until that point it was a very even match. Maritato would make a great cruiserweight!

Beulah McGillicutty was there to advocate for her client, Rey Misterio Jr.! As much as she'd love to see what kind of cutey he is behind that mask, she knows nothing is more important to her client than Luchador traditions! So please, cheer him on at Slamboree in his match against Ciclope so he can finally unmask that jerk!

Christian Cage defeated Psicosis clean

Chavo Guerrero cut a promo, saying that Raven's attacks on their family won't go unanswered!

Main Event: Eddy Guerrero vs Bam Bam Bigelow, TV Title on the line! Eddy Retains in an all-out match! This was a real blowout! Eddy and Bam Bam both went full throttle, all their signature spots. They made the TV title look like a million bucks and gave Saturday Night one hell of a sendoff. Its just a drat shame that they had so-little in-ring chemistry because just in terms of effort they blew the doors of the joint!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NewJack420 posted:

Alright guys, back from the show and ECW is still on a roll! Didn't catch all the dark matches this week, was doing Sandman proud and slamming down beers. The one match I did catch was Hardwork Bobby Walker against Kurt Angle. Don't think you need me to tell you how this one turned out. Bobby tried but Angle dominated him just like he's dominated everyone else, tapping in the middle to the ankle lock after a few minutes of mat wrestling.

---

Once again Paul E. came out to start the show. "We're just two weeks from our first pay-per-view..." He paused for the E-C-DUB chants. "...so, you people watching at home, make sure you contact your cable or satellite provider and tell them you want to see the BEST in professional wrestling. 'Cause when you do, you're gonna see the Pitbulls take on the team of Satoshi Kojima and Kensuke Sasaki to see who will be the number one contenders for the World Tag Team Championships!"

Suddenly Heyman got cut off.

At the top of the ramp is Bulldozer Brian Lee, he shoved a security guy in his yellow shirt aside! He's yelling and cursing up a storm at Paul E. all the way down the ramp. "I told you before, Paul! I want to take on a challenger of MY choosing, at MY time, at MY choosing, when I'M ready for him, at my... time!" Lee looked even more intimidating when you figure he's got about a foot on Paul, but he was stumbling over his words pretty bad so he just looked like a jackass.

Paul E. pointed an accusing finger at him as he comes down, cutting him off before he could gently caress up any longer. "That's not up to you, Brian! That's up to me! And thanks to you, we don't have a #1 contender! They may not be able to wrestle for weeks, so guess what? At Hardcore Rising, you're going to take on D'Lo Brown... and Barrabas Jr... in a THREE! WAY! DANCE!"

Brian Lee advanced towards Paul E. and Paul started talking immediately. "You lay one finger on me and you can kiss that title and your job goodbye. And that's not all. You've got a match tonight, Mister Bulldozer. A match against the Sandman." The crowd erupted around me. We knew we're gonna see a mauling tonight! "Better go get ready, it's the main event." Brian Lee storms off back up the ramp.

---

Shane Douglas took on Vito LoGrasso in our first match, if you can say that. He just beat the poo poo out of him for 10 minutes. Shane held a clinic on hardcore wrestling, he looked really, really pissed. The Franchise suplexed Vito through a table and mercifully finished him off with the Pittsburgh Plunge, 1-2-3.

As soon as Shane pinned Vito he motioned for a mic. "HEY! I know you're back there, Angle! This message is for you! I don't need to be able to tell you what a kimura lock is to do THIS to you!" He pointed his arm at the crimson masked Vito LoGrasso, still on the ground among the wreckage of a table after eating a brainbuster. "You're gonna be wearing a NECK BRACE, not a medal after I'm through with you! You know, you're right, Angle, I'm not an Olympic wrestler. I'm nothing you've ever seen before. I'm not afraid of you. Do you think you know pain? I KNOW pain! You don't get to be the Franchise unless know how to receive pain and you know how to inflict pain! And Angle, in two weeks, you're going to be in a WORLD of PAIN!" Everyone went nuts for this promo like nothing else I've seen since ECW came back other than Piper's first appearance.

---

After the match, Green Hills of Tyrol played. We get a bunch of clips of Piper and his famous antics in the WWF (courtesy Coliseum Video, of course), like his match against Mr. T, throwing coconuts at Jimmy Snuka, and bottling himself, set to the famous bagpipe music. At the end is Rowdy Roddy Piper himself, standing in front of a giant WWF flag and staring defiantly into the camera. Bad guy or not, the crowd loves them some Piper. The only guy who got a reaction that big all night was Shane Douglas just before.

---

Next up was the Pitbulls taking on Tommy Dreamer and Jimmy Del Ray. Dreamer was out first, he mingled with the crowd a bit, some dude offered him a drink which he took and gave to another guy, such a bro! Jimmy was out second with his foot and ankle all taped up, he was looking a bit shaky on his feet like he was struggling to stand, goddamn Angle is a douche bag. Then the Pitbulls came out, both with a dog collar and chain round their necks being led to the ring by Francine who is looking super hot! They were snarling and getting in the fans faces smack talking, looked like they were about to start a fight before Francine yanked on their chains and pulled them towards the ring. Also they where announced as Pitbull 1 and Pitbull A? Eh sure I guess.

Dreamer started the match wanting Del Ray to take it easy on his foot, but boy was he not up to the challenge. The Pitbulls ran roughshod through this match, whatever Dreamer tried to do the Pitbulls just over powered him. Pitbulls had some crazy moves with the dog chain as well, getting Dreamer into the corner and choking him out with it, both Pitbulls doing a running clothesline with the chain, it was nasty. After a long beat down Dreamer managed to pull something back after hitting Pitbull A with a DDT, he crawled over to his corner and tagged in Del Ray who began to kick the poo poo out of Pitbull A, even managing to nail him with a superkick! Sweet! Or maybe not so sweet as he grabbed his foot afterwards and started crying out in pain, moron hit him with his bad foot. Pitbull 1 used this chance to run in and tackle him down to the ground, Pitbull A by this point had recovered and took out Dreamer laying him outside the ring.

Pitbull 1 rolled Del Ray onto his stomach as Pitbull A climbed back into the ring, dog chain in hand. They both took a long length of the chain and wrapped it around Del Ray's throat, they then both took a leg and pull off a double STF on Jimmy while choking him with the chain! A friend of mine who was watching said that Francine told Styles that was called the STFU. Del Ray was choking, sputtering and had to tap, that didn't stop the Pitbulls though as they continued until he passed out. Man they are nasty S.O.B's.

---

Joel Gertner was outside Angle's dressing room. "I'm Joel, 'here with the Olympic gold medalist, I hope he's not too pissed, cause he's the ONLY MAN BETTER THAN ME WITH A FIST', Gertner. Coming to you from outside Kurt Angle's dressing room with an exclusive interview to respond to Shane Douglas' statement just now." Joel meekly knocked on the door.

Angle answered. "What do YOU want?"

Gertner replied, "I'm here for our scheduled interview, to, to see what your response to Shane Douglas is. Didn't they tell you?"

"Oh, that..." Angle nodded and motions for Joel. "Come in, come in. I'll answer all your questions."

Joel Gertner went into Angle's dressing room, but he slammed the door in the cameraman's face! Gertner screamed and there's crashing and breaking noises from behind the door. The cameraman ran away.

---

We're on screen with Styles. "I, uh, we'll get you an update on Joel Gertner's condition as soon as we can. But in the meantime, we've got a great match for you next week fans, a preview of the main event of Hardcore Rising! Six-man tag team action where Shane Douglas, D'Lo Brown, and Hardwork Bobby Walker will face off against Brian Lee, Barrabas Jr., and the Olympic hero himself, Kurt Angle! You're not gonna get action like that up north or down south! But right now, the Bulldozer, Brian Lee, is going to take on the Sandman!"

---

Brian Lee was in the ring while the lights dim and the familiar intro to "Enter Sandman" hits. The crowd went nuts as ECW favourite Sandman made his way to the ring... slowly. After a few minutes of drinking, smoking and debauchery, Sandman was finally in the ring and we're ready to begin. Gertner showed up on commentary about halfway through the match wearing a neck brace and sounding like he just drank a bottle of codeine cough syrup. Overall it was an okay match, but you know what they say: a 15 minute Sandman match is 10 minutes of entrance and 5 minutes of caning. Eventually Al Snow made his way to the ring, with that weird mannequin head, muttering things to it as he petted it. Both Sandman and Brian Lee kept glancing over at him, clearly confused as to what he was doing. Al made it clear enough when he jumped in the ring with a chair, nailing Sandman with it from behind! Lee used this distraction to grab Sandman by the throat and chokeslam him hard onto the mat, 1-2-3.

Brian lifted his title triumphantly in the air with a smug look on his face, he's happy with the win as he struted to the back. Al Snow however kept beating Sandman with the chair and eventually his own cane to end the show. Sandman was laid out face down and bleeding on the mat. Snow set Head down facing him and Sandman and said something about an offering. The show ended with him crawling over, turning over the Sandman, and rocking him back and forth like a baby while screaming about how he did this for "you". Sandman was totally out of it, but Al is just nuts. Purple Haze plays as Al stands tall to end the show.

Not as good as last week but man that Douglas promo made the show, gotta go with (E-)C-(-DUB).

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 14, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Douglas vs Angle is getting tense. Poor Gurtner. Al Snow's gonna stab somebody.

Meanwhile up north, Scotty continues to amuse, and the intruige surrounding Goldust's injury is interesting. Also I marked out for the Box Office Bossman. But I hate seeing Taz drop a pinfall to Vader. He better tear Fucktrain's head off at Deadly Games.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

Meanwhile up north, Scotty continues to amuse, and the intruige surrounding Goldust's injury is interesting. Also I marked out for the Box Office Bossman. But I hate seeing Taz drop a pinfall to Vader. He better tear Fucktrain's head off at Deadly Games.

Nice job reforming the New Age Outlaws, WCW. Good for you that they're successful, but screw them for beating the Thrillseekers. But really, good job fixing your storylines and making them interesting (and realistic, Benoit was never good on the mic).

Oh, and I think I know who the Yummy Mummy is now! It's Jeff Jarrett! I think. Or Dan Severn.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Nice job reforming the New Age Outlaws, WCW. Good for you that they're successful, but screw them for beating the Thrillseekers. But really, good job fixing your storylines and making them interesting (and realistic, Benoit was never good on the mic).

Oh, and I think I know who the Yummy Mummy is now! It's Jeff Jarrett! I think. Or Dan Severn.

No, no, no, think about who else we may not have seen since Yummy Mummy showed up. Dean Malenko

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Actually Benoit has developed his mic skills significantly. He spent almost a year doing weekly segments with Nash, Hall and Arn and it made him pretty solid. He's even not horrible at unscripted poo poo anymore, or at least he blunders it far less often.

Also, I wouldn't write off the Thrillseekers just yet. Expect further developments on that front.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SURVEY TIME!

WWF IN YOUR HOUSE 15: DEADLY GAME!

JUST ANNOUNCED ON WWF.COM:
Rocky Maivia vs Steve Corino

Marc Mero vs Bob Holly

Legion Of Violence vs Skunkrocker and Bulldog for the tag titles

Mark Henry vs Scotty Bollea for the Pan-Am title

Chris Jericho vs Roddy Piper for the IC title

Hart Foundation vs TMPT

Deadly Games 6-Pack: HBK vs Mankind vs Taz vs Fucktrain vs Vader vs Undertaker

E: In Your House 15 is very close to being ready to post, we just need to finish 3 matches. The good people of the World Wrestling Federation thank you for your patience.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 13, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sanguinia posted:

Actually Benoit has developed his mic skills significantly. He spent almost a year doing weekly segments with Nash, Hall and Arn and it made him pretty solid. He's even not horrible at unscripted poo poo anymore, or at least he blunders it far less often.

Problem with ECW is we love letting Paul E. go unscripted, but you can't mix scripted/unscripted without penalties so sometimes you get Brian "Sid Vicious" Lee up there.

Sanguinia posted:

On the other hand, Douglas got a B- for that promo when we cut him loose which is amazing at our popularity. :smug:

:rip: Gertner.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

On the other hand, Douglas got a B- for that promo when we cut him loose which is amazing at our popularity. :smug:

Oh god, Shane Douglas getting over cannot lead to anything but sorrow. I wish you all luck.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

StraightShooter@aol.com posted:

WWF IN YOUR HOUSE 15: DEADLY GAME!

JUST ANNOUNCED ON WWF.COM:
Rocky Maivia vs Steve Corino vs Vic Venom

Marc Mero vs Bob Holly vs Vic Venom

Legion Of Violence vs Skunkrocker and Bulldog vs Vic Venom and Vince Russo for the tag titles

Mark Henry vs Scotty Bollea vs Vic Venom for the Pan-Am title

Chris Jericho vs Roddy Piper vs Vic Venom for the IC title

Hart Foundation vs TMPT vs Vic Venom and Vince Russo

Deadly Games 6-Pack: HBK vs Mankind vs Taz vs Fucktrain vs Vader vs Undertaker vs Vic Venom

An' dat's a spoilah.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Oh god, Shane Douglas getting over cannot lead to anything but sorrow. I wish you all luck.

We will get Al Snow over or die trying.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm in a bit of a spot here because I really like this game and have had fun trying to get the guys in my storyline over, but we're hitting the thickest part of the semester and I clearly was not anticipating how much work it would entail (seriously, the most strenuous semester I may have ever had). I don't want to drop out but I'm not sure if I can be in the writers' room consistently enough - Sanguinia's been writing the segments lately and that's not really fair to him.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm in a bit of a spot here because I really like this game and have had fun trying to get the guys in my storyline over, but we're hitting the thickest part of the semester and I clearly was not anticipating how much work it would entail (seriously, the most strenuous semester I may have ever had). I don't want to drop out but I'm not sure if I can be in the writers' room consistently enough - Sanguinia's been writing the segments lately and that's not really fair to him.

Do what I do. I write a segment when the writing bug hits me but otherwise I'm just idling in the writers room to bounce ideas off of.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I'm doing a current day playthrough of this game. I re-named TNA to UCW (Universal Championship Wrestling), and changed their product to be a bit more match-centric, which led to them falling from #3 to #6 due to the rebranding and loss of fans. I'm making a profit, and gaining popularity, but I might lose Spike and PPV providers due to poor ratings as I try to rebuild from Regional size back up to Cult by running shows in New England to expand my base of popularity.

My Heavyweight champ is Brutus Magnus (I gave him his first name back), who will be defending against Samoa Joe at the next PPV. My Cruiserweight champ is Jay Briscoe, who'll be defending against Sanada. My Tag Team champs are Jimmy Jacobs and Abyss, who call themselves Pure Hatred, and they'll be defending against the American Wolves (I gave them their patriotism back). The Women's Champ is Amazing Kong, who'll be defending against Havok.

Each champ was determined in a tournament, which also seeded a ranking system that I keep track of in my text document for the playthrough, despite that the game will never take the idea that the whole league is ranked into effect.

Sometimes it's good to be a horrible nerd.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

In my game I started a cult-level fed and since the mod was outdated I decided to kill TNA's TV deal and gave them at $0 treasury to speed up their decline (even for an August mod, they had TNA as wayyyy too healthy). They put on a 200-attendance show at a Charles E. Cheese in Florida, featuring only midcard talent, then laid them all off the next day. Still holding tight to their big names til the end of the month, I suppose. I picked up Abyss for his suspiciously good stats and put him to work as a trainer in my lil developmental fed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm currently running an ROH game, and I've managed to bring them to National level before falling back down to Cult after a few national battles didn't go our way. We're still selling out the IZOD Center for PPVs, though. Though it is such a pain when one of our PPVs is on a saturday and like half our upper card is busy in NJPW.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik Usenet Report posted:

Live from the Omni, it's In Your House 15: Deadly Games!

Dark: Fucktrain talks about sex for 10 minutes. He ran out of material halfway through and just started talking about a movie he saw recently, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. It sounded okay.
Dark: Nishimura/Tajiri, Nishimura wins
Dark: Promo by Goldust, calling the crowd hicks who live in a worthless flyover state. Whereas Fucktrain couldn't spend 10 minutes talking about sex, Goldust berated the crowd for 8 minutes straight and didn't reuse a single barb. Truly a star.
Dark: Dark Carnival vs. Bart Gunn and Stevie Ray, Ray pins Doink
Dark: Paul Bearer Promo, talking up Kane.
Dark: Kane and KKB vs Kal Kirby and URSUS,Kane pins URSUS. Kane looked good.

SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT

Rocky and Taz are in the ring. Rocky has a mic.

"Hey, Taz, tonight, I get to face Steve Corino. You faced him at Wrestlemania. Do you have any advice?"
"Yeah. He's a punk! You're better than him, you'll get the win easily!" Taz responded. The two of them laugh. "I, on the other hand, got a shot at the big prize today. The number one title in the company. I am facing five of the top names in the WWF for a chance at that Gold-Faced Freak's title."
Rocky started to lay out his opponents. "You've got to break the heart of the Heartbreak Kid, match the madness of Mankind, tame the Mastodon, Vader, derail the Fucktrain, and give the Undertaker his last rites. Do you think you can do it, Taz?"
"Yeah."
"I can't hear you, DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT, TAZ?"
"Yeah!"
"I SAID I CAN'T HEAR YOU! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ON ALL 5 OF YOUR OPPONENTS TONIGHT, SUPLEX THEM INTO OBLIVION, CRAWWWWWL ONTO ONE OF THEIR BODIES, GET THAT 3 COUNT, AND WIN THAT WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD?"
"YE-!"
"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! BECAUSE THE ROCK KNOWS YOU CAN DO IT! YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT! AND WE BOTH KNOW THAT YOU WILL DO IT! BUT ENOUGH ABOUT YOU, IT'S TIME FOR THE ROCK TO DO HIS THING!"
The two of them, all fired up, call out Corino for his match.
"Now will the poor Million Dollar Prospect come out so I can work off some of this energy I built up firing up my good buddy Taz?"

Rocky Maivia/Steve Corino, Maivia wins with the Urunage.

Ted DiBiase starts yelling at Maivia from outside the ring, distracting Maivia long enough for King Kong Bundy to ambush him. Stevie Ray runs in to help and cuts a promo about wanting to join their group. Talks about leaving his home, his family, everything he'd ever known for a fresh start. They accept. "Stevie... you're in. Welcome to the Trailblazers."

Bob Holly/Marc Mero, Mero wins after Sable interference with a High Hopes SSP.

Marc Mero got on the mic, his lovely girlfriend Sable at his side.
"You know, I look at bullies like Bob Holly here, and I don't hate them. I don't even dislike them. I pity them. Because they don't choose to put other people down. They can't choose. Because they haven't taken the opportunity to become the Champion of their own Choices. I'd like all the little Marcs out there watching this to know that they can change. They can be like me! All they have to do... is THINK POZ!"

PPV intro video with Vince McMahon voiceover. "The Deadly Games begin tonight!"
Video of Austin and HHH interfering in Owen's title defense is played.
"The Hart Foundation seeks revenge on the Power Trip, after the devious machinations of Stone Cold and HHH helped Goldust obtain Owen Hart's WWF title! Will the blood of the covenant prove thicker than the water of the womb?"
Jericho beating down Roddy Piper
"Chris Jericho, the Intercontinental Champion, defends his title against his former mentor Roddy Piper! Will the student surpass the master?"
Goldust snickering with his WWF title.
"And finally, the Deadly Games match for #1 Contendership to Goldust's WWF title! Who will come out on top?"

British Bulldog and Skunkrocker(c) vs Ken Shamrock and Shigeki Sato
WWF Tag Team Titles

Skunkrocker and Sato begin the match, and Skunkrocker absolutely demolishes Sato with kicks, holds, and punches before tagging in Bulldog, who demolishes Sato further before Sato is able to drop out of a military press with a dropkick and tag in Shamrock.

Shamrock runs wild on Bulldog and Skunk, hitting dual clotheslines, a double elbow drop, and then suplexing Skunk onto Davey before pushing Skunk out of the ring. He goes for the ankle lock on Smith, but Davey reverses it into a cradle.

1...2...2.9, Shamrock reverses the cradle into a crossface, but Davey flips over into another pinning predicament.

1...2...2.9, Davey maneuvers out of the pin and hits the ropes before rollicking Davey with a discus back elbow. He whips Davey into Skunk's turnbuckle, but Skunk tags in, goes to the top, and flies at Shamrock with a dropkick! Shamrock catches the kick, and rolls Skunkrocker into the ankle lock! Skunk taps immediately.

The Legion Of Violence are your new Tag Team Champions of the Woooooooorld!

After the match, Cornette is livid. "GodDAMNIT, Skunk, what did I tell you? If those titles go, you're GONE! You've disappointed me long enough!"

Skunkrocker is inconsolable. "No, Mr. Cornette, please don't! I got nowhere else to go! You, Vader, and Bulldog are the family I never had!"

Cornette just turns his back on Skunkrocker, who slinks away heartbroken. Skunkrocker was terrible in this segment.

Piper promo on Jericho, about how an insolent little whelp like him can't beat The Hot Scot in any contest: physical, mental, hell, not even Russian Roulette!

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Roddy Piper, No DQ
WWF Intercontinental Title

After both men were introduced, they stand off in the middle of the ring, almost daring each other to strike first. Harsh words are exchanged, and as they insult each other they inch closer and closer to each other, until they are screaming at each other with their foreheads pressed together. Piper strikes first with a headbutt, rattling Jericho. Piper then starts raining in strikes, driving Jericho to the ropes, all the while screaming "YOU LITTLE WHELP, THE DAY I LOSE TO A PUNK LIKE YOU IS THE DAY I BURN MY TARTAN AND RENOUNCE MY NAME!" Piper goes on like that, until the ref has to pry him off Jericho, who then slides under the ropes to the outside. Jericho shuffles about under the ring, before pulling out a guitar case marked PROPERTY OF FOZZY. He smirks a bit, before setting it aside to play to the crowd, flipping his hair around and taking a bow. This is met with boos, of course. Jericho is so busy gadabouting that he doesn't notice Piper bringing a chair around, leaving him wide open for a chairshot to the back(met with a pop, of course) before Piper rolls him into the ring and covers.

1...2, Jericho kicks out. Jericho gets up and starts laying in with strikes to Piper, who responds with a few punches of his own, and some fancy footwork. He learned something from those bouts with Mr. T. Eventually, Piper has Jericho on the ropes, hits a few lefts, and hits a BIG right haymaker, knocking Jericho over the ropes! Jericho staggers on the outside, and Piper shoots a look at the crowd while tapping the side of his head. Piper goes through the ropes, and goes after Jericho, who has surreptitiously opened the one closed latch on the guitar case. As Piper comes around the corner, Jericho swings open the case, grabs the neck of the guitar, and EL KABONG! The guitar shatters on Piper's skull! Jericho plays to the crowd a bit more, before rolling Piper into the ring and pinning.

1...2...2.9, Piper gets his foot on the rope. Jericho pulls Piper to his feet, and lays in a flurry of strikes. Piper fights through just to stand up, and eventually tries for a big right hand! Jericho ducks this and hits a low blow! Jericho knocks the staggering Piper into the corner, and goes to the opposite turnbuckle. He gets the collapsed Piper in his sights, and barrels into the corner with a dropkick straight to Piper's head, clattering Piper's skull against the post. As Jericho gloats to the crowd, medical staff check on an unmoving Piper before the ref declares him unable to continue.

Jericho wins.

Jericho beats down an unconscious Piper until medical staff and referees tear him away. As Piper is stretchered away, Jericho screams in his face, "WHO'S THE MAN, BAYBAY?"

Mark Henry vs Scotty Bollea
Pan-American Championship
Scott's Rules Yappapi Strap Match

As the ref ties Scotty and Mark together with the strap, Bollea is posing and preening for the crowd, Scottying up as he calls it. The bell rings, and Scotty starts getting up in Mark's face, daring him to run the ropes. Mark is incredulous.

"You want me to run the ropes?"
"YEAH, NEIGHBOR! RUN THOSE ROPES SO THE SCOTTSTER CAN SHOW YOU WHAT REAL STRENGTH IS!"
"You sure"
"I SAID SO, DIDN'T I?"
"Just sayin', I'm more than 400 pounds of pure milk chocolate."
"JUST RUN THOSE drat ROPES!"

Henry complies, and rebounds with a lariat, turning Scotty inside out. Scotty, stumbling to his feet, again tells him to run the ropes, this time the opposite side. Mark complies, and again demolishes Scotty. He waits patiently for Scotty to get to his feet.

"Run-koff-run the ropes, neighbor! I-I can take it!"

Mark goes to the ropes again, but Scotty surprises him with a low blow, and once Mark is down, goes for the corners immediately!
1-this one is close enough to tag
2-he has to drag Mark a little, and it takes an unimaginable effort to do so
3-he has to tag this one with his foot, and he just barely makes it to 4 when Mark pulls the rope, pops Scotty up, and SLAMS him down for the World's Strongest Slam before going for the corners.

1-2-3-4, Mark wins and retains the Pan-American Championship.

Deadly Games video package: Goldust and Ted DiBiase are in a lavish room. Goldust, seated in a beautiful leather armchair, is reading from a large leather-bound book. Ted DiBiase is by his side.

"Hello. I am your WWF Champion, Goldust, and this is... Masterpiece Theater. I present to you a tale of hubris and avarice, as 6 unwitting wrestlers compete for a shot at your wWF champion... [snffffffff] Gooooooooldust. Tonight, you will see pain, you will see glory, you will see the sum total of the human condition... in the Deadly Games.

May I present to you... the
DRAMATIS PERSONAE

The Undertaker, who's still sore about my controlling him for months and using him to obtain the Money In The Bank briefcase, and with it this wWF title.
Fucktrain, a newcomer under the wing of my dear beneficiary Ted DiBiase.
Taz, formerly Ted DiBiase's golden child, who so callously turned on him before tearing a swath through his entire organization, culminating in a match at Wrestlemania where he submitted Steve Corino, the Million Dollar Prospect.
Vader, former wWF Champion, aiming to get back what once was his.
Mankind, looking for redemption after the betrayal of his former tag team partner Shawn Michaels.
The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels himself. Not only is he looking to regain the title he lost almost a year ago, but he wants to show his former partner just what was dragging Heartbreak down.

Of course, none of these contenders stand a chance once they get in the ring with me. Anything to add, Ted?"

"OH LORD, WHAT FOOLS THESE MORTALS BE! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!"

Deadly Game #1 Contender Salacious Six-Pack: HBK vs The Undertaker vs Mankind vs Vader vs Fucktrain Vicious vs Taz

The match starts out intense, with everyone piling into the middle of the ring for a brawl. Eventually it splits, with Mankind whipping the Heartbreak Kid to the ropes and clotheslining the both of them to the outside, and Fucktrain piling on punches to Taz in the corner, leaving Vader and Undertaker in the middle of the ring. They do the standard big man gambit, Vader clubbing Taker with forearm blows, Taker responding with fists, until Taz pushes Fucktrain out of the corner and into the both of them. Taz proceeds to go wild on the three staggering giants! He grabs Fucktrain around the waist, and hits a german suplex! He then hits the ropes and knocks Taker loopy with a Brooklyn Boot(though since he has to jump to get it to connect, it's more of a kick), before going behind, locking Taker's arms behind his back, and hitting a tiger suplex! After that, he sets his sights on Vader. He goes to the ropes, hits an Angry Man's Clothesline, goes back and hits another, hits a third for good measure, then locks his arms around Vader, and with an exertion of effort that would give Samson a hernia, he lifts Vader up, twirls around, and plants him down in a belly-to-belly suplex! He goes for a pin.

1...2, Vader kicks out! Taz drags Vader up, and whips him over the ropes to where Michaels and Mankind have been brawling. He picks up The Undertaker, but Taker reverses the whip, sending Taz to the outside! Fucktrain tries to get the drop on Undertaker, but Taker whips him to outside too before executing a massive dive onto all 5 men! HBK is the first to stir, and drags Undertaker into the ring. He goes up top, and hits a picture perfect elbow drop!

1...2, Mankind breaks up the pin! They start brawling until Fucktrain barrels through them both with a double clothesline! He then starts running wild, hitting HBK, Mankind, and Taker both with Big Boots!

Meanwhile, Taz and Vader are brawling on the apron. Taz locks his arms around the gut of Vader, heaves once, heaves twice, and on the third heave is able to hit an enormous German suplex onto the apron! Vader clatters to the floor, unmoving, as Taz runs into the ring and cuts off Fucktrain's rampage with a Tazplex! He keeps the hold on, and applies the bodyscissors!

Taz cinches in the Tazmission on Fucktrain in the middle of the ring, but King Kong Bundy runs... well, waddles, but you get what I mean, out and starts laying in on Taz! Fucktrain and KKB begin to gang up on The Human Suplex Machine, but Rocky Maivia and Stevie Ray run in! Stevie takes down Fucktrain with a bicycle kick while Maivia lays in a series of punches on KKB. Maivia steps back to wind up for a big one, but when he goes for it, KKB hits a bodyslam on him! KKB goes for the Avalanche Splash, but Taz meets him with a big boot! This doesn't take King Kong down, though, so Taz grabs him around the waist, hoists him up, and turns for a belly-to-belly, planting King Kong Bundy on the canvas! Rocky and Stevie pull King Kong out of the ring and start dragging him to the back, but unbeknownst to Taz, Fucktrain has set up a table on the outside! Sid gets back in the ring, and surprises Taz with a kick to the midsection! Fucktrain puts Taz in the powerbomb position, swivels his pelvis, and lifts Taz up for a Big Sweaty Bomb into the table on the floor!

As HBK, Taker, and Mankind begin to stir, Fucktrain taunts them all. Mankind is up first, and runs at Fucktrain, only to be hoisted up for a military press and thrown at a charging HBK, landing in a crossbody position! The Undertaker runs at him as well, but is low bridged to the outside! After Mankind lands on HBK, he hooks the leg and the ref begins the count!

1...2...2.9, HBK kicks out! HBK and Mankind start to brawling again, but Fucktrain goes for another double clothesline! They duck, and on the rebound catch him in a double suplex!

After a wordless pause, Mankind and HBK both stand up. HBK goes to the corner to tune up the band, and Mankind locks eyes with him, standing by Fucktrain. Fucktrain recovers from the double suplex, and staggers to his feet right in time for HBK to hit Sweet Chin Music! Fucktrain falls right into Mankind's arms, and into a double arm DDT!

Mankind goes for the pin!

1...Michaels breaks up the pin! he kicks a still unmoving Fucktrain to the outside and begins to lay into Mankind as Undertaker crawls back into the ring.

Mankind, Taker, and HBK fight more, until Undertaker hits the Last Ride onto Heartbreak into the turnbuckles, then turns and grabs Mankind and sets up for a chokeslam. He lifts him once, and Mankind stops him with an elbow. Heartbreak is grabbing the ropes, trying to pull himself to his feet. Taker tries to lift Mankind again, but Mankind goes for another elbow, and another and another until Taker has to let him down. Shawn has just barely gotten to his feet, and begins tuning up the band. Taker starts to grab for the chokeslam again, but Mankind dodges the grab, and hits Taker with a kick to the shin just as Heartbreak hits the Sweet Chin Music to the external occipital protuberance(as Gorilla Monsoon would say) of the Undertaker! SWEET OBLIVION STRIKES AGAIN! Undertaker falls forward, to the side of Mankind, flopping onto his back.

Mankind and Shawn look at each other. Then Undertaker. Then each other. HBK immediately hits Mankind with a Sweet Chin Music as Mankind hits him with a Sweet Shin Music. Both men fall, but Mankind lands on top of The Undertaker. The ref begins to count the pin.

1...2...3! Mankind wins! Mankind wins! The ref lifts Mankind's hand in victory as he begins to stir. Once he realizes he's won, he starts to smile, until--

Goldust comes out, crutchless and braceless, to confront the weary Mankind.

"I can walk! I CAN WALK! MEIN FURHER, I CAN WALK! Peter Sellers, Stanley Kubrick's immortal Dr. Strangelove. Yes, Mick, I'm alllll better now, and you're going to get your title match.

Right..."

Box Office Bossman comes out and batters Mankind, who has only barely gotten to his feet, with a billy club.

"...now."

WWF Title
Goldust (c) vs Mankind

Goldust steps into the ring, and puts a foot on the unmoving Mankind.

1...2...2.9, as Mankind lifts one shoulder up.

Goldust, outraged, pulls Mankind to his feet, and sets up for the Curtain Call. Mankind flips over, though, and pushes Goldust to the turnbuckle before laying in strikes. He wears Goldust down to a seated position, then staggers to the opposite turnbuckle before letting out a primal shreak and going for a knee lift in the corner! Goldust dodges, though, and hooks Mankind into the ropes, before going to the opposite turnbuckle and hitting the running dropkick to the groin, which JR refers to as "Shattered Dreams, not only for Mankind's title hopes, but for his hopes of bearing any more children!" Goldust drags Mankind to his feet, hits the Curtain Call, and pins.

1...2...3. Goldust is still WWF Champion.

We got a video package for the Harts/TMPT match, going over all their history.

Hart Foundation vs Two Man Power Trip

The TMPT enter first, to boos and jeers from the crowd. The Harts get a big pop as they enter. Owen and Triple H start in the ring, locking up collar-and-elbow. The bigger man, Hunter seems to get the advantage and forces Owen into the TMPT corner, Austin grabbing his arms so that HHH can send him to the ground with a punch to the jaw. Owen springs back up, though, and starts one-two punching HHH, driving him to the ropes with an unusual fury. HHH manages to reach over and tag in Austin, who climbs in just in time to be Irish Whipped to the far corner. Owen tags in Bret.

The Hitman continues the attack, but Austin seems resilient, and the two trade punches in the middle of the ring until Austin whips Hart into a clothesline and tags HHH back. Hunter beats down Bret further before sending him over the ropes and onto the floor. The two brawl outside the ring as the ref sloooowly counts, HHH having the advantage but Bret returning blows. However, HHH drives the action towards his corner, and Austin leaps down from the apron to help slam Bret into the barricade. HHH steps back into the ring at the count of 6, Bret lies prone on the floor.

7... Owen runs over to Bret... 8... helps get him back on his feet... 9... Bret rolls onto the mat just in time. Austin starts attacking Owen as HHH toys with his opponent on the floor. The ref finally comes over to ringside and forces the two to separate, not noticing HHH choking Bret.

HHH gets the weakened Hart in place for the Pedigree... but Bret flips him over and starts applying the Sharpshooter! Hunter is agonized but Bret is too weak to sustain it for long and they both collapse to the mat, crawling towards their corners.

Bret makes the tag! The crowd goes nuts as Owen leaps in, just as HHH tags in Austin. Owen attacks Stone Cold with a series of punches, fired up by what he saw happen to his brother. The two run the ropes and Owen catches Austin for a
leg lariat! Austin goes down but staggers to a standing position in the middle of the ring- right in time for Owen to hit a Missile Dropkick!

1... 2... 2.9- as HHH rushes in to break up the pin. Bret climbs in and the two brawl, and Austin uses the distraction to nail Owen with a gut kick before delivering a Stone Cold Stunner! He visibly hooks Owen's tights as the ref counts-

1... 2... 3! The TMPT win.

The ref raises Austin and Hunter's arms in victory. The audience's boos fill the arena. Owen and Bret can be seen exchanging trash-talk with the two inside the ring as we fade out.

Despite the stinker of a month WWF has been having, the PPV was a solid B, and on WCW's home turf no less.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Never got the WCW invite but it's ok, I don't have the time.

Edit: WWF has a guy named Fucktrain? I agree with Carlito that that's uncool.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Never got the WCW invite but it's ok, I don't have the time.

Sorry, I screwed up. WCW needs manpower so if you have the time to re-join, please let me know.

And speaking of screwing up: I have some re-playing to do, because I had a hard drive failure recently and lost the Program Files folder, where the mod and save file was stored. I can replay from after WM13 because that's where JR left off, but things might go down a bit differently...

Happyman fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 17, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Happyman posted:

Sorry, I screwed up. WCW needs manpower so if you have the time to re-join, please let me know.

And speaking of screwing up: I have some re-playing to do, because I had a hard drive failure recently and lost the Program Files folder, where the mod and save file was stored. I can replay from after WM13 because that's where JR left off, but things might go down a bit differently...

Oh dear. Um... keep us updated!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Happyman posted:

Do you know the ~secret password~ to open the save game in Access? You can manually edit it that way to make it match up better.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Happyman posted:

gently caress.

Anyway, here's Monday Night Raw.

PaulyDangerouslyGuy posted:

Raw came from the Hammerstein Ballroom this time around.

Skunkrocker, despondent, gets on a bus.
We can't see where the bus is going, but Skunkrocker is crying. Fans here in the Hammerstein were unruly, shouting "Aw, suck my cock!" and other varied insults, as Janetty isn't all that well-liked up here.

Mark Henry/Hakushi, 29. Mark was off his game, probably because of the raucous chants for Hakushi.

After the match, Henry grabbed a mic.
"Now, as y'all know, I defended my Pan-American title against one Scotty Bollea last night. I-"
"FUUUUCK YOU!"
"Shut up, you drunk idiot. I, as your Pan-American Champion, would like to say that I'll face anyone, anywhere from Montreal to Montpellier, to here in the Hammerstein."
Steve Corino's music hit, and alongside Ted DiBiase, he walked out to confront Henry.
"You've been talking about how you'll contend against anyone? Well, I'd like to challenge you! Next week, you and I, that title! Be there, or don't! I think I'd win it by forfeit then!"
"Oh, I'll be there, you Million Dollar Punk."

After that, we heard a very jubilant horn theme play, and who walked out but former US Olympian Kurt Angle? He soaked up the adulation of the crowd(in reality Bronx cheers and hurled sodas) and began to speak.
"Oh, it's true, it's true, it's drat true! Your Olympic hero Kurt Angle is on Monday Night Raw! And judging by the reaction I've been getting from you MISCREANTS, you've seen my exploits instilling discipline into all the hardcore chair-swinging freaks down in Philadelphia, only on ECW Hardcore TV!"
Kurt paused to gloat to the crowd.
"But enough about me! I'd like to talk about a man who I respect! Who I admire! A man who knows what technical wrestling is all about! Mister Bob Backlund!"
Bob Backlund entered.
"Mister Backlund here has just about as much esteem for all those pieces of crap in Barb Wire City as I do! So I'm glad to take his side tonight against a pair of losers who named themselves after a rock music magazine!"

Backlund and Angle vs Kerrang!, Backlund and Angle go over after Mero interference when Angle hits an Olympic slam onto Holly

Backstage, Vince is talking to Goldust, livid. "What the hell was that? A WWF Champion doesn't act that way! If you don't defend your title fairly tonight, I will strip you of it! And that is a GUARAN-drat-TEE!" Goldust talks to Ted DiBiase for a bit, before accepting. "And you know what, Goldust? I have just the man to face you! A man who still has some bad blood with you--THE UNDERRRRTAKER!"

Then this woman walked out leading two hulking beasts in airbrushed singlets to the ring by a chain. One young man sitting next to me was able to tell me they were Francine and the Pitbulls from ECW. Good for him. They beat Cuddly Chris and Sugah Shane from 3 Count, and I was paying as much attention as it sounds like I was.

Albano is shown making a call to an unknown person, thanking him for "letting [him] know". When Bradshaw asks who he was talking to, he says not to worry about it.

Fucktrain/Kal Kirby, Fucktrain wins. The Hammerstein was surprisingly dead for Fucktrain.

Backstage, HHH is on the phone. "No, you hang up first. No, no, you hang up first. I'm not gonna hang up first, you hang up first. ... Hello?" Austin walks in.
"Hell, son, sounds like you got yerself a fine lady on the line. Mind tellin yer ol' pal Stone Cold what's goin' on?"
"Well, Steve, I met her ia few months ago, when we were up here in New York for the Royal Rumble. She's funny, gorgeous, and we finish each other's... each other's..."
"what?"
"I..."
"what?"
"It's on the tip of my tongue"
"what?"
"ah, nevermind, I'll think of it later. Anyway, I've been giving her some private lessons-"
"Ooooo-hooohoohooo, you dawg!"
"Aw, not like that, Steve, wrestling lessons! And she's really getting good! I'm thinking she might be a great addition to the group, give us a little muscle on the outside."
"Uh, Hunter, I'm not sure-"
"Trust me, you'll see. She can hold her own with the guys."

Video Package: A cemetary is shown, as a pitched-down spooky voice intones "Not everything is made to last forever. We are."

Owen and Bret are in the ring. Owen speaks. “I am trying my hardest to remain calm, but last night, at the Deadly Games, Steve Austin and Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated us. Normally, I wouldn't be so mad, as a loss against a powerful and capable tag team isn't any slight against us, but I still feel like their victory is unearned.” He hands his brother the microphone, visibly calming himself down.
Bret is not as calm. “Those hooligans cheated us out of our victory! They were holding Owen's tights! I demand a re--” He is cut off by Hunter's theme, playing as the Two Man Power Trip walk down to the ring.

“Bret, Bret, Bret. Calm down, the better men won, just say it. It'll make you feel much better!” Hunter is smiling as he walks down to the ring.

“Yeah, and if you don't, we can make tonight a repeat of last night, and whup your asses again, in front of all these stupid sumbitches!” Austin says, before charging Owen. Hunter attacks Bret. The fight is even, until the Titantron activates.

~PiLlMaN~!

Brian Pillman is back, and he jumps right at Bret! The tables turned, Bret and Owen are being beaten down, and the Titantron activates again.

~You think you know me!~

It's Edge, holding a chair! The crowd erupts! Hunter can't believe it! Edge runs down, a fury in his eyes, and hits Hunter with the chair, and then again! As Bret and Owen hold off Austin and Pillman, Edge grabs a second chair, rolls Hunter onto the first one, and hits him with the second one twice! The Three-Man Power Trip drag the unconscious HHH off, as Edge makes sure the Harts are okay. Edge and the Harts stand tall to end the segment.

Shawn Michaels promo on Mankind, saying Mankind only won that Deadly Games match out of sheer luck after that Sweet Chin Music knocked him out. Mankind rebuts. "You know what, Shawn? I may have only won that match on a stroke of luck, but I didn't see you getting up to break the pin! You were as tuckered out as I was! And after a half hour match against 5 opponents, I took a beating! I took a drat hard beating! But what did I do after that? I kept on fighting for that WWF title! So I'm just a little tired of you talking about weakness! I might not be Mr. Olympia, but I'm strong where it counts! And if you wanna show me just how much stronger you are than me, then fine! I'll take you on!" For once the crowd wasn't cheering for the heels, as Mankind got a warm welcome from the Hammerstein crowd. Of course, Shawn got his share of cheers, but they subsided quickly.

Vince updates the crowd on Roddy Piper's medical condition, saying he may not be cleared to return to a WWF ring in the coming weeks. Jericho gloats, Liger comes out and says he wants a shot at the IC title, so he can finish what Roddy started. Jericho tells him he'll have to earn it. The Hammerstein did not care for Liger, to be honest.

Goldust(C) vs The Undertaker
WWF Title

Goldust looked the Undertaker up and down to begin the match before scurrying to the outside after Undertaker offered a test of strength. He conferred with DiBiase for a while as the ref counted. At 5, Undertaker stepped over the ropes and began to stalk towards Goldust, who then ran to the other side of the ring before slipping back in. Undertaker entered the ring again, and Goldust slipped right back out, idling at commentary for a bit. He takes the chair usually accompanied by Piper, now left empty in his absence.

"Well, uh, it seems the champion is joining us at commentary. I'll bow out while he consults with you."
"Thank you, Gene. Well, Goldust, it's certainly not standard procedure for a wrestler to join the commentary team during a match. Why a-"
"Hush, JR, this is my commentary track. The opinions and statements given here do not necessarily represent those of the World Wrestling Federation, a-"

Goldust's time at commentary is cut short by a tope from the Undertaker from the ring to the commentary table, crashing right into Goldust! As the Undertaker has entered and left the ring, the ref restarts the count.

1...2... Both Taker and Goldust are laid out in the ruins of commentary as the crowd begins a HOLY poo poo chant. Goldust gets to his feet first, with the help of Ted DiBiase. 4...5...6... Goldust clambers back into the ring. 7... Undertaker sits up. At the count of 9, Undertaker re-enters the ring, met with a flurry of strikes from Goldust. He shrugs these off, and knocks Goldust silly with a hook before hitting the ropes and going for his flying clothesline. Goldust has it scouted, however, and pulls the ref into the way of the clothesline, laying him out. As Taker gets back to his feet, DiBiase throws a chair to the Silver Screen Sensation. Goldust takes the chair, and waffles Taker in the head, prompting a pop from the Hammerstein crowd. Taker is knocked loopy, but not downed. As Goldust prepares another strike, the lights go red and the familiar music plays.

"WHY, JR, THAT HAS TO BE KANE! IT JUST MUST BE KANE!" Yes, Kane walks down the aisle, Paul Bearer by his side. He enters the ring, and whips Taker to the turnbuckle. He puts Taker on the top, grabs his neck and leg, and chokeslams The Undertaker to the mat! Goldust goes for the cover as Kane and Bearer walk away.

1...2...3. Goldust smirks to the crowd to resounding boos as he holds his title aloft.

"Why, JR, we have witnessed a grave injustice tonight, if you will pardon my wordplay."
"Yes, Gene, just like the good book said, Kane has proven that he is not his brother's keeper!"

Kane and Taker brawl to the back.

HBK, Austin, and HHH vs the Harts and Mankind, ends in a brawl that only ceases when referees separate the participants from one another

This was a drat good show, a B-, a show worthy of the epicenter of extreme. I hope the WWF keeps on this streak.
After the show, they told us that they'd be coming back to the City in a few weeks for In Your House 16.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 17, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ScottysTopBody@aol.com posted:

Well, neighbor, I'd like to tell you about a recent epiphany I had, a mental lightning flash from the gods of Scottymania! After Monday Night Raw, neighbors, I was feelin' mighty hungry! So I looked around the city, and I found a chicken restaurant! Well, I went to that restaurant and I ordered myself up a bucket of fried chicken, James! While I was eating it, My vision went white and I started hearing voices! It was a message! A vision! I had an idea for a match, a wonderful, amazing match! So I went to my car, I picked up my car phone, and I let it out to a good buddy of mine! Well, He thought it was an amazing match for the boys down south, neighbor, and you know I got the hint! Well, I hung up that phone, dialed up WWF Magazine, and pitched it to Vic Venom, host of Shotgun Saturday Night, and he booked it, with me as the referee! What'll you have prepared, neighbor, when Scottymania refs wild on you this Saturday?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Great job on the PPV, guys, even thouh you had to improvise a bit on short notice. RAW was good too.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Great job on the PPV, guys, even thouh you had to improvise a bit on short notice. RAW was good too.

Actually we didn't have to improvise at all, a lot of this was planned even since the Rumble.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

Actually we didn't have to improvise at all, a lot of this was planned even since the Rumble.

I know for a fact that at least one entire match had to be reworked :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I know for a fact that at least one entire match had to be reworked :v:

Even though we weren't sure whether the TMPT or Harts were winning that tag match until like the week of because we completely forgot to actually write a finish in the doc, that entire PPV went off completely according to plan.

• Locked thread