Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

Why do all these modern companions have to be shown as being so loving special. Rose, Clara, even Amy and Rory. Can't we just have a bunch of average guys/girls with no special characteristics for once?

Why would the Doctor pick out some arbitrary "normal" person as a companion? I mean, I'd be interested in seeing what some overweight, balding, office drone with no sense of humour or adventure would do as a companion, but it's fairly obvious why they always have someone exceptional be a character instead of the opposite.

Cliff Racer posted:

Oh, and I was never really scared for anyone's safety (or even weirded out by the monsters) like I was in Blink.

Is Blink that episode with the dumbass statue monsters? What is it about those monsters that get people all riled up. I'm trying to find a way to make fun of the stupidity of them without acknowledging the stupidity of the whole enterprise. In any case is there something I'm missing about why that episode is so popular or did I just miss out on formative childhood experiences involving fear of sculpture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread