Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

What annoyed me about this episode is that it contained lazy writing crutch #1, people being interrupted just as they're about to say something interesting so as to save the interesting bit for later. And also #2, the unwillingess to share information for no reason other than to satisfy plot requirements. Like, is there any actual reason for Clara to not just come out and say she's dating Pink? Of course there isn't, but Moffat wants to save it for The Finale to package it with a Shocking Revelation. I hope Pink just joins as a companion in like two episodes and we'll be done with this angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

It's because she's still romantically interested in the Doctor and he is in her. She's being shady about the date to leave the door open for her and the Doctor. He makes remarks about her looks because he's teasing her for attention. The script makes this a lot more clear.

Even if any of this were true, she does actually say she's dating, just not who with. Which was my actual problem. Oh no, I can't possibly tell the doctor that I know and in fact see this man every day at work, there's no way that would be relevant information he should know?

• Locked thread