Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

The laws of sanity are mine, and they will obey me!
I enjoyed this episode. Although I thought it was a bit ballsy of Moffat to go into the Doctor's childhood, I think it left enough mystery as to not spoil things, whilst at least giving us something to walk away with.

Need to re-watch, but who was the Doctor actually talking to in the beginning?

9.4/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

I'm wondering if this whole Clara being afraid of dying thing is just a ruse (because if she does die, it would be a very expected departure from the audience's point of view), and in the end, she'll meet up with Jenny (Doctor's daughter) and go on space adventures with her for the rest of her (long) life. :v:

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

Needs some sound balancing -- far too loud for 10 o'clock at night, Central Time.

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Only if they include Adric.

Bollocks to that.

Unless he starts postulating how he could actually be right, put up mathematical proofs as to how he could, then throughout the story, bothering the Doctor every five minutes for validation. Before a planet falls on him. Oh wait. :haw:

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

Glad to see I'm not the only one confused by 11's theme in the preview...

Overall, a great episode. Yeah, there were sitcom elements, but I think it balanced out quite nicely with the whole Clara drama surrounding it.

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

Cleretic posted:

It was in the last one, too. It's like someone on staff just sort of forgot that was Eleven's theme, and not the Doctor's. Maybe it's because Twelve doesn't really have a theme yet?

Maybe it's Moffat's theme?

When did Ten get a theme? I don't remember when it happened, and I want to say it was during season 3...

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

I loved this episode. It was like Waters of Mars, but different in its own way, and pulled it off beautifully. Clara's scene at the end worked well, though partially we knew it's been a long time coming.

Yes, I raised my eyebrows at the egg revelation at first, but by the end, it seemed to somehow fit.

10/10. The best of the season so far. My personal ranking look like this:

1) Kill the Moon
2) Listen
3) The Caretaker
4) Robot of Sherwood
5) Into the Dalek
6) Time Heist
7) Deep Breath **

** This may because I watched it too many times when showing it to other people.

Overall, it's been a pretty good season so far. Different, but good nonetheless. As was mentioned before in a previous thread, this is probably the most consistent season we've had since season 5, which makes me wonder if it's at least partially to do with the fact that there aren't any breaks this time around.

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Errors: In the episode it is claimed that the moon is an egg. This is scientifically inaccurate as the moon is not an egg.

Almost sounds like science...fiction! Oh...wait...

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

Just under 25 minutes...:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Man
Mar 12, 2006

Episode was...intense.

I thought the dream sequence thing was probably the Moffatest part of the episode, but it worked well.

As for the Missy reveal, after watching the episode a second time, it's really obvious (if you keep in mind that a lot of this season has a very "Classic Series" vibe to it).

Next Saturday can't come soon enough.

• Locked thread