Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I was looking at that and maybe, just would need to confirm the power situation. Projectors are like 20+ feet off the ground so itís not trivial to just hop on up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The HDMI over Ethernet thing I'm using only needs to be powered on one end. That seemed fairly typical when I bought it a little over a year ago.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

The HDMI over Ethernet thing I'm using only needs to be powered on one end. That seemed fairly typical when I bought it a little over a year ago.

I can only find them where both sides are powered, but if you have any that you can find that look good with just the transmitter powered, that would be nifty

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

KKKLIP ART posted:

I can only find them where both sides are powered, but if you have any that you can find that look good with just the transmitter powered, that would be nifty
I'm using this one that I can only find on amazon.de. I'm doing 1080p over 25m of cat5 with this with no issues.

I obviously don't know about the quality of any of these (there are three links there), but they all seem to be powered from one side only. You're right that there are more, even very similar looking ones that need power on both sides. It somehow seemed to help when I added the edola brand to the search terms, which is weird. Other than that, there was a lot of plain looking at the images to see whether the receiver had an input for power. The ones that say 4K over cat6/7, I'm assuming are fine with cat5 for 1080p.

edit: they seem to call this POC, where the power goes through the cable. Though adding that to the search terms brings up a lot of irrelevant stuff as well.

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 10, 2021

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?

Fibre optic HDMI cables can also be used over longer distances. The advantage of that is that you don't need conversion boxes at each end; the optic-to-copper transciever is built into the the plugs and powered by the device itself. Twisted pair video is useful in convetion centers and stuff like that, since you can just put in a bunch of TP cables and use the same cables for video, ethernet or landline or whatever.

Vir fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 10, 2021

tuyop
Sep 14, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

What about, say, a chromecast that you push google slides through? Just for the sake of options.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fiber optic hdmi seems like 200 which might do it. With chrome cast it seems like casting the same thing to more than one device from the same computer is a butt

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Looking to add some more storage for games. I'm pretty sure I've used all three of my M.2 slots so I'm looking for SATA options, probably around the 1-2tb range.

I've always gone with samsung - looking at their current offerings it looks like the 9xx drives are m.2 and the 8xx drives are SATA? What is this QVO stuff?

E: just bought a WD blue 2tb SSD, will be fine. Ty

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 11, 2021

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

VelociBacon posted:

E: just bought a WD blue 2tb SSD, will be fine. Ty

Good choice!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Wrong subforum.

Affi fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 12, 2021

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

So I'm going to buy an android tablet by 'onn' : 10.1" tablet pro, 32gb storage, 3gb ram, android 11, 2ghz octa-core processor. It looks like a good deal. But I cannot find out how much storage the SD slot can take. Any help?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Spacegrass posted:

So I'm going to buy an android tablet by 'onn' : 10.1" tablet pro, 32gb storage, 3gb ram, android 11, 2ghz octa-core processor. It looks like a good deal. But I cannot find out how much storage the SD slot can take. Any help?

The Q&A section on the bottom of the walmart page for it has people saying 128GB is what the manual says for sd card size:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-10-1-Tablet-Pro-32GB-Storage-3GB-RAM-Android-11-2GHz-Octa-Core-Processor-FHD-Display/435637419

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rexxed posted:

The Q&A section on the bottom of the walmart page for it has people saying 128GB is what the manual says for sd card size:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-10-1-Tablet-Pro-32GB-Storage-3GB-RAM-Android-11-2GHz-Octa-Core-Processor-FHD-Display/435637419

That honestly doesnít seem right for something in 2021.

The Milkman
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

MarcusSA posted:

It's a walmart brand android tablet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

MarcusSA posted:

Generally the sd card reading chips will cover a particular family of cards, so that one's going to support SDXC (or earlier) which can go bigger than 128GB, but there's no guarantee that it will work with larger ones even if it should because maybe they cut corners somewhere. It could be that that was the largest one they tested with when the manual was written, or it might be an actual limitation somewhere.