Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Is there any way for me to identify the LED components on this part of a Pioneer DDJ SX2? There's 8 of them arranged in a 2x4 pattern across the bottom center.

I genuinely have no idea if this is the correct thread for this, but I didn't see a soldering/repair thread. I've had a few LEDs fail in my SX2, specifically the green LED for 6 differeng RGB LEDs. I have soldering equipment and I'd love to attempt a repair on my own if it doesn't require microsoldering. Would just prefer to order the specific component RGBs than to replace the entire PCB at a cost of ~$400 per side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Ahh shoot- it didn't even occur to me that my issue was more a DIY issue than a tech issue.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
So I think the following is more of a hardware question than a tech support or monitor/display question. I’m also feeling like the answer should be simply, so I’ve decided to post here.

In the following setup-

-Two monitors
-Two dedicated GPUs (same model)
-One internal GPU (i7 k series)

Is it better to:

A) Connect both monitors to one dedicated GPU
B) Connect one monitor to each dedicated GPU
C) Connect one monitor to a dedicated GPU, and the other monitor to the internal GPU

Intuitively, B seemed like the best option. But what research I’ve scraped together (often conflicting) suggests Windows 10 renders the full desktop on one GPU before output. So B ends up being the unambiguously worst option. But it’s unclear if A or C is better because apparently internal, on chip GPUs won’t be subject to this issue? And there may be benefit to offloading less intensive second monitor duties to it?

Secondarily, is it actually better to disable the onboard video and audio if they aren’t being used?

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
The ethernet port on my Gigabyte B550i Motherboard keeps dropping connection. Usually in the span of 12-48 hours, I will come back to this computer and find 'No Internet'. WiFi will remain connected if set up, but the wired connection will no longer work. Unplugging/Replugging the cable on either end will cause the computer to connect again, as will disabling/re-enabling the Ethernet connection on the PC itself.

I've tried two cables (a 50ft and a 100ft), one I can confirm works fine with other devices on the network. I have also tried two different ports on the router. always dropping connection between 12-48 hours.

Any ideas goons? This is my first small-form-factor PC and I was concerned might be overheating in a way that doesn't show up on the sensors (HWInfo64 isn't showing anything that's alarming to me). But now I'm thinking it might be more likely that the port on the MOBO is borked.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
That's a bummer. Not so much for actual internet connectivity--I am capped at gigabit Fibe split between 5 comptuters--but I use this device as a home server of sorts.

When you say 'I was able to resolve it by locking it at 1GB in the hardware properties', what do you mean?

Ethernet -> Properties -> Configure -> Advanced -> 'EEE Max Support speed' ? Because Ironically mine seems to have defaulted to 1. Maybe I'll try 2.5.

Edit: I think my router only supports up to 1000 anyways

PoizenJam fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 10, 2022

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Just checking back to say I found updated drivers for Windows 10 for the LAN on the Gigabyte B550i and I think that may have solved the problem. Ethernet still connected.

I had tried updating it before–after all updating drivers is just basic troubleshooting 101–but it seems updating to the new Windows 11 specific drivers was not an automatic process and I had to manually install them from the RealTek website. Pretty wild that this issue seems ubiquitous across most Gigabyte B550 boards. It's actually a little difficult to conceive of how this passed QA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Speed on M.2 drives may be capped if they share bandwidth with one another or with other SATA/PCI-E plugs on the board. For instance, if my SATA5/6 is populated on my Z490-A Prime, the second M.2 slot is limited to 2X speed.

As best as I can tell, this is not the case for the M.2 on that Z490 FTW.