Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kornjaca
Mar 19, 2007

I've been experiencing extremely loud coil whine recently, by which I mean yesterday, coming out of my computer. My prime suspect was my 2 week(maybe 10 days can't remember) old G1970gtx. I was able to resolve the issue with Nvidia Inspector, by decreasing the frame rates generated by the card. However this brought another question to my mind, well a few questions tbh. I have never experienced any issues with any of my former gpus. The coil whine issues did not occur immediately after installing the new GPU, thus my first question becomes: Could this coil whine actually be occurring because of my PSU, which can't provide enough stable power during load times? The coil whine issue is only present when I am running a game. My second question is, if I limit the fps to let's say 60, does this mean that my GPU will not be running at full load and at the same time won't require as much power to be drawn from the PSU as it would if it was stressed 100%, or does the coil whine appear just because my card is rendering a gazzillion useless fps, which I don't need anyway?

My psu, which I will be replacing in a couple of weeks, is a CX600M :saddowns:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU