Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
So I need to remove my heat sink to clear some dust buildup out of it. Do I need to clean off and reapply thermal paste or can I just stick it back on as is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes

blue squares posted:

I built my PC using this forum as a guide in December 2011 or 2012. I have not upgraded it since. I am now considering getting a new CPU or GPU.

I have:
CPU: i3-2120 3.3GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon 6800 1024MB

The last game I bought was Watch_Dogs and that ran beautifully, but GTA V isn't doing so hot. However, I'm not a hardcore gamer, so maybe a new CPU would be better because it would improve my computer for more than just gaming? Its pretty slow.

You probably want this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671266 it'll have the answer to any question