Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I bought a new case to build out of today. It ships with 3 fans, but has space for 4 more. Should I worry about getting fans for these slots? it's going to house an i3-4150 w/ H97M mobo and an EVGA 750 ti superclocked 2gb. I live in Phoenix and had a computer nuke itself of me before. Small case, but I probably didn't clean it enough either.

Also, it's a black case and clear side panel. If I were to get fans with LED, what color would go best with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Rexxed posted:

You most likely won't need more fans than the 3 included ones since your system isn't overclocked and you aren't getting a video card with high power use. You could replace them with quieter ones if they're loud but I'd wait until you try them out first. LED color is personal preference but a lot of folks go with colors complimentary to the accents on their other hardware. If you plan to sleep in the same room as it and you might leave it on avoid blue LEDs.

I'll wait and check out the stock. I was looking at the Cougar case fans, and reviews seem to point to them being quiet and moving good air, so if I replace fans I may just got for those and skip LED. I was thinking white or red LED but I don't think anything inside the case will be those colors.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I'm moving in with a friend of mine and he already has router etc setup and doesn't want Ethernet cables around the house. Is there a way for my router to receive an internet connection wirelessly and get full speed so I can connect my desktop and ps4 with Ethernet?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I hear the ps4 wireless is crap, and I don't have a wireless adapter for the desktop so that's why i was looking at this. These sound exactly what I need though. Our connection is only 150 down so hopefully it won't lose a lot of the speed.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

My friend gave me his old RAM when he upgraded.

My current RAM

The RAM he gave me

Can I combine this new RAM with the old and have a total of 24GB? or do I need to use just the ones he gave me and go to 16GB?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

It's a gaming PC and not much else, so I think I'll just use the 16gb then. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

teagone posted:

What motherboard do you have? Your motherboard might not support the highest speed that the RAM your friend gave you is capable of, and will run at same speed of your original RAM, or only slightly faster.

ASRock H97M Pro4 

Looks like it only supports up to 1600. Guess I'll use all 24gb then! Really wish I could afford to upgrade my PC :(