Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a headset with mic for under $60? Everything on Newegg is pretty similiar and all the reviews cite the same durability / comfort issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Leperflesh posted:

I would avoid the computer gamer market of headset/mic stuff. Corporations buy from outfits like Plantronics or Jabra. They're typically more expensive, but you can find older models for a reasonable price, and they're far more reliable/durable. They're also lightweight and ergonomic. They're used in call centers so they're designed to be comfortable to wear continuously for an 8-hour shift.

Keep in mind the audio quality is intended for good sound for IP telephony rather than listening to music: if you want hi fidelity headphones then Titor has it right, get separate headphones and mic. If you want hands-free IP telephony like with Skype, or you want to yell curse words at online people while you play MMOs, then a Plantronics or Jabra headset is a good choice.

I've been using a Plantronics GN2000 for about six years with no complaints.

Here's a $30 set on Amazon that has excellent reviews.

Thanks! I do in fact want to yell at my friends.